over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

IS IT POSABLE TO STILL GET BIG IN LATER YEARS OF LIFE

mature muscle

Registered
IS IT POSSIBLE TO STILL GET BIG IN LATER YEARS OF LIFE

Can you still grow and put on size as you get older say mid 30-50

Last edited:
This is the time when your test levels are going down, if yours test levels are very low then the answer is no, you can have them checked. There is always a solution though and that is HRT.

I'm in my mid forties and in my experience it is harder but still possible. Without gear it is very hard and with gear I don't make the gains as easily as when I was in my 20's but I definitely make them. In my younger days I didn't eat right, sleep enough, did rec drugs, etc and still made gains easily. Now I pay a lot more attention to diet, rest etc. and this helps.
I do notice also they I am more prone to sore joints and tendenitis when going heavy for extended periods. Again, I have adjusted by decreasing volume on occasion.
Bottom line is you may need to train smarter and pay more attention to detail and the gains will come.

In My Opinion

30-50 range for sure. Look at barry bonds, karl malone and a ton of other 40 year olds who get big on roids, In fact, I believe there is a maturity of muscle that allows easy growth and power. However you can't reverse aging. You can take and make a graph with an ascending positive limb that goes from birth to 40 at 40 the limb begins to descend and the end point is death.

The uglyiest thing in a gym second to a female who has been on test too long is a old juicer who was once pretty big but never went on hormone replacement to blunt the muscle loss.

Even stalone looked like he had stay off a few times too long. The trick is to get on HRT in your late 40's and ask the doctor to keep your test levels that of a 30 year old. Now you can't grow on hormone replacement as no doctor will prescribe the kind of dosage guys who have cycled a bit need to gain. But you can blunt your muscle loss with adequate and legal HRT. Most HRT once you get things squared away has you seeing the doctor every 6 months or so. Some guys will throw in two heavy short cycles and then let the doc figure out what needs to be tweaked. Even then you are only really gaining water, maybe leaning out.

I want to live another 50 years and if I thought that hormones were going to prevent me from doing that I would not be on them. I have a sports doctor ( not a hormone guy ) who says I am bigger and more fit than 95% of the patients he sees.

Now you younger guys got a very long road to go: I didn't cycle until I was in my mid 40's. I put on 35lbs my first cycle although alot of it was water. I have always been realatively big and lifted since I was 16. The problem is juice changes everything and you can't ever go back. Not sure any of us want to. But there are serious legal issues and if you haven't noticed I do my best to protect personal users from their own stupidity as far as ordering and recieving gear. You don't want your first arrest at 22 then at 24 then at 30 for roids. Steroid arrests are really quite rare and usually it is a situation where LE had no choice but to arrest. Most arrests should never happen.

Get on hormone replacement locally as soon as you really bottom out a few weeks past the last shot. You will now have a diagnosed medical condition and it is a little harder to throw your ass in jail for self treating or adding to your doctors perscription.

This is not medical advice: The reasons steroids will never be legal is because no physician is going to prescribe 2 grams of test a week which is what some of us need to think we are growing.

Site enhancement may be my only option.

Allbeef

Last edited:
Sure!!!!

You can grow and get better and better, look at me at my 38 years old, my trainer says he doesnt care about my age...i am just starting my career.
Look atr Tony Freeman 5 years a go and know at hes 43's, and he is improving every show!!!
Forget what people says about age and just think in your goal and get it!!!

Look at Vince Taylor??? and he says hes not taking it seriously???

Put it this way,no matter what age you are,you're going to look better if you're training than if you're not

Speaking from my own experience, I made some great gains and was at my biggest when I was in my forties. Definitely!

Absolutely!!

Yes!! When i was 50 my arms were 18 1/4 I'm 52 now with 19 " guns. It does get harder but it is still possible!!

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

YES!!

I just recently turned 53 and I look better than 10 years ago. My test is 397 as of last blood level. I don't want hrt yet cuz once you start your on for the rest of your life. I'll hold off another couple years. I only did 1 light cycle a few years ago so I haven't really burned myself out. I only train for 40 minutes at any one time and my strength is as good as ever. Age is a number and a state of mind. God, I love denial!!!

Definately possible.

Stronger, bigger, and leaner now than 20+ years ago.

Yuor brother in rational thought,
Dad

WELL.. IF YA LOOK AT GUYS WHO ACTUALLY LOOK BETTER THAN THEY DID MANY YEARS AGO..like francis benafatto, vince taylor, bernie cooper, ect.. that should tell ya with the proper diet and proper weigh training, and supplementation it is very possible to be bigger, stronger and better as late as 50.. in bernies case, 60..

The simple answer is yes. But to what level?
I cant help but always consider the fate of Don Youngblood. Got in the game a little late in life. Nonetheless fillled out nicely and won a masters olympia. I'm not about to jump in and lay blame on his heart condition on you know what. Still you have to think,,,what lies ahead that I may not know about..??

Do I have cardiovascular issues that run in my family at say later 60's? Will I speed that up by pumping additional hormones and other items into my system in my late 30's early 40's?
No one knows for sure. THere is no data. But it should make ya think is all.

If you have the genetic potential to be muscular you have it for life. But your test and GH level declines as you age so you will need to bring that back up.
Also your metabolism slows down so it will become harder to burn fat as you age.... Nutrition and cardio becomes more and more important if you want to stay lean.Perhaps you can help with some T3 and / or T4 but you should be careful with that at any age.

I'm almost 45 now and I dont try to look like a 25 year old......just trying to look good for my age.

Scientific research has proven you can put on muscle until 72 years of age if you make the effort.

Worldspan

great thread.

I'm in my thirties and stared training a few years ago. I had a very hard time growing...but it is possible. You do have to be smart and it's hard to balance with a busy professional life - but it can be done.

After a few years of hard work naturally I recenty did a cycle of test...the biggest difference for me was the increase in recovery time. I'm usually so sore - but this time I could work my ass off in the gym and still function the next day at work without 12 hours of sleep!

So I'm considering a cycle a year for the next few years, then hrt past age 40...with lab work post each cycle...

Well, as several of you know, I'm in my early 60's. Been training pretty much my whole life. Started in judo, and then karate around age 11-12. (This was back waaaay before you had martial arts schools in every little shopping center - I started at a judo club, and karate club, one at the YMCA, and one at neighborhood rec center.)

This was also way before weight work as we know it was nearly as prevelant. Luckily, my judo sensei, a retired Air Force guy who had gotten all the way to sandan (3rd degree) while stationed in Japan for several years, got me into weight training.

When I did my first cycle in the early-mid 80's, I was in my early 40's. I trained to compete in martial arts, (by then at the masters level) and to stay healthy and big. I have never competed in BB'ing. I agree that it gets harder as we get older. I really don't know where I would be, body and fitness wise, w/o supplements. Right now, my bi's are about 16, with a 34 inch waist. Not that big for guys on this board, but compared to the average guy on the street (of any age), a hell of a lot bigger. In the gym, there is no one approachingmy age anywhere near my stage of muscular development - probably because I'm the only guy my age who does regular (but "safe and sane") cycles.

I think that trying to really accomplish any real muscular development past 45 or so, without tremendous genetics, would be hard without juice. A lot of guys who are regulars in my gyn who are in their 40's, 50's ,and a few in their 60's like me, stay in shape, but none of them have any real level of muscular developement.

I think that a reasonable and sane AS program, (maybe at the "HRT" level, or a little more) along with training, is something that would benefit almost any guy in his 40's, 50's, 60's and maybe on up. I do get extensive blood work, etc, done about 3 times a year, with a doc who knows whats going on. Obviously anybody considering this stuff needs to do it right.

Anyway, since I may be the oldest guy on this board, I thought I would throw my two cents in here.

Chuck999

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner