over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

synthroid - any experience?

bigpapa

Registered
so recently got diagnosed with hypothyroidism. mother has hashimoto's so it really was not a stretch for the endocrinologist to figure out what was wrong with me.

my question is, since this is the first couple of days i am taking it, i have felt even more tired than before, extremely hungry, and i am feeling colder than i normally am. i am on 50mcg of synthroid a day to start. anybody else have experience with this?

thanks

I am Hypothyroid, i have been on .88 mcg of synthroid for about 4 years. I noticed difference in energy and mood after a few weeks, i felt like myself. Being in 40's weight didnt come off, but I had low t as well, just recently started HRT. You must take pill on waking, from experience i can tell you- take pill and wait half hour before eating, coffee is fine. If you do fasted cardio, great way to kill time.. Do not drink any milk or dairy product right away, calcium hinders absorption of meds...first doc fail to tell me that...no sides at all...my endo even told me if I miss a day I can take 2 the next day...read insert of meds it will school ya...there is nothing to it.

thanks. yeah i am being checked for low t right now also. my endo said the two could go hand in hand with each other.

I don't want to be your MD, but I would suggest speaking with your physician about using a higher dosage of synthroid from the get go. The 50mcg of synthroid may actually be giving you less T4 than your gland was making itself.
It's not atypical to have patients work up 3x the dose.

Ultimately, you should be talking to your physician about this and seeing what he suggests. He should be your council in this matter (if he knows what he's doing).

My doc worked me up 225mcgs a day. Every time they ran bloods it would be off. Talk to them about a t3/t4 combo. Right now I just take 50mcgs of t3 a day.

I've been taking 150mcg of synthroid a day I'd say since probably the early 2000s. I met this guy at a new gym and he was a real big fat fuck but nice guy and he told me he was a dr...I told him I need a good doc to run blood work. He told me he felt aas usage effected my thyroid.

I get blood work often now and the results all show 150mcg has me right where I need to be.

Truth be told I never felt anything different from before starting t4 and after but he said I needed it so whatever.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

My endo runs thyroid panel every 6 months, keeps me at upper end of normal range. Dosage depends on level of thyroid function, and dosage of levothyroid is based on weight, not what the blood numbers are...the 2 are factored...i had a quack first that gave me waaaay too low a dose...then went to endo...

thanks for all the replies. the initial plan with the endo is to start at 50mcg. run blood work in another 4-6weeks and see where everything is, adjust the dose, and repeat. i had bloodwork done this past saturday for all thyroid levels, testosterone, LH, FSH, and pituitary levels. so i guess i will see what comes back.

I've been taking 150mcg of synthroid a day I'd say since probably the early 2000s. I met this guy at a new gym and he was a real big fat fuck but nice guy and he told me he was a dr...I told him I need a good doc to run blood work. He told me he felt aas usage effected my thyroid.

I get blood work often now and the results all show 150mcg has me right where I need to be.

Truth be told I never felt anything different from before starting t4 and after but he said I needed it so whatever.

I don't feel any different with 125mcg/ed for years now. t3 on the other hand I do.

I don't feel any different with 125mcg/ed for years now. t3 on the other hand I do.

Yeah t3 for sure. I took t3 years before I started t4. Actually one dr told me after coming off t3 one might go on t4 to help prevent rebound.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity