over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dude at the Combine with 1.9% body fat

Samson250

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
“Metcalf, who is 6-foot-3, 228 pounds, performed the 40-yard dash in 4.33 seconds, third best at the combine. He bench pressed 225 pounds 27 times, tied for the most by a quarterback”

https://apple.news/AmTVCuO6TS5iaCo2515CSKg

You’d almost think people making tests and reporting stats would know something about sports and performance lol

"NFL.com’s Ian Rapaport had reported that Metcalf had been measured as having an unbelievable 1.6 percent body fat at the combine, but Metcalf corrected those reports Friday, saying it was in fact 1.9 percent"

:D

I've learned a lot of lessons in life and one of them is to question the veracity of everything. It would be interesting to know the methodology used to obtain his BF% as this is one piece of data would, for all intents and purpose, either corroborate or negate the aforementioned claim.

Anyone ever trained at a facility where the NFL combine was simultaneously being held? That was a looooong time ago but I still remember it like it was yesterday. It was so F'n cool!!!!

Back to the subject of 1.9% BF. Is is possible? Perhaps. The only way to convince a skeptical academician is to test the subject's BF % via multiple DEXA scans, air displacement plethysmography, and hydrostatic submersion. The other methods for testing BF% are too susceptible to erroneous readings and inter-observer variability.

Guys on TV ALWAYS understate bodyfat for football players I have noticed. They once tried to say Cardale Jones was 6% bodyfat at Ohio State when he looked a little pudgy. Also used to claim Tebow had some crazy low bodyfat too, which he isn't. I question where they pull these numbers from.

An exaggeration. Its like when they say a guy power cleans 550. The guy is a freak though. Thats him in the picture. 6 foot 3. 230 and ran a 4.33.

Attachments

• DzJz7yoXgAAj7cZ.jpg
    DzJz7yoXgAAj7cZ.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 682
"NFL.com’s Ian Rapaport had reported that Metcalf had been measured as having an unbelievable 1.6 percent body fat at the combine, but Metcalf corrected those reports Friday, saying it was in fact 1.9 percent"

:D

I'm not buying 1.6 or 1.9% at all. Especially after viewing pics of the guy, no way!

them dudes look like the cats that "beat up"
jussie smollett.

Lmao they used manual body fat calibers so he MAY be under 2% body fat in a spot but he's certainly not 1.9% dexm. Source: collegiate wrestler.

They used to say Michael Jordan was sub 2% lol obviously they have no clue what they are talking about. I remember one of my biology teachers telling us the reports were fake, no one would survive at that bodyfat. Looks more like sub 10%. Probably 7-8% at most.

I have 2% body fat on my penis. Does that count?

Whenever some mentions they used calipers to determine bodyfat I just laugh.

Sure......I'm .008% BF

I heard that, and laughed. It's like my old fat room mate from college once told us he was 2% bf.....we laughed so hard at his fat ass.

There is no one walking around at 1-2% bf that isn’t fucked up or sick or dead lol at least not for very long. That guy might be 7-9% lol most of you know better. Munzer...was 3-4% this guy has more body fat than munzer had in a fingertip lol

Subcutaneous with calipers MAYBE. But by looking at his pics, I’m even skeptical of that. I remember during Ronnie’s reign that he would claim less than a percent while on stage. Which I guess is possible with calipers when you’re Ronnie and you’re competition lean and dry. Total body fat though there’s no fucking way. Your organs would begin to fail.

An exaggeration. Its like when they say a guy power cleans 550. The guy is a freak though. Thats him in the picture. 6 foot 3. 230 and ran a 4.33.

Dang, he looks like he weighs more than 230 lbs to be that tall and that size. He is lean to be sure but of course not that lean. He would make an insane bodybuilder I bet!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear