over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Development Of A Freak

co1e_train

Registered
**** I started this log on another website roughly 5-6 weeks ago. This is the OP from that board but I have updated somethings to reflect what is now. The pictures are from 5-6 weeks.

I update my logs daily with my workouts, thoughts, short blogs I write and vids from my youtube channel I recently started.***

Social Media if your interested in connecting there!
Youtube: Cole Dreyer
Facebook: Cole Dreyer
IG: @coledreyer

Hello everyone!

My name is Cole Dreyer and it is my goal to be a total freak and a great competitive bodybuilder.

The current plant of action:

1. Go through a body recomposition and diet phase to strip off the fat tissue I have accrued during a prolonged growth phase.

2. Once lean grow in an intelligent way with properly programmed nutrition, training and supplementation to fill out my tall frame. This will probably take 1-2 years at least before I would be truly competitive on a bodybuilding stage.

3. Once completing step two compete and then repeat step 1-2 until I am a freak and competing at a very high level.

In addition I work full time as online and in person personal trainer and coach. I also am about to start a new job managing a large athletic performance and training center. I have a B.S in Exercise Science and currently hold an ACSM E-CP certification. I have aspirations and plans to continue to work full time in this industry while being both a full time online personal trainer/coach/prep coach and owning my own training facility/gym.

This log will contain daily workouts and diet thoughts, comments and followings. It will also include various blogs, vlogs, pics and vids about me and my life.

This is where I am at currently

A pic of training at cool hardcore power lifting gym I got to train at a couple weeks back using a neutral grip bar with chains.

This is roughly a 6 year transformation from the first progress pics I ever took to March 2015

IMG_1588_zpsnhkgjxti.jpg

My wife and I at the beach for vacation just this past week.

And then this is our little buddy Brody!

Training and Nutrition

I am following a 3 low carb day followed by 1 high carb day rotation and then on my one rest day I follow a very ketogenic approach.

Anabolic Emphasized Day

Meal 1:
8 Egg Whites
1 TBSP Coconut Oil
2 Cups of Spinach or Kale
Nutritional Breakdown
32g P, 8g CHO, 14g F

Meal 2:
8 oz Ground Turkey (93/7)
Nutritional Breakdown
50g P, 0g CHO, 18g F

Peri-Workout Nutrtion
Meal 3 - Preworkout Meal:
8 oz Chicken Breast
200g Sweet Potato
Nutritional Breakdown
55g P, 40g CHO, 3g F

Meal 4 - 15 minutes Preworkout:
*Minimum of 8oz Water Used
1 scoop of amino acids (BCAA or EAA depending on the individual, minimum of 2-3g Leucine)
5-10g Glutamine
5g Taurine
10g Vegetable Glycerin
200mgs Caffeine
GDA of choice: 400mgs berberine OR 300 mcgs Chromium OR 300mgs Gymnema

Meal 5 - Intraworkout Meal:

50g of carbohydrates from Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin OR Waxy Maize OR Karbolyn
50g protein from Whey Protein Isolate or Hydrolyzed Whey
15g amino acids (BCAA or EAA depending on the individual, minimum of 2-3g Leucine)
10g Vegetable Glycerol
1g Agmatine
10g Glutamine

Meal 6 - Immediately Postworkout Meal:
25g protein from Whey Protein Isolate or Hydrolyzed Whey
25g carbs from your favorite Sugary cereal or snack (keep this zero fat and keep the source consistent. Examples are corn flakes, twizzlers, etc.)
Nutritional Breakdown
25g P, 25g CHO, 0g F

Meal 7 - Second Postworkout Meal (30-60 mins after finishing your immediate PWO shake):
8 oz Chicken Breast
100g Sweet Potato
Nutritional Breakdown
53g P, 20g CHO, 3g F

Meal 8:
6 oz Ground Beef (93/7)
1 cup of Spinach, Kale, or Broccoli
Nutritional Breakdown
35g P, 8g CHO, 12g F

Nutritional Breakdown
300g P, 151g CHO, 50g F

Lypolytic Emphasized Lower Carb Day

Meal 1:
6 Egg Whites
1 TBSP Coconut Oil
2 Cups of Spinach or Kale
Nutritional Breakdown
24g P, 8g CHO, 14g F

Meal 2:
8 oz Ground Turkey (93/7)
1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Nutritional Breakdown
42g P, 0g CHO, 32g F

Peri-Workout Nutrtion
Meal 3 - Preworkout Meal:
8 oz Chicken Breast
Nutritional Breakdown
55g P, 0g CHO, 3g F

Meal 4 - 15 minutes Preworkout:
*Minimum of 8oz Water Used
1 scoop of amino acids (BCAA or EAA depending on the individual, minimum of 2-3g Leucine)
10g Glutamine
5g Taurine
10g Vegetable Glycerin
200mgs Caffeine
GDA of choice: 400mgs berberine OR 300 mcgs Chromium OR 300mgs Gymnema

Meal 5 - Intraworkout Meal:

25g of carbohydrates from Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin OR Waxy Maize OR Karbolyn
15g amino acids (BCAA or EAA depending on the individual, minimum of 2-3g Leucine)
10g Vegetable Glycerol
1g Agmatine
10g Glutamine

25g P, 25g CHO, 0g F

Meal 6 - Immediately Postworkout Meal:
Nutritional Breakdown
25g P, 0g CHO, 0g F

Meal 7 - Second Postworkout Meal (30-60 mins after finishing immediate PWO shake):
4 oz Chicken Breast
100g Sweet Potato
Nutritional Breakdown
26g P, 20g CHO, 2g F

Meal 8:
4 oz Ground Beef (93/7)
1 cup of Spinach, Kale, or Broccoli
Nutritional Breakdown
23g P, 8g CHO, 8g F

Nutritional Breakdown
220g P, 51g CHO, 60g F

Rest Day Nutrition which is once a week on Sundays

Meal 1:
5 Whole Eggs
1 TBSP Red Palm Oil
2 cups of Spinach or Kale
1 oz Almonds
Nutritional Breakdown
39g P, 10g CHO, 52g F

Meal 2:
4 oz Ground Turkey (93/7)
1 TBSP Coconut Oil
Nutritional Breakdown
21g P, 0g CHO, 22g F

Meal 3:
4 oz Sirloin Steak
Nutritional Breakdown
23g P, 0g CHO, 28g F

Meal 4:
4 oz Chicken Breast
1 TBSP Coconut Oil
Nutritional Breakdown
23g P, 0g CHO, 17g F

Meal 5:
5 Whole Eggs
2 cups of Spinach or Kale
1 oz Almonds
Nutritional Breakdown
39g P, 10g CHO, 38g F

Meal 6:
4 oz Sirloin Steak
Nutritional Breakdown
23g P, 0g CHO, 28g F

Nutritional Breakdown
168g P, 20g CHO, 186g F

Split

Chest and Arms Mechanical Stress Primary/Metabolic Stress Secondary

Back and Shoulders Mechanical Stress Primary/Metabolic Stress Secondary

Legs and Abs Mechanical Stress Primary/Metabolic Stress Secondary

Chest and Arms Cell Swelling and Metabolic Stress Hybrid

Back and Shoulders Cell Swelling and Metabolic Stress Hybrid

Legs and Abs Cell Swelling and Metabolic Stress Hybrid

REST

Repeat

There is ton of great community here and I want to be apart of it and add to it! I sincerely appreciate everyone who follows along!

And as you can see I have been a LONG time lurker on this board and hardly have posted.

I like the community here and I want to give what I can here and learn with everyone else as we walk towards our individual goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How tall are you and how much you weigh now?

How tall are you and how much you weigh now?

Without shoes I am 6'2 on the dot.

Currently I am fluctuating around 230-234 depending on the day.

Started at 265 in January but didn't lock in the diet till Marchish and I was roughly 250 at that point.

I'm certainly bigger and leaner now then the pics above BUT not gonna post a pic until we get to the end of the recomp diet.

Not sure if I had put that in the OP.

48a7fa5bff948aafd736930862c0b3b3.jpg

One of my favorite off day meals.

4oz top sirloin
1tbsp EVOO
Peppers, mush rooms and onion plus a little salsa

Keep on leaning out. I personally don't like that Diet, but that is me. You came a long way and should be proud of yourself. By the way, your wife is beautiful. You two look good together.

Keep on leaning out. I personally don't like that Diet, but that is me. You came a long way and should be proud of yourself. By the way, your wife is beautiful. You two look good together.

Thanks man, I certainly married up!

I appreciate the kind words. It's been a process but I have a long way ahead of me.

Would you mind sharing why you don't like the diet though? I am just curious. It's been working very well in terms of a recomp and I have to say I've made quite a lot of progress in the 7 or so weeks since following it.

ill tell you this......you wont turn into a "freak"
eating the way you are eating...

:cool:

ill tell you this......you wont turn into a "freak"

eating the way you are eating...

:cool:

You are correct but tissue growth isn't the goal right now.

The goal right now is to strip off all this fat I am carrying while recomping a bit.

Eating for freak status will come later.

You are correct but tissue growth isn't the goal right now.

The goal right now is to strip off all this fat I am carrying while recomping a bit.

Eating for freak status will come later.

why not do both....????

appears you have it figured out though.....good luck with it.

what is your age btw sir....???

:)

Last edited:
why not do both....????

appears you have it figured out though.....good luck with it.

:)

I felt that in the long run I would benefit more from focusing on getting to a lean state first rather then trying to do two things at once. I have grown a decent amount in the context of what I am doing currently which has been a nice extra benefit.

Plus I am thinking I will grow more efficiently when lean and when doing everything for tissue opposed to trying to give efforts to both.

And I don't know that I have it figured out yet. I do think I am starting to figure it out for me and my body but I wouldn't say I have it nailed down yet.

I felt that in the long run I would benefit more from focusing on getting to a lean state first rather then trying to do two things at once. I have grown a decent amount in the context of what I am doing currently which has been a nice extra benefit.

Plus I am thinking I will grow more efficiently when lean and when doing everything for tissue opposed to trying to give efforts to both.

And I don't know that I have it figured out yet. I do think I am starting to figure it out for me and my body but I wouldn't say I have it nailed down yet.

if you "don't know yourself yet"......then how in the hell
are you gonna PREP or COACH someone...???

:confused:

if you "don't know yourself yet"......then how in the hell

are you gonna PREP or COACH someone...???

:confused:

Couple things here.

1. I specifically said I do online coaching and personal training - that is quite different from prepping people for physique based competitions. Coaching is far more then having some get leaner of grow muscle tissue. There is an enormous coaching and online training market out there beyond the tiny niche of competitive physique competition and one that does not require a coach or trainer to know all of the intricacies of prepping for a physique competition.

2. I will not coach or prep someone to a Bodybuilding stage until I myself have competed.

3. You stated in a post above that "it looks like you have it figured out." To which I took as a general phrase in terms of how I approach bodybuilding and the lifestyle. I did not in anyway say that I "don't know myself yet". I apologize if that was what I communicated as that was not the context I meant.

At any rate what I actually said was I am "beginning to figure it out" in terms of what is most optimal for me with all the variables of the lifestyle. I do in fact have a good handle on my physiology and how my body responds to various variables BUT with how the body constantly changes it would be a bit unwise for me to believe I have myself "figured out" and not constantly be a student of my own body. That is more or less where I was coming from.

Yes, you can absolutely figure out quite a few variables for certain and there can be personal absolutes, to which again I certainly have found a lot of those out, but I am always learning and seeing how I can make myself the most optimal.

Which is a big reason why I have a coach too because I don't always trust myself to interpret my own body correctly.

Couple things here.

1. I specifically said I do online coaching and personal training - that is quite different from prepping people for physique based competitions. Coaching is far more then having some get leaner of grow muscle tissue. There is an enormous coaching and online training market out there beyond the tiny niche of competitive physique competition and one that does not require a coach or trainer to know all of the intricacies of prepping for a physique competition.

2. I will not coach or prep someone to a Bodybuilding stage until I myself have competed.

3. You stated in a post above that "it looks like you have it figured out." To which I took as a general phrase in terms of how I approach bodybuilding and the lifestyle. I did not in anyway say that I "don't know myself yet". I apologize if that was what I communicated as that was not the context I meant.

At any rate what I actually said was I am "beginning to figure it out" in terms of what is most optimal for me with all the variables of the lifestyle. I do in fact have a good handle on my physiology and how my body responds to various variables BUT with how the body constantly changes it would be a bit unwise for me to believe I have myself "figured out" and not constantly be a student of my own body. That is more or less where I was coming from.

Yes, you can absolutely figure out quite a few variables for certain and there can be personal absolutes, to which again I certainly have found a lot of those out, but I am always learning and seeing how I can make myself the most optimal.

Which is a big reason why I have a coach too because I don't always trust myself to interpret my own body correctly.

1.) Curious, if you are not building muscle and getting leaner, what exactly are you being a personal trainer for?

2.) Being in a show does not make you a good prep coach.

3.) I know my own body and can prep myself. How can you tell others until you know that for all kinds of training? Is your online training for something else then getting people leaner and building muscle?

4.) Too many people doing online coaching are not qualified. What exactly are your credentials?

Will be watching this thread Cole. Keep doing what you have planned out, and keep us updated. Ain't nothing holding you back from getting a great physique.

1.) Curious, if you are not building muscle and getting leaner, what exactly are you being a personal trainer for?

2.) Being in a show does not make you a good prep coach.

3.) I know my own body and can prep myself. How can you tell others until you know that for all kinds of training? Is your online training for something else then getting people leaner and building muscle?

4.) Too many people doing online coaching are not qualified. What exactly are your credentials?

1. My aim as a personal trainer is to help people enhance and optimize their life by of the physical and emotional benefits proper exercise and nutrition provide. I have received numerous benefits from others and love it and so love helping others experience the same thing. Yes absolutely that includes helping build muscle and get leaner and I have done that for clients but that is ONE part of the job. It is extremely rewarding and satisfying seeing people improve their quality of life from good exercise and diet.

2. I agree completely. I only say I would rather go through a prep and compete myself because I want to experience the psychological and emotional struggles entailed with a prep before coaching someone through one. I want to be able to truly know what that feels like so when I have a competitor doing the same I can relate because I also walked that road. I just don't think I could do that unless having done it myself.

3. I don't believe a quality trainer or coach needs to be an expert of all kinds of training. Not at all. I think it better to really have a grasp on a few tried and true philosophies while always looking to further optimize those in client programming AND have a good working knowledge of a wide variety of other training philosophies so to know what is out there and being used and then seeing what is viable to use for specific clientele and whatever niche one is working in. Currently in my online training I prefer to focus on and work with two groups:

1. Folks who want lifestyle change.
2. Folks who want to lose weight or become stronger and bigger.

4. I hold a BS in exercise science & physiology and am ACSM HFS/E-CP. I am also preparing to sit for the CSCS exam this fall

Last edited:
Will be watching this thread Cole. Keep doing what you have planned out, and keep us updated. Ain't nothing holding you back from getting a great physique.

Thank you sir very much! I do not intend to stop and I will be updating very frequently.

Mechanical Emphasized chest/arms with some secondary metabolic emphasis

Weight:

Cardio # 1: 6 15s hit intervals on bike

Incline bb pause reps/flat bb/ decline bb: 4x235/6x225/10x195, 3x245/4.5x225/6x195, 2.5/4/6, 2x245/4x225/6x195, 3/4/6
Bb curl: 8x80, 8x90, 6, 8, 6, 6/12x50/12x30
Dips: 8xbwx5, 8/10x55/10x115 (assisted for drop set)
IDB press: 12x75s, 12, 9
DB alt curl: 8x45s, 8x45s, 6 12x30s/10x20s/12x10s
Vbar press down: 8stack +5lb slider, 7, 6, 12x72.5/8x62.5/8x52.5
Db flat fly: 12x45s/10x35s/10x25s, *8/8/8
Db hammer curl: 12x45s/12x30s/12x20s - 1 set of this because left bicep tendon was bothering me still
Rev grip press down: 12x57.5/12x47.5/12x37.5x2
HS incline MR: 6x60ps/6/6/5/4/5

**daily cell swell work**

Was sorta pissed getting into the gym today but I really couldn't tell you why. Just a little irritable BUT that quickly left once I got into the swing of it.

I cannot wait to get out of this gym though. Because I do a lot of medical exercise therapy at our facility we have a lot of older folks. While that is not a bad thing per se there is simply just a ton of them who have 0 gym etiquette.

Case in point I set my 1 gallon jug of my intra workout down on a flat bench, I walk roughly 5 feet away to set up an incline bench I needed too as I was doing the mechanical giant set.

Before I can even make it to the incline bench a lady comes takes the bar off the flat bench and walks away with it and smiles at me as she does. The best part is she saw me place my bottle down as the area of the gym we were in was quite small.

Wasn't really a big deal. I have never even spoken to her before so it was odd but who knows. You just don't see a bottle on a bench and go ahead and take the bench or bar without asking around to see if it's in use.

Anyway I don't think I will have that problem at Warhouse next week.

If you are a serious lifter or athlete you will, probably, at some point develop some kind of knee pain. Our joints take a lot of abuse from jumping, sprinting and heavy lifting over time and if we do not properly care of them, especially our knees, we will pay for it later.

Knees always seem to manifest pain and problems first when compared to other joints of the lower body. Commonly this is a product of continuous heavy and intense training and fatigue and breakdown in technique. It can also be a product of having hips and gluteus muscles that do not fire as optimally as they should when we perform certain movements because of poor mobility.

An easy fix to SOME knee pain is to correct that last point: poor mobility through the hips and glutes. There are TONS of dynamic warm up movements one can do prior to heavy lifting movements (like squats or cleans) or explosive jumping and athletic movements that incorporate hip extension and knee flexion/extension.

If you find you have nagging knee pain then do yourself a favor and look into some such movements to do as a part of a warm up prior to training. Such movements could include:

2:1 Supine Hip Thrust
Regular Hip Thrust
Clam Shells
Banded Walks

Stop "dealing" with knee pain.

http://bachperformance.com/13-training-tips-to-relieve-knee-pain/

8/9/16 - Mechincal back/shoulders
Weight:
Cardio: none

Tbar/bb row/snatch grip rack dead: 4x4p pause reps/6x195/8x365, 4x4p pause reps/6/8x405, 4x4p pause reps/6/6-7x405, 3x4p pause reps/6/7
Read delt cable fly: 20x60s, 20x54s, 20x40s
Rope pull over:  8x67.5x2, 6x67.5, 7x67.5, 8?10x52.5/8x42.5/12x32.5
DB lateral: 8x35sx2, 8x40sx3 (might have been a touch heavy) 12x30s/12x20/12x10
Tbar row: 10x3p+20, 8, 8
DB front raise: 12x40, 10, 10
 Rear Delt DB fly: 12x30sx3, 12x20/12x15/12x10s
 Close grip pull down: 8x80, 6, 6, 10x60/8x50/10x35
Cable lateral raise machine: 12x125/12x95/12x65x2
DB shrug NOS set: 12x90s/12x80s/12x70s/12x60sx2
Seated close grip cable MR: 4x70/5/4/4/4/4x70

**daily cell swell work**

Body felt quite beat up in a good way after today. While upper body really over the last two sessions actually - I like this because it makes me feel like I am pushing it. Not that feelings are always indicative of reality but I do think my personal level of intensity has really been scaling up. Here we are 6-7 hours after training and still feel beat, even with a 40 minute nap earlier. 

I would have thought I would feel more recovered this week though since all my cardio except one session was dropped through this week BUT I very well could have been over reached and so these feelings of worn out may be a product of that. Will see has the days go on. 

Great session though as a lot of my weights went up today from last week. 

My general thoughts on clean eating vs iifym in a short vid

**broken link removed**

Some clips from today's fun

**broken link removed**

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub