over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Raw asparagus

sammy555

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I've decided to add asparagus to my diet as its one of the few vegetables i can actually eat without heaving. Is there any disadvantage to eating it raw and also can you eat the hard bit at the bottom people throw out? I could do without the hassle of cooking it and would hate to throw the end bit away if it could be beneficial. No food gets wasted in my house lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Eating it raw is just fine. Some say cooking it decreases vitamins b and c, but has yet to be proven. I eat raw wild asparagus all the time. If you do chose to eat it raw, I would suggest finding the thinnest ones you can since they are younger and more tender. And yes you can eat the whole thing. Most people disgard this section since it is hard and dry. I save mine and put them in stir-fry.

Eating it raw is just fine. Some say cooking it decreases vitamins b and c, but has yet to be proven. I eat raw wild asparagus all the time. If you do chose to eat it raw, I would suggest finding the thinnest ones you can since they are younger and more tender. And yes you can eat the whole thing. Most people disgard this section since it is hard and dry. I save mine and put them in stir-fry.

Thanks. Im hoping a couple of sticks with each meal will leach a little water out of me. Not much as i already watch sodium and eat a lot of potassium anyway. Doesn't worry me that it's hard and dry ill wash it down with a cup of water. If there's nutrition in that bit and ive paid for it im sure as hell gonna eat it.

I've decided to add asparagus to my diet as its one of the few vegetables i can actually eat without heaving. Is there any disadvantage to eating it raw and also can you eat the hard bit at the bottom people throw out? I could do without the hassle of cooking it and would hate to throw the end bit away if it could be beneficial. No food gets wasted in my house lol

Never tried it raw.

I use some spray virgin olive oil, real quick and go over a dozen stalks or so, after I have broken off the bottoms, sprinkle some fine sea salt, cook for 12 minutes at 425 degrees, man it is scrumptious!

heat destroys vitamins in general. i have seen studies were your body is actually able to extract the vitamins out better once the heat has broken down the structure of the veggie. so take your pick. i find lightly nuking them keeps them from being over cooked. grilling them is great as well.

heat destroys vitamins in general. i have seen studies were your body is actually able to extract the vitamins out better once the heat has broken down the structure of the veggie. so take your pick. i find lightly nuking them keeps them from being over cooked. grilling them is great as well.

I also nuke mine for under 2 mins and then drink the water that I used to cook it in.

Also like to saute mine in a pan for a few mins an then make a sauce to go on top with Dijon mustard, ff mayo and grated parm cheese...delicious!

Love asparagus....but hate the stinky pee.

I love asparagus! This is what I do, I boil the water and blanch the asparagus for about 3 mins. Then get hot fry pan, olive oil and sauteed the asparagus and sprinkle with rock salt :) Voila!! Bon Appettit! :headbang:

Raw is fine I would still cut the hard end off. You get better nutrition from raw vegetables. I put mine in water in the microwave for around 8-10 min and ding they are done.

I always grill mine. sprinkle with olive oil kosher salt fresh cracked pepper and a little parm and then throw on the grill till it just starts getting tender. forget about it. Ate it last night like this with a ny strip. amazing

Never tried it raw.

I use some spray virgin olive oil, real quick and go over a dozen stalks or so, after I have broken off the bottoms, sprinkle some fine sea salt, cook for 12 minutes at 425 degrees, man it is scrumptious!

Gonna try this today

warm ruins natural vitamins in common. i have seen research were your human is actually able to create the natural vitamins out better once the warm has split up the framework of the vegetable. so take your choose. i discover gently nuking them keeps them from being over prepared. cooking them is excellent as well.

I love it raw! Taste like fresh green beans to me.

aldente

I love asparagus! This is what I do, I boil the water and blanch the asparagus for about 3 mins. Then get hot fry pan, olive oil and sauteed the asparagus and sprinkle with rock salt :) Voila!! Bon Appettit! :headbang:

on a plate, dirzzle small amount of olive oil 45sec's to 1min in microwave. Drizzle a little balsalmic vinegar glaze ontop. Fast, healthy, taste and the crunchy texture adds to the expierence

I eat it raw right out of my garden sometimes.When I cook it,I steam it 4 to 5 minutes.

I wrap it in tin foil with a little olive oil and crushed red pepper and throw it on the grill.... It cooks in about te same time as my med/rare steak does .....

on a plate, dirzzle small amount of olive oil 45sec's to 1min in microwave. Drizzle a little balsalmic vinegar glaze ontop. Fast, healthy, taste and the crunchy texture adds to the expierence

Yes Balsamic Vinegar is nice!

Trim the hard ends of the asparagus-lightly coat with olive oil-sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper-place directly on grill grates (grill should be on high) roll the asparagus with tongs across the grates as they cook-you want the asparagus to char slightly without overcooking them. The asparagus are done when the color of the stalks becomes bright green and tender-you should have some charring at this point. Remove from the grill and whil still hot-grate-Parmesan Reggiano or Parmesan Pecorino (a little goes a long way) on the asparagus and finish with a generous amount of fresh lemon juice. I own a catering business and this is one of my best selling vegetable sides.

I never tried it raw. Usally in the microwave 7-9mins n gtg.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131