over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OXYTOCIN...reduced social anxiety

I finally tried 10mcg. Wow! That along with oxiracetam gave me confidence, calmness, and incredible mental acuity.

I finally tried 10mcg. Wow! That along with oxiracetam gave me confidence, calmness, and incredible mental acuity.

So you took it in the morning in anticipation of your day? That sounds interesting.

So you took it in the morning in anticipation of your day? That sounds interesting.

Yep. It didn't make me feel sleepy at all just calm. The biggest difference I noticed is in traffic. :D:D I did have some caffeine in my system though.

Good to know :)

Intracerebral oxytocin modulates sleep-wake behaviour in male rats.

AuthorsLancel M, et al. Show all Journal
Regul Pept. 2003 Jul 15;114(2-3):145-52.

Affiliation
Abstract
Oxytocin released within the brain under basal conditions and in response to stress is differentially involved in the regulation of the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis. Because the HPA axis plays an important role in the regulation of wakefulness, central oxytocin may modulate sleep-wake behaviour. In the present vehicle-controlled study, we assessed the influence of a selective oxytocin receptor antagonist (des-Gly-NH2d(CH2)5 [Tyr(Me)2,Thr4] OVT; 0.75 microg/5 microl) or of synthetic oxytocin (0.1 microg and 1 microg/5 microl), infused into the lateral ventricle (i.c.v.), on the sleep pattern in male Wistar rats (n=7). Compared to vehicle, the oxytocin antagonist slightly but persistently increased wakefulness at the expense of all sleep states. This finding indicates that endogenous brain oxytocin promotes sleep. However, acute icv infusion of oxytocin delayed sleep onset latency, which resulted in a transient reduction of non-REMS and REMS, and augmented high-frequency activity in the electroencephalogram (EEG) within non-REMS. These observations agree with previous reports that icv oxytocin induces a state of arousal. Based on these findings, we postulate that oxytocin has a dual mechanism of action in dependence of the physiological state. Under basal, stress-free conditions, endogenous oxytocin may promote sleep. Conversely, the high brain levels of oxytocin after central oxytocin infusion may reflect a condition of stress accompanied by behavioural arousal and, possibly via an excitatory action on the CRH system, increase vigilance.

The impact of intranasal oxytocin on attention to social emotional stimuli in patients with anorexia nervosa: a double blind within-subject cross-over experiment.

AuthorsKim YR, et al. Show all Journal
PLoS One. 2014 Mar 6;9(3):e90721. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0090721.

Affiliation
Abstract
BACKGROUND AND AIM: Social factors may be of importance causally and act as maintenance factors in patients with anorexia nervosa. Oxytocin is a neuromodulatory hormone involved in social emotional processing associated with attentional processes. This study aimed to examine the impact of oxytocin on attentional processes to social faces representing anger, disgust, and happiness in patients with anorexia nervosa.

METHOD: A double-blind, placebo-controlled within-subject crossover design was used. Intranasal oxytocin or placebo followed by a visual probe detection task with faces depicting anger, disgust, and happiness was administered to 64 female subjects: 31 patients with anorexia nervosa and 33 control students.

RESULTS: Attentional bias to the disgust stimuli was observed in both groups under the placebo condition. The attentional bias to disgust was reduced under the oxytocin condition (a moderate effect in the patient group). Avoidance of angry faces was observed in the patient group under the placebo condition and vigilance was observed in the healthy comparison group; both of these information processing responses were moderated by oxytocin producing an increase in vigilance in the patients. Happy/smiling faces did not elicit an attentional response in controls or the patients under either the placebo or oxytocin conditions.

CONCLUSION: Oxytocin attenuated attentional vigilance to disgust in patients with anorexia nervosa and healthy controls. On the other hand, oxytocin changed the response to angry faces from avoidance to vigilance in patients but reduced vigilance to anger in healthy controls. We conclude that patients with anorexia nervosa appear to use different strategies/circuits to emotionally process anger from their healthy counterparts.

Anyone using oxytocin have updates on their experience?

Currently using 10mcg morning and 10mcg at night. My anxiety is gone in the day and I sleep like a baby at night. I would not suggest using it during the day if you aren't on caffeine of some sort.

Currently using 10mcg morning and 10mcg at night. My anxiety is gone in the day and I sleep like a baby at night. I would not suggest using it during the day if you aren't on caffeine of some sort.

Nice....thanks for the update. :)

Stress Reduction....

Oxytocin in the cardiovascular responses to stress.

AuthorsWsol A, et al. Show all Journal
J Physiol Pharmacol. 2008 Dec;59 Suppl 8:123-7.

Affiliation
Abstract
The present study was designed to determine the role of central oxytocin (OXY) in regulation of the cardiovascular responses to the alarming stress. Three groups of male, normotensive Sprague Dawley rats, received intracerebroventricular (i.c.v.) infusion of one of the following: 1) vehicle, 2) OXY or 3) OXY antagonist (OXANT). Mean arterial blood pressure (MABP) and heart rate (HR) were recorded at rest, during and after application of the alarming stressor (air jet). Under resting conditions the i.c.v. infusions of vehicle, OXY or OXYANT did not influence the cardiovascular parameters. The alarming stressor evoked significant increases in MABP and HR that were significantly greater in the rats receiving i.c.v. infusion of oxytocin antagonist than in those receiving vehicle or OXY. The study provides evidence that stimulation of the brain oxytocin receptors by endogenous oxytocin plays significant role in inhibition of cardiovascular responses to stress.

Honestly... I read a bit about Oxytocin and it seems to be very poorly understood. It can act to increase or decrease stress. It is basically a master emotional manipulator with the ability to create feeling "memories" almost... Not well enough understood and hard to say what it should be used for.

A lot of people may not be aware that one of the main reasons drugs like alcohol work to calm social stress is that they trigger the release of oxytocin.

mdma is a major releaser of oxytocin...

Nest making and oxytocin comparably promote wound healing in isolation reared rats.

AuthorsVitalo A, et al. Show all Journal
PLoS One. 2009;4(5):e5523. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0005523. Epub 2009 May 13.

Affiliation
Abstract
BACKGROUND: Environmental enrichment (EE) fosters attachment behavior through its effect on brain oxytocin levels in the hippocampus and other brain regions, which in turn modulate the hypothalamic-pituitary axis (HPA). Social isolation and other stressors negatively impact physical healing through their effect on the HPA. Therefore, we reasoned that: 1) provision of a rat EE (nest building with Nestlets) would improve wound healing in rats undergoing stress due to isolation rearing and 2) that oxytocin would have a similar beneficial effect on wound healing.

METHODOLOGY/PRINCIPAL FINDINGS: In the first two experiments, we provided isolation reared rats with either EE or oxytocin and compared their wound healing to group reared rats and isolation reared rats that did not receive Nestlets or oxytocin. In the third experiment, we examined the effect of Nestlets on open field locomotion and immediate early gene (IEG) expression. We found that isolation reared rats treated with Nestlets a) healed significantly better than without Nestlets, 2) healed at a similar rate to rats treated with oxytocin, 3) had decreased hyperactivity in the open field test, and 4) had normalized IEG expression in brain hippocampus.

CONCLUSIONS/SIGNIFICANCE: This study shows that when an EE strategy or oxytocin is given to isolation reared rats, the peripheral stress response, as measured by burn injury healing, is decreased. The findings indicate an association between the effect of nest making on wound healing and administration of the pro-bonding hormone oxytocin. Further elucidation of this animal model should lead to improved understanding of how EE strategies can ameliorate poor wound healing and other symptoms that result from isolation stress.

PMID 19436750 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Oxytocin promotes social bonding in dogs.

AuthorsRomero T, et al. Show all Journal
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014 Jun 9. pii: 201322868. [Epub ahead of print]

Affiliation
Abstract
Recent evidence suggests that enduring social bonds have fitness benefits. However, very little is known about the neural circuitry and neurochemistry underlying the formation and maintenance of stable social bonds outside reproductive contexts. Oxytocin (OT), a neuropeptide synthetized by the hypothalamus in mammals, regulates many complex forms of social behavior and cognition in both human and nonhuman animals. Animal research, however, has concentrated on monogamous mammals, and it remains unknown whether OT also modulates social bonds in nonreproductive contexts. In this study we provide behavioral evidence that exogenous OT promotes positive social behaviors in the domestic dog toward not only conspecifics but also human partners. Specifically, when sprayed with OT, dogs showed higher social orientation and affiliation toward their owners and higher affiliation and approach behaviors toward dog partners than when sprayed with placebo. Additionally, the exchange of socio-positive behaviors with dog partners triggered the release of endogenous OT, highlighting the involvement of OT in the development of social relationships in the domestic dog. These data provide new insight into the mechanisms that facilitate the maintenance of close social bonds beyond immediate reproductive interest or genetic ties and complement a growing body of evidence that identifies OT as one of the neurochemical foundations of sociality in mammalian species.

researching some soon, what's the half life? everything I read seems to be 5-10mins. Dosing just once a day?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
LiverKing01
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131