over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

STEROIDS AND HAIR LOSS

Dr. Noe

Registered
NPB research read

It used to be thought that having a full healthy head of hair and a muscular ripped body were contradictory, if not mutually exclusive propositions, after all if hair loss was related to DHT, and high male hormone levels, how could anyone maximize their own anabolic potential and not have to simultaneously deal with hair loss?? I am personally self absorbed and narcissistic enough to demand both, and have dedicated a great deal of time investigating just how I could have both. All I can tell you is that, after talking to literally hundreds of athletes and bodybuilders, and my own personal experience, it is possible, but you have to know what you're doing.

In this piece I will delve into what effects certain "anabolic agents" consistently have on scalp hair, so you won't inadvertently compromise your hair, or perhaps miss out on some beneficial anabolic agents for fear they will. It may seem to some like I'm advocating the use of certain steroids or stacks, and perhaps I am. I've been training for more then 20 years, and have rally been around the block in this business. I have never had a desire to compete, but have successfully (and unsuccessfully at times) used various "anabolic agents" to stay in top shape, and will continue to do so.

My commitment is simply to tell you in a straightforward, no B.S. way and which ones are safe to use. The medical and legal considerations and ramifications are obviously yours to deal with on an individual basis. As always, consult a "physician".
Deca Durabolin - I've never had a problem with my hair on this one, neither have hundreds of other guys I've talked to. The safety of this steroid, as far as hairloss is concerned, stems from the fact that 5-alpha-reductase enzyme, instead of converting it to a stronger androgen like DHT, converts it to a very mild androgen called DHN. Taken in dosages of up to 300-400 mg weekly it shouldn't produce any hairloss problems, this is due to the fact that, being a highly HPTA supressive androgen, 300-400 mg are no more androgenic than our endogenous testosterone (supressed while we are taking it) would be.. One BIG word of caution: While you are taken Deca Durabolin never ever take 5AR blockers such as Proscar/Propecia, for it would block the conversion of nandrolone to DHN in tissues such as the scalp and the prostate, resulting in hairloss and BPH, which is what we are trying to avoid taking Deca.

Testosterone cypionate, propionate, etc., androderm, sustanon 250: All of these are different testosterone preparations, they all have the same properties as far as hairloss is concerned: they convert to DHT via 5-alpha-reductase enzyme. That's the main reason why testosterone is so androgenic. However, if one takes testosterone along with a 5AR blocker such as Proscar it's not nearly that harmful for your hair. So, if you are concerned about hairloss and are taking testosterone, always use it along with Proscar. Take into account that DHT is an anti-estrogen and blocking it while your body has supraphysiological levels of testosterone might lead to gynecomastia, so it's advisable to combine Proscar with Arimidex (an aromatase inhibitor).

Anadrol\50 - If you value your hair, don't touch this one with a ten foot pole. Nothing seems to control its negative effects on hair. Not Proscar, Not Nizoral, nothing...

Dianabol -Same as Anadrol\50.

Primobolan - One of the less androgenic steroids. If you are concerned about hairloss this steroid is for you. It's much more anabolic than it is androgenic.

Oxandrolone (Anavar) - It's the safest steroid for your hair along with Primobolan and Deca.

Boldenone (Equipoise) - After the Primo, Anavar and Deca this is probably one of the safest for your hair. Although it undergoes 5-alpha-reduction, its affinity for this enzyme is minimal, so there is very little conversion. Moreover, its 5-alpha-reduced form is not as androgenic as DHT.

DHEA - Does not negatively affect hair in men. May help prevent hair loss by offsetting the binding of DHT to follicles. The product is a Disaster for women with hair loss. DHEA causes hair loss in women much like DHT in Men. DHEA discriminates against women.

Androstenedione - The worst of all prohormones in the market. It has a low conversion to testosterone, around 5%, which is damn too low. Worse yet is the fact that, before converting to testosterone, androstenedione directly interacts with aromatase and 5AR, thus converting to estrogen and DHT prior to conversion to target hormone.. You will be far better of using testosterone than this scum.

1-testosterone - A legal steroid, at least for the time being. It's very androgenic and very anabolic. Although it's a 5-alpha-reduced steroid it converts to DHT through an unknown pathway, so using Proscar along with it won't avoid DHT conversion. Its anabolic/androgenic ratio (~(1.5-2):1) is slightly higher than that of test (1:1). Be wary while using this product if you value your hair.

As time goes on, certainly cleaner, anabolic agents will be developed. The vast majority of users I talked to, have been on Prpecia/Proscar and Nizoral, myself included (amongst many other things).

Finally, take into account that you should also use topical spironolactone (2-5%) while juicing. This product directly antagonizes scalp ARs when used topically, hence it will be useful with any sort of steroid, even those that do not undergo 5-alpha-reduction.

Conclusion: The safety stack as far as hairloss is concerned would be a cycle consisting of Primobolan, Oxandrolone and Deca. Take into account that Deca, although being very mild for your hair, is not nearly as safe as oxandrolone and primobolan as far as HPTA supression and gynecomastia is concerned. If you want to play it completely safe when using steroid and avoid jeopardizing your health (and not only your hair) use cycles consisting of Oxandrolone and Primobolan.

You have any experience with topical spiro while on cycle?

Personally, I love it over propecia/proscar. Whereas fina blocks DHT systemically (why it kills libido in a lot of men), spiro stops the conversion where it is needed most, at the follicle level. I also combine it with 2% Nizoral shampoo. Awesome stack if you value your hair. Make sure you try and apply it twice a day.

The spiro has a skunky smell, especially when it gets wet from sweating, my wife loves to complain about it, other than that no sides at all.

I had almost zero shedding while taking over a gram of test prop a week. Supposedly it's a great androgen blocker so I tested it out with d-bol as well. Results were ok, definitely saw an uptick in shedding, but not nearly as bad as it should have been. I shed like crazy on d-bol.

I dropped the d-bol and will try it with tren ace next (gonna wait a few weeks). For some reason tren isn't as brutal on my hair as d-bol. I know a few guys who swear by it with tren. Time will tell.

An awesome stack for the hair loss prone is test + deca/npp + anavar along with topical spiro and nizoral.

That article is bs. A lot of members including myself can say with certainty that primo causes crazy hair loss

That article is bs. A lot of members including myself can say with certainty that primo causes crazy hair loss

You are right to some degree but it is a very mild DHT steroid and like all DHT based steroids Primobolan can cause hair-loss. There is something you need to understand about hair-loss, steroids that promote this do not make you go bald, you were going to go bald anyway but if you are predisposed to this condition DHT steroids will simply speed it up. I myself have never had any issues with hair loss on Primobolan or any steroid.

androgenic alopecia.

medical name for hair loss.

primo will make you bald before your eyes.

Primo is one of the worst for hair loss, right up there with winny.

Say if you're using this @ 500/wk, prop 400/wk and gh 2-3iu/day when would you need to start Proscar with Arimidex? Not noticing anything 3 wks in and would prefer not to use arimidex due to its potential cancer side effects...... I like my hair tho :-/

response

I have read the article many times and long ago. I have been battling hairloss for ten years and have been through every kind of medication, ect... it is difficult to get both the great benefits of steroids without losing hair. Everyone is different and/or similar. Some take EQ no prob, some say it knocks out hair. Some say ten is horrible for the hair claiming it is so highly androgenic that it rips your hair out, yet some say they get o problems. It is a slippery slope, you have to try them to see what works for you, unfortunately (trying) can lead to permanent hairloss.

I have even went to the next level, hair restorationsurgery with one of the best in the country. 3 surgeries over 10 years costed me 20k. But my body is my hobby and my investment, its what I chose to do, be must ular, have low body fat, take HRT and keep my hair.

I could never tell if Spiro worked. Never saw how it could penetrate so deep as to make a differenxpce to site reducing dhtbwithout getting in the bloodstream. I am sure there is more to it then that, but again people are different. Minoxidil'works, finasteride works as well. Trick thing with finasteride is finding your right dose. I used to cut 5 mg pills into 1.25/ day doses. Very common. Found that in pictures I started to hve a fat face and mid section got fatter. Could be reduced dht which is a great hardening agent to one's physique. Or the raised estro people have reported. I use my libido as the judge. I am at 1.25mg EOD. Keeps shed away while libido tags strong

Number one is the hair transplant surgery. Never use one that is not recommended on hairrestorationnetwork.com. They are top reviewed and require their work to be posted frequently. Do not get sucked into companies like Bosley or hair club.

Also consider it as the hais are dht resistant that they put from the side on the top. Also some say the cost is too much, but consider it. You have to take the creams, rogaine, shampoos, or propecias forever. Once you stop you regress back to where you would have been without. I dropped propecia for a year after being on it for four years and it led me back to my third, and hopefully final hair transplant. Financially it makes sense, the new hairs are there for life, the otheres that you are trying to save need drugs, topicals,ect and constant $ to maintain. Just some food for thought. Hope it helps put some insight in the thread

Last edited:
Acer00, you had better hope that those hairs stay with you. I had a hair transplant and within 15 years those fell out too. As people get older(men and women) they lose hair. It is a natural process. So those transplanted hairs are not permanent.

Then, as your own hair begins to thin out on the sides, you have to deal with the scars from the transplant showing. You can't shave your head because they would look terrible. So you are caught between a rock and a hard place. In my opinion transplants are an expensive medium term solution. There is a lot of misleading and deceptive info by these big companies doing these transplants. They are making many millions of $ on this. The only way to solve the hair loss problem is to get a high quality hair piece. A good one is almost undetectable.

The main problem I have with nandrolone is that it is exceptionally good at raising RBC, hemoglobin and hematocrit. This is from an article in Mus. Dev. Mag. Sept,2010, pg.270. Nandrolone was profiled by Seth Roberts.He cited a study that said it was a much more potent stimulator of RBC than anadrol. That has been my experience also. I donate a pint of blood, then go on a 10 week cycle of nandrolone & test and it goes right back up.
I think one possible cause was that I was using short esters like NPP and test prop. About a year ago I read an artice in Mus. Dev. Mag. that said that these short esters will cause the RBC count to spike in response to the big influx of these hormones in a short time. I think that the 10 day ester decanoate is much better to use. Test E is the best test ester. I am finished with NPP and test prop. In my experience they are no better than nandrolone decanoate or Test E. Any benefit is offset by the spike in RBC.

I'd prefer tren and nandrolone for a hair healthy cycle. Any DHT/DHT derivative or 5-alpha reducible steroids will cause hair loss. Not sure why you think primo and var are safe.

I just shave my head now and chalk it up as bound to happen anyway. Hair loss is prevalent in all my male family members. I tried for many years to counteract this with a lot of the things your talking about in your article but couldnt keep up enough with all the shedding and thinning out. I can however say that I have a decent look with the shaved head. So at least for that im thankful LOL. Primo for me was murder on my hair and so were winni.

Tbol has actually even less 5AR interaction than even anavar, making it the KING compound for those who are concerned about hairloss.

I have used Anavar on 3 cycles at 30-50 MG

I have used Tbol at 50MG for 1 cycle

I have used Anadrol at 50MG for 1 cycle.

Var and Tbol never once affected my hairline.

Anadrol absolutely raped my hairline and significantly thinned out my midscalp.

I've been on prescription Proscar for 6 years and other than Anadrol I didn't see any additional loss.

Acer00, you had better hope that those hairs stay with you. I had a hair transplant and within 15 years those fell out too. As people get older(men and women) they lose hair. It is a natural process. So those transplanted hairs are not permanent.

that really sucks I am 42 and considering a hair transplant. I don't know if its worth the money now.

I was noticing some hair loss, but I've been washing with nizoral, Nioxin shampoo and conditioner and the hair loss has stopped completely...

Yes I am hoping. Also there is no guarantee that mine will have the same outcome as yours. There is no guarantee on just about anything. The only guarantee is that portions of my frontal hairline would be bald, but I invested in something to fix it, instead of looking 10-20years older.

Also the process has evolved from 15 years ago as i have no scar. FUE was used not what you had which is an FUT procedure that leaves a strip scqr. My procedure greatly minimizes any chance at scaring as each hair graft is extracted and placed in the front individually. While your method has the surgeon cut a chunk out of your hair and then chop up all the grafts and plnt them on your head.

With great strides being made in the past 3 years by Replicell, Histogen, Acell, and stem cells there is a real possibility these procedures will be a thing of the past. Dr's are already harvesting hairs and replicating them and placing them on bald areas without any cutting, ect.. The forum link below tracks and monitors studies of future treatments with detailed documentation and feedback. Hairloss may be a thing of the past before long. It shows promise as there really is no Big Pharma standing in the way of real cures, we have Avodart and propecia, both which are under constant fire for lawsuits and label changing for the sexual side effects.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Yes I am hoping. Also there is no guarantee that mine will have the same outcome as yours. There is no guarantee on just about anything. The only guarantee is that portions of my frontal hairline would be bald, but I invested in something to fix it, instead of looking 10-20years older.

Also the process has evolved from 15 years ago as i have no scar. FUE was used not what you had which is an FUT procedure that leaves a strip scqr. My procedure greatly minimizes any chance at scaring as each hair graft is extracted and placed in the front individually. While your method has the surgeon cut a chunk out of your hair and then chop up all the grafts and plnt them on your head.

With great strides being made in the past 3 years by Replicell, Histogen, Acell, and stem cells there is a real possibility these procedures will be a thing of the past. Dr's are already harvesting hairs and replicating them and placing them on bald areas without any cutting, ect.. The forum link below tracks and monitors studies of future treatments with detailed documentation and feedback. Hairloss may be a thing of the past before long. It shows promise as there really is no Big Pharma standing in the way of real cures, we have Avodart and propecia, both which are under constant fire for lawsuits and label changing for the sexual side effects.

**broken link removed**

YouTube
And here is in detailed overview of how fUE is nn invasive

I am considering an FUE w dr rahal. I had a consult he said I needed 1800 grafts. I also saw dr. Feller and he said 1800 grafts also

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear