over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's the best way for preparing rice?

I use pressure cooker (ninja foodi) 4 cups of rice washed. When u wash white rice u need to like smash it against the pot, u want to take the outer layer of dirt and idk is it bleach or something off. Rubbing the grains together does this not just rinsing with rice. I'm part asian so I think I have more expertise with rice lol.

After u wash the rice drain as much water and add the same amount of cups of water to cups of rice. Pressure cook on high for 5 min and vent. Mix rice in pot. I was raised on rice.

I use pressure cooker (ninja foodi) 4 cups of rice washed. When u wash white rice u need to like smash it against the pot, u want to take the outer layer of dirt and idk is it bleach or something off. Rubbing the grains together does this not just rinsing with rice. I'm part asian so I think I have more expertise with rice lol.

After u wash the rice drain as much water and add the same amount of cups of water to cups of rice. Pressure cook on high for 5 min and vent. Mix rice in pot. I was raised on rice.
Finally! Pls explain to me the rinsing/washing of the rice, is this necessary?

Most people wash white rice because it's milled, so there's a layer of starch on the outside. And there's some surface starch that's actually on the rice. When you wash the rice, that surface starch kind of separates from the rice, and it stays in the water. When you actually wash, rinse, or soak white rice, it becomes less sticky. And when you cook it up, the kernels of rice separate and get more fluffy.

White rice is just brown rice with its outer layer milled off. So when you wash brown rice or whole-grain rice, it doesn't have the same effect because that outer layer is still on. So there's no real effect with whole-grain rice when you're washing it except for you're just removing any bits of rice that could be there with the milling process or any rice hulls that might have snuck past the milling process.

Interesting fact if you have plants the rice water is very good for plants

Most people wash white rice because it's milled, so there's a layer of starch on the outside. And there's some surface starch that's actually on the rice. When you wash the rice, that surface starch kind of separates from the rice, and it stays in the water. When you actually wash, rinse, or soak white rice, it becomes less sticky. And when you cook it up, the kernels of rice separate and get more fluffy.

White rice is just brown rice with its outer layer milled off. So when you wash brown rice or whole-grain rice, it doesn't have the same effect because that outer layer is still on. So there's no real effect with whole-grain rice when you're washing it except for you're just removing any bits of rice that could be there with the milling process or any rice hulls that might have snuck past the milling process.

Interesting fact if you have plants the rice water is very good for plants
I use instant rice for convenience, would you also rinse it before cooking?

In a future near you, you will eat the bugs and like it.
I know there's an "ick factor" in the US and Europe regarding the eating of insects but people eat bugs, grubs, larvae, and arachnids all over the world today, and have been for thousands of years. Some are actually pretty good. The big Thai water bugs (maeng da) taste something like black licorice. Cricket protein powder has a better amino acid profile than whey.

141102235237-edible-insects-entertain-feature.jpg

Absolutely disgusting

”Excuse me sir, can i interest you in some shredded cardboard?”
On the bright side 🤨 its high phytic acid content reduces your ability to absorb iron and zinc from food.

On the bright side 🤨 its high phytic acid content reduces your ability to absorb iron and zinc from food.
hmmmm
88CD0989-D6CA-4CE1-9A6B-83A75096C49E.jpeg
I’m only interested if after a full day of eating it, some comes out undigested

What i found that cooking in coconut or almond milk with spoon of cinnamon make it taste amazing. But like guys says wash it before to remove all dirt and starch. You can add teaspoon of coconut oil to it so it remove stickiness.
I really like the idea of adding a teaspoon of coconut oil, definitely going to give it a try.

Fuck brown rice. One of the biggest marketing scams in US history.
That´s a really ri-cist remark Slesh :p

I tend to favour Basmati, I wash it four times and make sure to cook enough so I have a decent amount left to make egg fried rice the following day. Most likely evryone´s seen the videos but still funny and somewhat educational:

It's not totally necessary but just like you rinse vegetables or fruits, if not just to clean dirt or unwanted particles/bugs from it.
Thanks pistonpump for some great contributions to this thread, I never wash my rice, but going to start to see if I can notice the difference.

That´s a really ri-cist remark Slesh :p

I tend to favour Basmati, I wash it four times and make sure to cook enough so I have a decent amount left to make egg fried rice the following day. Most likely evryone´s seen the videos but still funny and somewhat educational:

Guy is hilarious. He’s got a video about some cheap to the extreme woman, the shit she was doing to save money actually turned my stomach. And i’ve been around some pretty gnarly shit, never been affected, stank dead bodies included

My mother-in-law worked at a rice mill. Rats, birds, roaches, flies and other critters crawl on the rice on the conveyor belts. You should always rinse your rice 2-3 times before cooking it.
jeebus chryse
i actually LIKE sticky rice
my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

and where is this that they have rats on the equipment, bugs are one thing but rats?!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Cptinsomnia
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131