YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Can you be a bodybuilder and only lift 3x a week?

nfernoo

Banned
I was just wondering with school and work, if this was possible.
As in, work out twice per day for 3 days

Yes.
-JS

Ofcourse you can...why not? Nothing is set in stone when it comes to BBing

Seriously? Of course.

I had a similar question, can you be a bodybuilder while doing 3 day full body workouts ?

I had a similar question, can you be a bodybuilder while doing 3 day full body workouts ?

3 times a week absolutely, full body workouts mehhhh I don't think so only because I feel your not going to get adequate blood flow or nutrients to te legs or vice versa I'd pick one day and just do legs and the others push/pull

I made my best gains ever training body parts once per week over 3 days. Much more rest and total recuperation makes for far better gains. I wouldn't even consider twice per day.

3 times a week absolutely, full body workouts mehhhh I don't think so only because I feel your not going to get adequate blood flow or nutrients to te legs or vice versa I'd pick one day and just do legs and the others push/pull

so really no way huh, im doing six lifts, squat, deadlift, barbell bench press ,dumbbell shoulder press, barbell curls, close grip bench press and thought maybe doing that 3 times week, 4 sets pyramid for each would be enough ,dam that sucks

Yes, I did it... DC 2-way working with Scott Stevenson..

Yes, I did it... DC 2-way working with Scott Stevenson..

X10 to this... my best gains were done using dantes formula. As a matter of fact now that im 100percent from surgery im back at it.. just remember to take your cruise time seriously and dont think youre invincible and skip out.

No there's a way bro. All I'm saying is I would personally stay away from full body workouts that big A's growth for beginners had you working out only 3 times a week check that article out.

I gotta bring up Dexter Jackson again since he claimed he only trained 3 days per week on a 3 day split when first turning pro.

Not me, its' just not enough stimulation for me to make gains.

Q brings up a good point. I think it depends on where you are at in your timeline of bb'ing experience.
but I think most people could make gains on a routine like that. atleast maintain I would think... the days off for rest sound nice. I just overtrain VERY easy so I prob couldn't go to gym 2x a day for weights. best for me to go lil more often but for not as long. get outta there and EAT:)
-JS

3xs a week

I say try it for yourself and let us know how it worked for you. It works well for me untill I reach a certain point or plateau. Then i need more to grow.

so really no way huh, im doing six lifts, squat, deadlift, barbell bench press ,dumbbell shoulder press, barbell curls, close grip bench press and thought maybe doing that 3 times week, 4 sets pyramid for each would be enough ,dam that sucks

my theory was by doing the above it would give me 12 sets per bodypart weekly and I concentrate on the best compound movements per bodypart ,but if it cant be done looks like I might have to change things up a bit

No there's a way bro. All I'm saying is I would personally stay away from full body workouts that big A's growth for beginners had you working out only 3 times a week check that article out.

yes bro ive read big a growth principles, very good read, but I thought my 3 day full body would be better than the 3 day split routine cause I would hit my bodyparts 3 times a week as to just once a week with growth principles workout ,very confusing but no one said bodybuilding was easy lol, maybe its not the days that count, but the stimulation you get out of the split routines idk :confused:

Last edited:
[lang=es]not me, I need as a minimum 4 workouts per week, and I do not like the full body workout ....:eek:[/lang]

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear