advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Low Carbers - What do YOU do to flavor your grilled chicken??

cbr600rr

Registered
I can't find anything to make me enjoy eating grilled chicken, so I still just bite, chew, and swig water to wash it down lol.

Any of you guys have some good recipes/marinades/flavoring tips for grilled chicken?

salt pepper and garlic powder.

I can't find anything to make me enjoy eating grilled chicken, so I still just bite, chew, and swig water to wash it down lol.

Any of you guys have some good recipes/marinades/flavoring tips for grilled chicken?

I've done almost everything you can imagine. I have found one key component is the quality of the chicken you are starting with. The $2/lb Tyson chicken from Costco just doesn't cut it for me anymore....I can't get it down. Also I've found baking to be the easiest way to make consistently decent chicken.

Layout breasts on baking sheet with foil. Salt and pepper. Bake for around 30 min at 400 degrees depending on your oven. Let cool. Then here's the step that makes meals convenient..... Once it's cool, I rinse it, tearing it into smaller pieces while removing any skin, connective tissue etc. weigh portions, toss in Tupperware with green beans or broccolli and flavor with Dans prime hot sauce when your ready to eat. Piece of cake!

The wife makes me a parmisean cheese breaded chicken that I really enjoy.

2 tbsp of olive oil, mashed or puréed fresh garlic, salt and pepper. I make all my meats with the same same seasoning. Can even marinade with it

If it's dry that means you're over cooking it. I personally only add S&P most of the time and pan fry it with a couple tablespoons of grape seed oil. I cook it on med-high so that the outside gets "crunchy." Also, never put any thing into the pan until the pan is completely hot...makes a huge diff. Sears the outside of the meat sealing in it's juices. Same thing applies to grilling need a hot/searing side and a med heat cooking side.

Buffalo Sauce

It's high in sodium so I wouldnt do it pre-contest but it has no fat, carbs, or cals.

You can use or mix and match, Cajun, 5 spice, garam masala, coriander, turmeric, garlic, black pepper and curry powder.

Last edited:
Take 5-6 Chicken breast put in a crock pot for 8hrs on low. Put just enough water to cover them and season. I cook over night and in the am pull it out of the water and it shreds like pulled chicken. Shred it up I add a few tbsp of bbq or what ever sauce your diet allows and mix it. Take a few spoon fulls of the broth in the crock pot and spread over to keep it moist. Easiest way to make chicken for a few days. ENJOY!

I second the Creole Seasoning w/ the link above

I always use dry rubs like the creole one and the dollar store/tree always has premade rubs so i mix and match and add different spices/rubs.

One thing that really makes the difference is putting the rub on and letting it sit for at least 24 hours

Most of my ideas have already been stated, but honestly, if I'm eating low carb, it's unlikely that I am eating chicken breast. I usually roast a whole chicken and eat it in one sitting. The fats from the chicken will usually be enough flavor for me, and the meat won't be so dry as when you cook the breasts alone. Plus, when you're eating low carb, you need the fats, right?

What kind of grill are you using? Open flame? Foremans? It shouldn't be that dry that you have to wash it down. I just use salt and chipotle pepper.

I grill and use blackened seasoning. Just make sure your brand doesn't contain any sugar and your g2g.

Saute your chicken in Walden Farms salad dressings or BBQ sauce. The best is the sesame ginger dressing or you can mix the blue cheese and bbq sauce together.

**broken link removed**

ZERO- fat, carbs, sugar!! What's in them?? I don't know, but they sure are banging :headbang:

Seriously though try a bottle of the cocnut LBA's , they are good on all kinds of stuff , mixed in coffee on chicken or pulled pork

Chicken breasts suck, and nothing will ever change that. Red meat, eggs and seafood is all a growing boy needs.

Salt pepper Rosemarry....

Rosemarry.... Heitz fat free gravy has no fat and 3g of carbs per serving so I saute it in that to keep it moist.

Grilled chicken breast can be dry so I buy a $4 rotisserie from the market or I buy the chicken tender loins which seem to stay tender.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws