advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

realistically speaking, what happens to ur body after discontinuin AAS?

bananas007

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Lets say you have used AAS for about 6 years. Low dose for the most part but abused it for one of those six years. Your body has shrunk and blown up and shrunk again.
If the person was to stop AAS completely or maybe get on HRT, what kind of a physique can he realistically obtain..

Will he never be able to get lean and muscular again since his anabolic receptors are used to suprephysiological dose..

or

Will he be able to regain his natural leanness and muscle putting abilities.??

Basically if any of you used AAS for a few years and then stopped cold turkey due to personal or medical reasons, then lost the muscle mass, and picked up working out again... what kind of results are realisticall y possible.

Lets say you have used AAS for about 6 years. Low dose for the most part but abused it for one of those six years. Your body has shrunk and blown up and shrunk again.
If the person was to stop AAS completely or maybe get on HRT, what kind of a physique can he realistically obtain..

Will he never be able to get lean and muscular again since his anabolic receptors are used to suprephysiological dose..

or

Will he be able to regain his natural leanness and muscle putting abilities.??

Basically if any of you used AAS for a few years and then stopped cold turkey due to personal or medical reasons, then lost the muscle mass, and picked up working out again... what kind of results are realisticall y possible.

Hey man, I can't speak from experience, so maybe it's worth nothing....but......... I'd guess that best case scenario, you would have the same potential you had without the drugs...........If you're hormonal function is permanently damaged though, that question is hard to answer.......I guess the question would be, what kind of results are realistically possible for an adolescent boy?

You will lose quite a bit of muscle, depending on how much of it was from AAS to begin with. You will acquire fat more easily, which will be harder to take off. Your major strength exercises like bench and squats will drop like a ton of bricks.

Again there is no exact % of what you will lose, but if you went from 150lb to 250lb, you can expect to lose quite a bit. However if you went from 225lb to 250lb, the figure will be much smaller bc the majority was your to begin with.
On a positive note, if you jump back on, its like taking candy from a baby.

It really comes down to priorities though. Do you want to be big and dead, or normal and alive? There is more to life than being the biggest guy in the gym. Just remember there is always someone younger and bigger, so dont chase something that doesnt exist.

Spoken from experience.

So many variables and genetic factors....

ideally your bodies endocrine system will go back to when you were natural (aka your body will try to attain its genetic homeostasis) whether or not this happens is mostly genetics and i think PCT plays a part as well

I dont want to be big, let me rephrase that I want to be big but I no longer want to take the health or legal risks associated with the game.

I would be happy with a 155 or 165 lbs truly lean physique with a TRT dose.

Not a ton (pardon the pun . . .) of experience here, but speaking of a recent HRT
point of view, I recently took a “drug holiday” of sorts, cutting my dosages from
400mg EW to 200 E2W for a variety of reasons I won’t go into here and I lost a
bunch of size and muscularity, just about reverted back to pre-HRT days plus a little.
There is no denying the muscle to dose relationship. And I have been working out
for longer than most of the members here have been alive.

I am back on board now at 200 EW and after 4 weeks it is starting to kick in. No
changes in diet or workouts, and I’m starting to gain again. I doubt I will ever look
like I once did (will get close) and that is okay, but I feel better with no red / yellow
flags on my blood tests, and that counts for most in my book, having none of the
risks associated with the higher dosages, not that they were that high or the risks
that great, but high for HRT. In retrospect, at 400 EW was more for vanity, less
for health.

More to the point and in an attempt to answer your question, read what bigsport
said, and believe what he said, I can add nothing and only be reminded what a
wise man on here once said . . . ultimately, you are only as big as your dose. Truer
words have not been spoken.

From my own experience, after using various amounts of aas, etc. for about 10 years, I stopped for reasons not important, but after my last cycle I was unable to use my ancillaries. Turned 50, stopped going to the gym, which effected my eating habits, and in two years Im back to where I started.
I've recently started trt, using some other compounds to stimulate my appetite, and am working out again. I dont expect to return to the physique that I had before, but feel realistically that I will be able to get back to a size and condition that I will be happy with.
On the other side, my boy used to do much amounts for several years also. He never did pct. He stayed in the gym after quitting using, and continued to eat copious amounts. He's retained most if not all of his size. Then again he's 20 years my junior.

This question can have as many answers as there are guys on this board. If you use AAS as a tool, you can expect to keep gains and continue to make progress. If you rely on them for gains and don't know how to eat/diet/train then don't plan on keeping much.

IMO diet is number one. AAS obviously make things faster but if you don't eat you don't grow and if you don't know how to train/eat to grow without the gear then it's a waste anyway.

At a certain point everyone reaches a limit and may only get beyond that with help but that doesn't mean you will drop everything you gained.

From my experience, having stopped taking AAS 3 yrs ago due to my heart attack, you do retain some of what you built up. I would say that I am bigger and stronger now than I would have been if I never lifted and just started 3 yrs ago. Its hard though to seperate the effects of many many years of lifting from the drugs. I do though have a much easier time keeping what size I do have now then before I ever used AAS/GH. If you believe in that set point theory, its almost as if my set point was raised some. I did lose about 40 lbs of muscle though when I got off.

if you get off AAS you will eventually return to the size you could have only achieved naturaly

if you go on HRT, u will return to the size that your HRT dose allows you to maintain

All great posts by all members. I feel what i say will just be restated.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws