over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

looking for salmon recipes

kcs

Registered
anyone have any recipes for salmon? most of the time i pan sear em with a little salt and pepper. just looking for other ideas.

anyone have any recipes for salmon? most of the time i pan sear em with a little salt and pepper. just looking for other ideas.

Low-sodium teriyaki sauce
2 salmon fillets
Sesame seeds
2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
4 scallions, chopped
olive oil

Add 5 tablespoons teriyaki sauce and fish in a zip-top plastic bag and marinate for 30 minutes. Fry sesame seeds in a large pan over medium heat and set aside. Drain salmon, discarding marinade. Add salmon to frying pan, and cook 5 minutes. Turn and cook for 5 more minutes over medium-low heat. Remove from pan. Add the zucchini, scallions, and 2 teaspoons oil to pan, Sauté 4 minutes, or until lightly browned. Stir in 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, and serve with salmon

I like getting the sushi guy at publix or HT to cut me some sashimi pieces and have them as one of my last meals of the day- no cooking required, no carbs perfect food IMO.

I like getting the sushi guy at publix or HT to cut me some sashimi pieces and have them as one of my last meals of the day- no cooking required, no carbs perfect food IMO.
That's a fucking brilliant idea!

thanks guys for the info. teriyaki sounds good on the salomon. and sushi i love it but where but i live they don't have any sushi. sucks. i can get whole salmon from my store for 60 bucks. i also thought about getting whole tuna but it would cost a grand for 60 lbs.

Not a recipie but a source thing.

I never really enjoyed salmon until my friend got wild caught salmon from Alaska overnighted to him. He cooked it on the grill at work. I think it was just lemon pepper.

But it was from a source like on those crab fishing shows. They take the crabs to the processing plants, process it and ship it right out or freeze it. He got it from one of them.

It make me go from being "meh" about salmon to absolutely loving it. It was so amazing. I've ordered salmon out at restaurants since then, and it was good, but it was no comparision to the fresh stuff.

That sushi idea sounds great too.

Last edited:
This isn't a recipe either but I recently discovered grilling planks. It's a wood board you can use in the oven or on your grill to give your meat a smoke flavor. I ordered some and hopefully be here soon to try it out. I had wood fired tilapia at Red lobster and made me try to figure out how they did it. It was very good. Not 100% sure how they do it but this board sounds like it might work

ya the salmon is usually put on cedar planks and cooked on the grill. when i had a smoker i would smoke my salmon with mesquite. i really like the flavor of that. hickory is good but mesquite has an earthier flavor.
This isn't a recipe either but I recently discovered grilling planks. It's a wood board you can use in the oven or on your grill to give your meat a smoke flavor. I ordered some and hopefully be here soon to try it out. I had wood fired tilapia at Red lobster and made me try to figure out how they did it. It was very good. Not 100% sure how they do it but this board sounds like it might work

This seasoning is really incredible. I haven't found a better way to cook salmon since I discovered it a decade ago.
**broken link removed**

scotte im gonna have to try that. thanks. swoldierboy thanks also i am gonna make that before i get called out to work.

I've never seen that seasoning before. Where did you get it? I like to make a lemony dill sauce with a little evoo and a splash of cream. Top it with capers. mmm

soy sauce
minced garlic
crushed red pepper
cumin powder
honey
olive oil

put fillets in ziploc with marinade for about 1-2 hrs

yum

Last edited:
This seasoning is really incredible. I haven't found a better way to cook salmon since I discovered it a decade ago.
**broken link removed**

Do you use anything else besides that seasoning?

I eat salmon every day for lunch at work. I sprinkle the Grill Mates "Applewood Rub" on top. Wrap it in tin foil and bake it in my toaster over at 375 deg for like 35 minutes.

Attachments

• IMG_0027.JPG
    IMG_0027.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 122
The wild red salmon is the best...

Salmon
Cajun Seasoning
Minced garlic
Sea salt
Olive oil lemon juice

Works on skillet, grill or oven.

* If oven or grill, use foil

Coat salmon with seasonings and olive oil, add lemon juice near the last few minutes of cooking.

Goes excellent with wild rice and asparagus.

Best is either steaming or on foil grilled. Season with olive oil, lemon juice salt and pepper.

reading over this thread i started to think about sushi . I generally don like it but some is ok . heres a recipe i found for a scattered sushi . think im going to give it a try today . Looks very simple to make

Recipe: Smoked salmon and cucumber chirashizushi
Japanese Cooking 101, Lesson 2 Bonus: Sushi Rice (Shari) plus Smoked Salmon and Cucumber Chirashizushi | Just Hungry

Sushi-zu (sushi vinegar) mix recipe:
For the amount of rice we cooked in the first part (360cc, or 2 rice-cooker cups, or 1 3/4 U.S. cups) we will need:

3 tablespoons rice vinegar (45cc) (1 1/2 tablespoons per cup)
1 tablespoon fine sugar (1/2 tablespoon per cup) (I used sucanat; white granulated or superfine sugar is fine) Ill let out the sugar
up to 1 teaspoon finely ground salt (1/2 teaspoon or less per cup) (I used sea salt)

Chirashizushi (ちらし寿司) means ‘scattered sushi’, and is the easiest kind of sushi to make. This version uses two ingredients that anyone should be able to get - smoked salmon, and cucumber. Since the smoked salmon is ‘cooked’ so to speak, this sushi is great for bentos.

Ingredients:

Cooked rice as per Lesson 2 (about 660g of rice - enough for 3-4 servings)
3 tablespoons (45cc) rice vinegar
1 tablespoon superfine or granulated sugar, or sucanat
1/2 teaspoon salt (less than the usual amount since the salmon and cucumber are salty)
1/2 English cucumber
150g / 5 1/4 oz smoked salmon
Cook the rice as per the instructions. While it’s cooking, prepare the vinegar mix by combinting the vinegar, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Set aside.

Slice the cucumber lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Slice very thinly, and sprinkle with a little more salt (not listed). Massage the salt and the cucumber with your hands, and squeeze the cucumber tightly to remove excess water. Set aside.

Slice the smoked salmon into thin slivers. Set aside.

When the rice has finished cooking, while it’s very hot empty it out into a bowl. Working rapidly, mix in the vinegar mix as per the detailed instructions above.

Once the rice is mixed, fold the cucumber and salmon in gently, leaving a few pieces to decorate the top.

Serve on a plate, in a bowl or in a bento box.

Bobby Flay Miso-Ginger Marinated Salmon

1/4 cup white miso (fermented soybean paste)
1/4 cup mirin
2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
2 to 3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons minced green onions
1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
4 salmon fillets, 8 ounces each
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Yuzu juice, for drizzling, optional

Whisk together the miso, mirin, vinegar, soy sauce, green onions, ginger, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Place the salmon in a baking dish, pour the marinade over, and turn to coat. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.

Heat grill to high. Remove the fish from the marinade and season with salt and pepper. Grill the salmon, skin side down, with the cover closed, until golden brown and a crust has formed, about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the salmon over and continue grilling for 3 to 4 minutes for medium doneness. Drizzle with a little yuzu juice, if desired, and serve.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws