over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sleep apnea

phatkid77

Kilo Klub Member
So, reading UCFREAK and phattony convo got me thinking
Apparently I'm a noisey fucker sleeping and wake myself up in the middle of te nite the girlfriend says
Am usually tired. Don't sleep much
Have a 19" neck and as some recall current blood pressure struggles, which may be because of this
Booked appoint for doc. Getting blood work done as well
Need BP figured and if have apnea. No messing around there either
Bring on the gainz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worst side-effect of being a heavy person. Always tired, morning headaches, can't share room with anyone. Pretty nasty...

Apnea kills you slowly.

I just had my sleep study done last week. Stopped breathing 74 times an hour. They put a cpap on me while I was there. After less than a week of sleeping with a cpap I'm down to 6 episodes an hour.

My blood o2 would desat down to low 70's. Should be mid 90's during sleep. Apnea can lead to high bp, cardiomyopathy, mci and many more health problems. Not something to ignore.

Last edited:
74 sounds high. I'm sure I'm just a few. Who knows. But research says once is classified as apnea.
Definitely not ignoring! Head in sand about BP for couple months.. May as well get all dealt with.
However. New doc taking over for my family doc. So may be a rocky start when I want HRT scripts and such renewed
Whatever. We will see

I had apnea real bad last year. I had to sleep in a chair so I could breath right, snore louder than shit too.
Its no joke, kills your hear and trashes BP, I felt like a zombie, and my neck was 21+ inches.
Jump on that now bro.

Before i started CPAP therapy i would wake up 5-6 times a night to piss...now i can sleep a solid 7-9 hours without waking up once.

Guys stop. I'm getting a chub. Lol

Have u ever broken ur nose or deviated septum or had ongoing reoccurring sinus infections? I'm finally going in for polypectomy and septoplasty surgery . my ENT said it'll be a world of difference for breathing, snoring and over all well being

74 sounds high. I'm sure I'm just a few. Who knows. But research says once is classified as apnea.
Definitely not ignoring! Head in sand about BP for couple months.. May as well get all dealt with.
However. New doc taking over for my family doc. So may be a rocky start when I want HRT scripts and such renewed
Whatever. We will see

Also. Pharm-fed. If I may
How do u know down from 74-6? Do U go back say weekly get machine calibrated Ect
Thnx. Curious

I had it calibrated today actually. The sleep physician called to follow up and I told him I think I'm swallowing air because I wake up burping and bloated.

He turned it to auto mode so it can ramp the pressure up or down within a therapeutic range depending on how I'm breathing. It has sensors that monitor all that. He checked when he adjusted it today and told me I was down to 6. 74 is definitely pretty severe.

I am also on HRT and didn't have any problems because of that.

I've talked to a few friends including JayDub, and they say it's amazing. I've heard it will literally change your life, and you will feel so much better. I know I've got it really bad, and need to get one, as I wake up gasping for air all the time .

I had severe apnea for many years. I would invariably wake up with headaches most days and could never figure out why. When i reached my heaviest weight, 191 lbs. at 5'1 tall is when it was at it's worst. The cpap helped me sleep soundly and I lost about ten lbs. That's when I actually started to sleep through the night for the first time in my life. I've since been able to ween myself off of the cpap and am sleeping through the night on my own, but that machine can help dramatically in the short term. Good luck.

Peace,
M2M :cool:

I had sleep apnea when I was heavier (265 lbs). My girlfriend at the time told me that my arms and legs were flailing about. I never had any sleep tests done though. I was always tired during the daytime due to lack of quality sleep. I am down to 225 lbs now, and I sleep much better. I do have to keep my eye on my BP through.

Same deal had issues falling asleep during the day, feeling tired all the time, waking up multiple times a night. Had the sleep study and obviously had many episodes throughout the night and my oxygen dropped into the 60's. With cpap I sleep 8 hours, wake up feeling refreshed and I'm not as sore as long from training. I won't sleep without it now

Can't use my cpap. Never got used to it, made it harder to sleep. Tried different types of masks. I'd pull it off in sleep too. Also had deviated septum repair. None of it has really stopped it. I use breathe rite advanced nightly and it helps some. The cpap was just too much for a side sleeper only who flops back and forth all night. FML.

CPAP has been a life changer for me. Ive had studies done at both 235 and 285 lbs and both fell in the severe range. Even at 235 my neck is still over 18 so I think it's more the anatomy and musculature of the neck from lifting and being muscled rather than just bodyweight.

I use the nasal canulas/pillows with a chin strap so I dont open my mouth. This may be a good option for those who have a difficult time with the full mask.

BTW, my hematocrit stays much, much closer to normal that before I started using the CPAP. As others have said, before CPAP my oxygen saturation was in the 70's

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131