advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is exercise really effective against many diseases?

Alliance Raws-Zoe

Registered
Many researches will always tell you how important exercise is to your health, not only to help fight heart disease, stroke, diabetes, but also many cancers (breast and colon cancer); but recently, one published in the international journal New England Journal in a study on the Medicine, the researchers found that a more important preventive factor for the broader cancer population was a body mass index (BMI) of less than 25.

BMI is an index for measuring body fat. A comprehensive analysis of an individual's height and weight can be used to derive a person's BMI. A lower BMI means less body fat. The study reports that if the individual is overweight (BMI) Located between 25-29.9), its health risk will increase by 50%; if it is obese (BMI is not less than 30), the individual's health risk will increase to 80%.

In a study published in The Lancet Oncology, the researchers point out that a higher BMI is directly related to the incidence of 4% of cancer patients. Therefore, there is no doubt that a person can reduce the body's BMI index through diet and exercise. In addition to reducing calorie intake, in order to successfully lose weight, at least 30 minutes of moderate physical exercise must be performed every day (most of the week). Exercise 60-90 minutes a day can help the body lose weight effectively.

It is best not to stop once you exercise. Other studies have shown that the more a person is involved in exercise, the lower the risk of other diseases.
In fact, individuals who are several times more active than the recommended minimum will have a significantly lower risk of developing multiple diseases. Of course, it is very difficult for ordinary people to spend a few hours a day to exercise, unless they use a treadmill at work. So trying to do 3-5 minutes of exercise in a leisure time or find more on weekends are very important to maintain good health.

Through the researches we can know that exercise is really effective against many diseases, but we can't exercise blindly. How to maintain a good MBI should be our ultimate goal.

So do you guys insist doing exercise everyday? And what the BMI do you stay?

My BMI is 35 and I don't exercise. I just take steroids for the erections.

BMI

BMI being used in that study is great for the average population. When you start talking about bodybuilders then it is much harder to draw a parallel. Most bodybuilders according to BMI are severely overweight or obese. This is because of how BMI is calculated on just height and weight.

It could be that the BMI is positively correlated with resistance to cancer, but I think the study would have to be run on the bodybuilding population. Are these health benefits due to being lean and low bodyweight, or is it mainly just being lean? Fitness surely plays a factor too. Again though, is that mainly cardiovascular fitness or muscular? Would an endurance athlete like a professional cyclist resist cancer more than a bodybuilder that is big and lean?

BMI means shit, they are not measuring body fat or muscle size.

But obviously, more muscle and less fat is healthier, low level of blood sugar and a calorie consumption in deficit.

BMI means shit, they are not measuring body fat or muscle size.

But obviously, more muscle and less fat is healthier, low level of blood sugar and a calorie consumption in deficit.

I think too though that there are diminishing returns for how much muscle someone carries. In fact, I think it might very well be more healthy longevity wise to be of natural muscle size and of the model BMI size. Be real lean but not so heavy that the BMI is overweight. That is probably the best scenario. So for someone like me that is 6 foot, I would need to be no more than about 180 lbs.

When you look at people that live to a ripe old age you see that most of them are small people. Animals are this way. Little dogs like chihuahuas live to be much older than big dogs like shepherds.

https://www.petcarerx.com/article/lifespan-of-a-dog-a-dog-years-chart-by-breed/1223 Great Danes listed at 7 to 10 years.

How many 250 lbs men do you see walking around at age 80?

Last edited:
How many 250 lbs men do you see walking around at age 80?

You lose the point, as long as you are natural or in heathy drug uses, you must fight to maintain the maximum muscle mass and the minimum accumulation of fat. Quiet, you will not weigh too much because as you get older, nature goes against you.

Carrying a lot of muscle has to make your heart work harder. The studies I have seen show intense excersise lowers the blood markers for a healthy immune system. Moderate excersise /activity seems to be benificial. Most 100 year old people do not talk of hard work mostly moderation in all areas.

I did 87 pushups this afternoon as a warm up prior to hitting chest today :D

Obviously, it is much more difficult to prove causation than it is to prove an association, interesting enough tho.

Association Between Push-up Exercise Capacity and Future Cardiovascular Events Among Active Adult Men

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2724778

BMI is meaningless for anyone carrying an above average amount of muscle. Not a fan of this metric.

I love observational studies that look for some mild association so they can fund more research to really find out the answers. If avg people don`t exercise, guess what, they are likely to have a much higher BMI! Researches love to play semantics.

I love observational studies that look for some mild association so they can fund more research to really find out the answers. If avg people don`t exercise, guess what, they are likely to have a much higher BMI! Researches love to play semantics.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. So much in life is just common sense. Taking something really simple and making it complex. Might compare it to calling a trashman a sanitary engineer.

Last edited:
You lose the point, as long as you are natural or in heathy drug uses, you must fight to maintain the maximum muscle mass and the minimum accumulation of fat. Quiet, you will not weigh too much because as you get older, nature goes against you.

Bingo

I find it funny when people talk about the problems of being massive in muscle size. That's not going to happen unless you are a genetic rarity, and it certainly will not happen as you go past 40. If you weigh 250 pounds with low BF, you are not an elder or natty, and certainly are not interested in longevity.

Stop saying nonsense and put every ounce of effort into training hard, eat clean and try to have the maximum muscle possible.

I find it funny when people talk about the problems of being massive in muscle size. That's not going to happen unless you are a genetic rarity, and it certainly will not happen as you go past 40. If you weigh 250 pounds with low BF, you are not an elder or natty, and certainly are not interested in longevity.

Stop saying nonsense and put every ounce of effort into training hard, eat clean and try to have the maximum muscle possible.

I agree, if you are natural then no issues but if you are enhanced and carrying 50 plus pounds over what your body is supposed to carry then that is unhealthy even if it does happen to be muscle.

It's more down to genetics than anything else, unless you're being grossly irresponsible with your health.

Many people know that someone who smoked a pack a day and drank whisky for breakfast, yet lived to 90. Pure, dumb luck for the most part.

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner