over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

best ab exercise

bbg420

Registered
besides genetics and diet, how do guys get them 12 packs, is it situps, crunches, etc that give best results or what

Doesn't take much. Crunches will work fine. You just need to be lean.

Best ab exercise is a clean diet.

slow steady ab workout of any kind with weight. Low fat will have your stomach flat... like a Justin Bieber. They are still muscles and you need to make them grow so there is something to pop out, something to make defined.

How about a more specific question.. What is the best exercise for your lower abs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sex gives me a great ab workout :D

I personally like the "scissor" plate loaded machine. I don't put much weight on there at all, go 20-25 reps per set. I go slowly and contract as hard as possible for a second or two and stretch out at the end of the movement.

Get body fat percentage between 7%-10% is obviously also essential.

besides genetics and diet, how do guys get them 12 packs, is it situps, crunches, etc that give best results or what

Are you familiar with xrep Steve Holman book - xtra ordinary abs. Actually based on receive studies but I personally have found to be most interesting . Based on premise that there is a sweet spot on every exersize where the muscle us stretched and to utilize this to exhuast the fibers fully . Example the crunch only can stretch far as floor hence you are missing a great amount of space to work under tension . You can make crunch more effective by either doing crunches with head and shoulders off end of bench while feet on bar. That way you stretch torso beyond 90 degrees activating more fibers then when fully contracted at top hold for moment force all air out before you inhale and reverse. . Sometimes it's not the exercise it's the way you perform your set and reps. Can also be done with cable crunches either using exercise ball or ab bench or preacher curl with your back to pulley and against pad to stabilize torso stretch abs . Few pros who do this principle Ronny Coleman , jay cutler , mike mentzer ect . In fact go on xrep dot com purchase cheap . The whole xrep approach has opened. My eyes and I'm person that is hard to impress

V UPS and cable crunches are my favorite.

Also have done the P90X ab workout, thats absolutely killer

Synthetek Industries – Innovative Bodybuilding Products: Syntherol SEO | Human Kyno | L-Carnitine | Liver Protectants | Appetite Stimulators | Vasodilators - www.synthetek.com

V UPS and cable crunches are my favorite.

Also have done the P90X ab workout, thats absolutely killer

Synthetek Industries – Innovative Bodybuilding Products: Syntherol SEO | Human Kyno | L-Carnitine | Liver Protectants | Appetite Stimulators | Vasodilators - www.synthetek.com

Have you done the "insanity" ab workout? Any comparison

I don't have a 12 pack, but I do have a six-pack and I'm 45 y/o. I do crunches on a Nautilus machine, cable/rope crunches and decline sit-ups w/ a weighted ball or plate. I try to keep my rep range between 15-25. Diet and cardio have more of an impact than exercise selection imho.

How about a more specific question.. What is the best exercise for your lower abs?

Hanging leg raises..

I really only do 1 ab exercise, twice a week, and it's weighted crunches on a decline bench with the decline at it's max peak. This, plus doing compound movement exercises is more than enough. Just make sure you are keeping your core tight in all of your compound movements. Bench, squats, deads, rows, will all engage your core. You don't have to do 10 ab exercises and hit them from all these different angles, it has been proven that even a simple crunch hits every part of the abdominals. It all comes down to how lean you are, and doing something WEIGHTED to make them grow and stick out more.

I don't have a 12 pack, but I do have a six-pack and I'm 45 y/o. I do crunches on a Nautilus machine, cable/rope crunches and decline sit-ups w/ a weighted ball or plate. I try to keep my rep range between 15-25. Diet and cardio have more of an impact than exercise selection imho.

Hanging leg raises are also another great ab exercise.

There are no lower abs, it's one muscle.

Hanging leg raises do more for your hip flexors than they do your abs

Never trained abs in my life. When I actually get lean they are chunky as fuck though. I've always done squats or deads without fail every week and very heavy shrugs which I belive require a lot of stabalising. The one exercise that for me really his abs harder than anything is tricep pushdowns with the v bar. Dont know why. Someone's I've given up on ab failure before triceps failure. Straight bar or ropes don't feel in abs at all but v bar and I feel like I've done 1000 sit ups for some reason. Abs is all diet and genetics imo anyway. I can be quite a high body fat and they still poke through. I literally can not lose sight of them no matter how much I abuse diet. Love handles is another story lol.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Hanging leg raises..

Yes.

** Keep in mind, the raising of your legs is a byproduct of your abdominal section curling. If you're action is simply "raising" the knee, you'll never fully develop. It's a small movement.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity