over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sauces and Dressings

Pharm_Fed

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Here are a variety of healthy sauces I make. I've had a few people ask so here are the most common. I'll update if need be.

Homemade Mayo
3 egg yolks
2 lemon juice
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp vinegar
3/4 cup oil
pinch salt

Super easy, add everything except the oil to a blender and blend on high for about 10 seconds. Turn speed down to about 8 and slowly pout the oil in so it forms an emulsion. The key is to pour the oil slowly, too fast and the emulsion brakes and then you just have a cup of eggy oil.

Sriracha
1.5 lbs fresh jalapeños (red ones)
8 cloves garlic
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp tomato paste
3 tbsp raw honey
2 tbsp fish sauce (I use Red Boat, it's the best one)
1.5 tsp salt

Remove stems and seeds from pepper.

Put everything in blender and blend until smooth.

Put mixture into a saucepan and bring to a boil. The froth will cook off, don't worry. When you reach a boil, turn heat down and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Once the froth is gone it should be a great red color and no longer have a raw veggie smell. Adjust for salt as needed.

Sriracha Mayo
3:1 Ratio
3 parts mayo:1 part sriracha

Stir to combine, tablespoons, teaspoons, whatever, just keep it 3:1

Lemon Honey Sauce
1/2 cup chicken broth
zest from 1 lemon
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 tsp coconut aminos (taste like soy sauce)
1/2 tsp grated ginger
1 tbsp arrowroot powder dissolved in 1.5 tbsp water (can also use tapioca starch, potato starch, corn starch, etc)

Put everything except the arrowroot slurry in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and let cool for a min or two. Add arrowroot slurry while sauce is still hot but not boiling. Goes great on veggies.

Honey Mustard Dressing
3 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tbsp EVOO
2 tbsp raw honey
2 tsp Dijon Mustard
S&P to taste

Mix everything together in a bowl until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste

Citrus Vinaigrette
1/2 cup EVOO
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp orange juice
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
S&P to taste

Again, just mix everything together in a bowl until combined and add salt and pepper to taste.

Ranch
1/2 cup Mayo
1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp chopped italian parsley
1 tbsp chopped chives
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp dried dill, or 1 tsp fresh dill
1/2 garlic clove, chopped
salt & pepper

Stir everything together in a bowl until smooth, you can refrigerate it to thicken it up a bit.

Cajun Rémoulade
1 cup mayo
2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
2 tsp chopped capers
1.5 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp ancho chili powder

Stir everything together until smooth and well mixed.

Vinegar BBQ Sauce
1 gallon apple cider vinegar
12-16 ounces fresh jalapenos
1 tbsp whole black peppercorns
1 tbsp hot crushed red pepper
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
6 ounces salt (kosher, sea salt, etc)

Remove seeds and stems from peppers.

Combine everything except salt and vinegar in blender. Add just enough vinegar to cover and blend until smooth.

Pour salt into ACV jug, then add contents from blender. Shake to mix.

Tomato-Based BBQ Sauce
1/3 cup tomato paste
2 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp hot sauce
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp tamari
1/2 tsp mustard
2 tbsp water
1/4 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp paprika

In one bowl mix all dry spices, in another bowl mix all wet ingredients. Then slowly add the spices to the wet mixture while stirring to incorporate. Stir until well mixed.

Steak Diane Sauce
2 tbsp butter
1 shallot finely chopped
3 cloves garlic chopped
1/4 cup brandy/bourbon/sherry
1/2 cup beef broth
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp tomato paste
Just a bit of heavy cream, or full fat coconut cream if dairy free

Heat the butter on med-high heat for about 90 seconds, just to get it warmed up and spread around.

Put shallot in pan and cook for a minute or so. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Don't burn the garlic, it cooks quickly.

Deglaze the pan with the brandy, bourbon, sherry, madeira wine, or similar. Let the alcohol cook down until it's like a glaze.

Add the beef broth, tomato paste, mustard and Worcestershire sauce and stir to combine. Let this cook down until a wooden spoon dragged across the pan leaves a trail that takes a second or two to fill.

Turn down the heat until the boiling subsides and add just enough cream to get the color where you want it. Should be like the color of coffee with cream added. Don't let it boil again or the sauce may break.

Typically this is a pan sauce made after searing a meat, but it can be made alone as well.

I love you! I would hire you... I seriously think you should look into something culinary related with your skills.

Pharm, thanks brotha! Always looking to spice up our everyday mundane chicken. I bet you can dip the most boring chicken into anyone of those given sauces and it would taste great! LoL

-Baseline

yummy! i wanna try them all. thanx bro!

Dude get with John Meadows and have a section dedicated to food cooking/prepare. You'll get paid and John will have another awesome section added to his site.

Thanks list looks great. I tried the mayo and I am either pouring the oil in too fast or I need a new blender because it did not come out looking like mayo!

I love you! I would hire you... I seriously think you should look into something culinary related with your skills.

Thanks so much brother. That's quite a compliment. While I am pursuing a career change I think I want food/cooking to remain a hobby. My current job was originally a passion/hobby and so I followed the sage advice to make that a job so you 'never work a day in your life'. lol. All that did was turn something I love into work and now I don't love it anymore. I don't want that to happen with food ;)

yummy! i wanna try them all. thanx bro!

You're welcome my friend. And since there was a misunderstanding in the other thread I am updating this one with a Caesar recipe, just for you :)

Dude get with John Meadows and have a section dedicated to food cooking/prepare. You'll get paid and John will have another awesome section added to his site.

That's a great idea bro. And at some point I might approach John about that. Right now I have more going on at one time in my personal life that I ever have thought so don't want to add that to my plate just yet. Thanks for the suggestion though, it's a great one!

Thanks list looks great. I tried the mayo and I am either pouring the oil in too fast or I need a new blender because it did not come out looking like mayo!

When I say slowly pour the oil, I mean so slowly that if it were any slower it wouldn't be coming out. The oil should be so thin that it's only about the diameter of a thin piece of string. Just a little bigger than sewing thread if that gives you an idea. If not you will get what you probably got, which is just eggy-oil soup.

The good news though is this though. Don't throw away that bad batch. Start over and make a new batch of mayo. If the second batch works and stay emulsified, you can add the first batch to it. You just have to pour it in very slowly just like you did with the oil. I have had success doing that when the emulsion breaks. That way you don't waste anything, you just end up with twice as much as you want. lol. But you can never have to much mayo, amiright? :)

Good lawd those look good.:eek::love:

Glad you think so.

I would love feedback from you guys. Anyone who makes any of these please report and tell me if you like it, or if it needs something, of has too much of something, whatever.

Caesar Dressing

2oz can Anchovy Fillets (packed in olive oil)
1-2 garlic cloves
3 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp + 1/2 cup light tasting olive oil, separated
2 egg yolks

Put Anchovy fillets, garlic, lemon juice, dijon mustard egg yolks and the 2tbsp of olive oil in a blender and blend on high for about 10 seconds. Then slowly pour in the remaining 1/2 cup olive oil. This has to emulsify just like the mayo so again, pour the oil very slowly, just a drizzle. The anchovies will be fairly salty but add salt if you like, and I will sometimes add cracked pepper to the dressing. Something I just end up doing fresh cracked pepper over the salad after it's dressed though. Your choice.

*edit* I've also heard of people making the mayo, caesar, aioli, etc type of emulsified sauces in a food processor instead of a blender. I have never personally tried that, but it may work better for some. Just a heads up.

Last edited:
That is awesome. Will try these out. I love sauce on food and these are exactly what I need. Thank u

Here is another good one.

Asian Citrus Dressing

1 TBSP fat of your choice (butter, ghee, coconut oil, lard, etc)
1 TBSP minced ginger
1 shallot minced
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
Juice of 2 oranges (about 1/3 cup)
3 TBSP soy sauce (I use coconut aminos which taste the same but is soy free)
1.5 TBSP rice vinegar
1/2 Fish sauce
1 tsp sesame oil

Heat up your fat in a saucepan. When hot add the ginger, garlic and shallot. Sautee for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.

Combine orange juice, soy sauce, vinegar, and fish sauce and pour into saucepan. bring everything to a boil. Then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 7-8 minutes to reduce and thicken the sauce a little bit.

Turn off heat and add sesame oil. Stir to combine.

Only about:
16g carbs
19g fat

I tried the honey mustard as well and it does kick ass. I needed a change up and that was perfect. Thank you for the recipes, in a few weeks I will of tried them all. But not until I get sick of the honey mustard

Great job on the post, I will be trying some of these with my next meal prep. Thank you

This is excellent! Thanks for all the recipes. It's always tough flavoring some of the meals I eat. I consider myself a good cook, but when I'm real serious about my diet, I tend to forget about the flavor..

Thanks again!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner