YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many of you train with your (life) partner?

hawkmoon

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hi all, this has probably been asked before, but I'm curious as to the current state with the continuing rise in popularity of resistance training.

When I met my wife she was very fit but only trained now and then. Now we compete at the same shows, supporting each other all the way.

I know not everyone can - or even wants to - do this but how many do?

Attachments

• cmtphysiques.jpg
    cmtphysiques.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 311
My wife trains with me a couple days a week. She's a shoulder training junkie and I hate training shoulders so she keeps me from slacking in that department.

Do you actually do the same lifts together? Changing the weights alone would be too much to do. I am going to guess that you are in the gym together but do your own thing? I did that a long time ago with my wife and I liked it.

We used to all the time when she was my girlfriend and it was great...now that she’s my wife she’d rather just argue and complain about dumb shit while training so I just leave her at home

We used to all the time when she was my girlfriend and it was great...now that she’s my wife she’d rather just argue and complain about dumb shit while training so I just leave her at home

Lmao I actually laughed at this.. Not laughing at you, it was just funny..

As for the subject, if you’re both really into it then I can see where it’s a good thing but I’ve never had a girl who was into it and so it was usually like Goody’s situation which annoys me and slows down my workout. I don’t have the patience to be stopping and teaching, I’m more of a “keep up with me or do your own thing or stay at home” kinda guy... Then again, I’m also single lol :eek: but I don’t hate it...

Do you actually do the same lifts together? Changing the weights alone would be too much to do. I am going to guess that you are in the gym together but do your own thing? I did that a long time ago with my wife and I liked it.
We actually follow almost the same routine but train independently, though I do guide her now and then.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well honestly.. I want no part of it lol... when I owned my gyms shed workout in the morning... I'd workout in the evening.. i dont have training partners cause I never know what I'm going to do training wise.. now I do train my wife every now and then when she wants to do new movements.. but her workouts are quick with little rest.. I take naps in between sets..lol

Used to train with the wifey every now and then, but Im more content training alone with my iPod. I don't have time to wait for her, friends, etc. I just want to get in and out as quick as possible. Usually done with most body parts in 45mins. Legs 1hr.

i would like to

i have hard time goin to the gym anymore. would love for her to go with me so be lil easier for me to get motivated to go. I am soooo bored at the gym. be nice to have some company.
i cant get her to go tho. :(
she's up 35lbs since we got married 10 years ago. i am exact same weight. not same proportions or bodyfat % prob but if i gained 35lbs of fat i would hang myself or get my ass in the gym:eek:
shes just not motivated.
-F

i have hard time goin to the gym anymore. would love for her to go with me so be lil easier for me to get motivated to go. I am soooo bored at the gym. be nice to have some company.
i cant get her to go tho. :(
she's up 35lbs since we got married 10 years ago. i am exact same weight. not same proportions or bodyfat % prob but if i gained 35lbs of fat i would hang myself or get my ass in the gym:eek:
shes just not motivated.
-F

politely talk to her and let her know it bothers you!! just take it easy though.

My wife and I work out together every day, unless I am out of town. We have a good system down and we help trade the plates.

Of course we are not each other's first spouses. My first wife did not go to the gym (or fishing with me) and that is how I wanted it back then.

I learned from my mistakes, and this wife and I enjoy doing everything together, other than the occasional wedding or baby shower or paint n sip, or nail party.

My wife and I follow the same routine, sometimes she will do a different exercise for a part but mostly we train together. The weights thing is annoying so using pin machines helps since its easy to adjust tension.

You know, when I train alone I prefer to be by myself.

You know, when I train alone I prefer to be by myself.
Lol well if you train alone you are by yourself

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We still train together sometimes. We did show's together for years and years, but since retired from that lifestyle.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws