over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Low dose testosterone for women??

Putin

Banned
Anyone taken low dose of testosterone? What were your results and sides. My wife is thinking of doing 10mg of injectable testosterone phenylpropionate twice a week, with a slin pin, pretty simple.

Simple, but a mistake.

It will have a slow, but steady virilizing effect (deepening voice, possible facial hair, etc), and an insulin needle will be to short for an intramuscular injection.

Dad said:
Simple, but a mistake.

It will have a slow, but steady virilizing effect (deepening voice, possible facial hair, etc), and an insulin needle will be to short for an intramuscular injection.
Supposidly since a male produces about 6-8mg of test per day, and a female produces 1/7th or 1/10th of that. Then 10mg of Test Prop (half life of 2-3days), would spread out the dose to 3.5mg/day. Dont think that would be too much.

Isnt there any females that have taken it?? Not too many post here. I need some actual experience feedback.

Are you talking from experience Dad or just theoretically speaking?

I'm talking from actual experience.

What I should have added is that her testosterone levels should be tested first to see what they are. If very low, you might have a reason for adding, but this is done with a cream applied to the vaginal epithelial surface, NOT injection.

An insulin needle is still not long enough for an intramuscular injection.

Putin said:
Supposidly since a male produces about 6-8mg of test per day, and a female produces 1/7th or 1/10th of that. Then 10mg of Test Prop (half life of 2-3days), would spread out the dose to 3.5mg/day. Dont think that would be too much.

Isnt there any females that have taken it?? Not too many post here. I need some actual experience feedback.

Are you talking from experience Dad or just theoretically speaking?
from pure experience 25mg per week is just right, and you can use an insulin needle for IM if you hit the delts or tris

I know there aren't hardly any post on it. Believe me I researched this for over 3yrs trying to decided what I wanted to do. This was after a fellow female bb from another board suggested it as an alternative HRT. She is very knowledgeable on AS.

She suggested enanthate @ 50mgs twice a week to keep from spiking. She wrote "if you are worried, use propionate, it's in and out faster (enanthate is a ester used for HRT so it is in your system longer) but it can give you a good stinger at the injection site."

Then I asked her about Sustanon 250, because a friend already had it. She said I could do 50 - 75 mg per week, but I was still nervous about taking it, so I started at 25 mg per week. I wasn't having any negative sides, so after 8 wks I increased it to 50mgs. I went up to 100 mgs for 8 wks, but got too nervous about taking that much and cut it back. I've decided to stay with 50mg. I draw with 18 gauge and switch to 25 to inject. It's been a year now, and I'm still not having any major negative sides... unless you call increase in sex drive and very wet a bad side effect. My fiance is enjoy the sides. :p

I think the key here, because there isn't very much research to support it is to start out with small amounts. Just try it out to see how her body is going to react to it. Some women have very good results with the cream, and that may be all they need or want to do. I have had a total hysterectomy, so my body doesn't produce any hormones. Test helps your body naturally produce estrogen, so it give me just enough estrogen to keep the hot flashes, night sweats and other menopausal symptoms away plus a little extra to grow on.

If anyone else has any more information... it would be very helpful to add it.

Last edited:
Dad: ----Injectable is better than creams because you can precisely measure how much you are injecting. And, you can also inject sub-q, but it's very painful, even at tiny doses.

Sassy:-- You notice any water retention?

I agree that injectable doing is more precise.

I would still strongly encourage yuo to have her testosterone levels tested first (simple blood test). This is the best way to determine dosing. If it's very low, you have a reason for adding exogenous testosterone. If not, then yuo have to consider why it is yuo want to do this, and if the sides are worth the benefit.

Yuo will have some increased water retention if you're not using anti-estrogens. This will occur in both men and women, but women have, generally, higher levels of bodyfat, so higher levels of aromatase enzyme, which is found in fat cells. Something like Arimidex is an anti-aromatase.

Putin said:
Sassy:-- You notice any water retention?

No trouble with water retention. Probably because my body quite producing estrogen, so I'm guessing that the estrogen I get from the test isn't enough to cause major water retention. It is enough to help with the hot flashes, night sweats and vaginal dryness. Plus, I drink a ton of water.

I wanted the doctor to test my levels before I started, but he was very closed minded and did think I needed it. He gave me a progesterone cream instead. :mad:

Then I read the literature in the package that said not recommended for women who have certain female problems that I had and is why I had the hysterectomy. My regular doctor would have been a lot more open minded about this, but he isn't on my insurance's network. I have to go to this crappy doctor... I won't get started on this topic.

Hey Sassy, I'll bet the doctor you went to has some very nice arrangements with the company that manufactures that cream! This is why I too have a problem with most gp's these days, they have become nothing more than pharmacy reps for the biggies. They will not engage in actual practice any more. Like you wanted a test fore your hormone levels and he basically refused and gave you a script........WTF is that? I treat doctors with a whole lot of contempt these days. I tend to treat them like a motor mechanic, I go in tell them what I want and if they give me shit about it I simply get up and walk out!! I wish gp's would get back into medicine and stay out of retailing! I am enjoying a real woman's perspective on these issues. Some of this I have known for years but so many women are still in the closet about a lot of this. If I only had some more women at my gym like you and Ms. Strunk! I would be able to change the attitude of women and weights forever. Keep at it Sassy! Great stuff!

I'm definitely a different breed. LOL I live in a very small town in Georgia, and I'm still after all these years the only women in the gym who bodybuilds and competes. The women there all still want to "tone".

Sassy said:
I'm definitely a different breed. LOL I live in a very small town in Georgia, and I'm still after all these years the only women in the gym who bodybuilds and competes. The women there all still want to "tone".
I hear ya, I live in a beautiful seaside town here in OZ and they all want to "TONE".......hahahahaha I just have to laugh, cause they all will grow enormous muscles if they lift weights and look like Ronnie Coleman in two weeks!!!!!!!!.....................LMAO:D AHHHHH ignorance is bliss........Have a great weekend sweetie and go hard girl!

Just curious.....why is she wanting to try test? Does she compete? Don't really see the need for a women to take test (prop would be the only one I would take) unless there is a ultimate goal. No matter what the dose using it for a whole cycle is going to produce sides.

msmuscle said:
Just curious.....why is she wanting to try test? Does she compete? Don't really see the need for a women to take test (prop would be the only one I would take) unless there is a ultimate goal. No matter what the dose using it for a whole cycle is going to produce sides.
I'm assuming that the sides wouldnt be worse comparing anavar mg to test prop mg. Anavar 15mg/day vs 30mg/test prop per week.

I am glad some females are speaking up about this. And I see some men are speaking FOR females that have absolutely no experience in the field. I have known about 5 women who are all competitive bodybuilders and all have taken test. I can tell you WHAT I KNOW FOR A FACT. Most started with a very low dose around 25mg / week...and Most worked up to around 100mg / week. They would split the dose, some did 2x per week (at 50mg) some did 3x per week at (33mg). I have seen them use both long acting and short acting, once they established their baseline for what their body could handle, they established their baseline using Prop. that way they could bail off it quickly if needed. Some did notice some increased hair growth, but not enough for ANY to stop taking it....and 2 of them opted for laser hair removal ($1000 for 6 sessions). Now if your a female and want to use test I would not jump into it at 100mg..... I would also keep it limited to 8-10 weeks for a boost, not year round if trying to avoid major sides... That being said...some of these females also used primo , turnibol, NPP, and even mast enanthate for short peroids of time during contest prep....and OBVIOUSLY not all at the same time... Hope this helps some that want some real information on this instead of people just yelling it will "turn you into a man"

I am a 48 years old woman. I'm the last few years used the test. propionate 15 mg every 3 days. I like between small breaks. I'm stronger, I care of my life and everything more. I am interested more and my mood is flat and good. Sexual enjoyment is more powerful. The only side effect is just a little bit of swelling and quite a bit has hair growth increased. But hardly even notice them. Without this "medicine" I would fall as mentally and physically as I would have menopause.

I've always been working out at the beginning of menopause and my condition deteriorated significantly. Because it's no longer possible. I was so tired. and the sport started to feel uncomfortable. I want to keep myself physically fit and therefore use terstosterone propionate. But I'm only training 2-3 times a week. That's enough. I do not return, however, at this age no longer very quickly, but the training is more effective and I am also average more muscular than my age normally.

Think that’s a bad idea for a woman. My girls uses nothing but Samson supplies because he gear is always legit and she sticks to var and primo and get crazy good results.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws