over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why guys aren’t competing

No need to compete to get attention these days.
I agree with that. Funny I spend most days and in the gym fully covered up. Attention is the last thing I’m looking for. 😂

I don’t want to spend the money.

My structure is limited. I can gain mass and get lean, but I don’t look amazing in some mandatories because my bone structure isn’t very aesthetically pleasing.

Also, I drew my line in the sand with drug use. I’ll go up to it, but not beyond. Beyond that line it’ll be too risky.

Also, a judge who promotes once told me “I appreciate all my customers”. He didn’t say athletes or participants. That Freudian slip was very truthful. To do a National level contest, I could spend that money elsewhere. I don’t make a ton, so it’s a lot of money to me. Mortgage, bills, life, etc.

If I do compete, it’ll be a local show that I can sleep in my own bed, go home between PJ and evening shows, and only for the purpose of self experimentation and goal setting. I’m not turning pro, so masters nationals isn’t financially worth the investment.

I don’t want to spend the money.

Money on the drugs, travel costs, or the coaches?

I don't make much money, I'm in the military but also a university student so I am very limited in choices. I can spend 3-400$ on a coach or as @b-boy said in an old thread spend that money on GH instead.

I know the problem is I can't commit to a bulk or a cut and just gain and lose the same 20lbs of water and glycogen year in and year out. I want a coach for the objective view to finally make progress because I am tired of spinning my wheels and all this time, effort, money spent with not much to show. However as you stated, I don't want to spend the money. I'm not competing I don't have the structure, I want to look good and be bigger/stronger, and a stage isn't necessary for that.

Money on the drugs, travel costs, or the coaches?

I don't make much money, I'm in the military but also a university student so I am very limited in choices. I can spend 3-400$ on a coach or as @b-boy said in an old thread spend that money on GH instead.

I know the problem is I can't commit to a bulk or a cut and just gain and lose the same 20lbs of water and glycogen year in and year out. I want a coach for the objective view to finally make progress because I am tired of spinning my wheels and all this time, effort, money spent with not much to show. However as you stated, I don't want to spend the money. I'm not competing I don't have the structure, I want to look good and be bigger/stronger, and a stage isn't necessary for that.

Competing. Drugs are cheap. Food doesn’t actually change much.

NPC Card
Entry fee
Fee for additional classes (open + masters)
Fake Tan
Trunks
Seats for a loved one
Back stage pass for a friend if you want
Hotel 2-3 nights
Gas/travel costs/flight
Parking lot cost
Opportunity cost of missing work
Dinner and/or Lunch out

All to let people who don’t compete or poorly competed criticize my body?

Hell, the vice president is a 28 year old kid who never competed whose grand pop runs the company.

What exactly am I paying for?

Competing. Drugs are cheap. Food doesn’t actually change much.

NPC Card
Entry fee
Fee for additional classes (open + masters)
Fake Tan
Trunks
Seats for a loved one
Back stage pass for a friend if you want
Hotel 2-3 nights
Gas/travel costs/flight
Parking lot cost
Opportunity cost of missing work
Dinner and/or Lunch out

All to let people who don’t compete or poorly competed criticize my body?

Hell, the vice president is a 28 year old kid who never competed whose grand pop runs the company.

What exactly am I paying for?
Holy hell, I didn't realize the cost. I want to do one show just for the experience but yeah I did not realize the costs, I pretty much have to decide between a vacation that year and competing, damn.

The idea that judges don't really have any training/qualifications, nor do they have to be bodybuilders themselves, all on top of the entire subjective nature of bodybuilding does really but a bad taste in my mouth.

If you are a superheavyweight bodybuilder, and you want to make money in competitions where the winners are known ahead of time and the contests are all fixed, you will be better off in professional wrestling, lol. And at least the audience will enjoy the show.

Holy hell, I didn't realize the cost. I want to do one show just for the experience but yeah I did not realize the costs, I pretty much have to decide between a vacation that year and competing, damn.

The idea that judges don't really have any training/qualifications, nor do they have to be bodybuilders themselves, all on top of the entire subjective nature of bodybuilding does really but a bad taste in my mouth.
There is no more expensive sport than this one. But if you have the itch you should at least compete once.

BUT I have to push back on some of the judges. Know what show you’re doing and who the judges are. There are many mods on here including @Big A who is a pro and judge or former judge.

At every show I’ve done the athletes meeting opens with the judges giving their credentials and qualifications. Know the show.

Are some judges not qualified? Sure. But many are very qualified. In terms of Tyler… he’s young and time will tell. Lol

There is no more expensive sport than this one. But if you have the itch you should at least compete once.
You obviously haven't taken up Formila 1 racing. 😂😂

It’s only extremely damaging if you think abuse is rewarded.

The outcome is rewarded.

How you achieve that outcome is your responsibility.

Just because you can’t achieve the outcome without abuse doesn’t mean it’s a requirement to be successful.
Few words so simple yet so clever. 👏

BUT I have to push back on some of the judges. Know what show you’re doing and who the judges are. There are many mods on here including @Big A who is a pro and judge or former judge.
Honestly, I’ve been in love with the stuff since a kid, been fiddle fucking with it for a decade, I think I really should just buckle down and get after at least once. Who knows maybe I’ll fall in love with it, I am as competitive as they come.
Hearing that about the judges is definitely reassuring!

Honestly, I’ve been in love with the stuff since a kid, been fiddle fucking with it for a decade, I think I really should just buckle down and get after at least once. Who knows maybe I’ll fall in love with it, I am as competitive as they come.
Hearing that about the judges is definitely reassuring!
Regret is a tough pill to swallow. Do a show. You will love it or hate it. But if you don’t you’ll regret it. Know I did when I stopped in my early 20’s to build my business and life. Hence I’m back now in my 30’s finishing business. Lol

But to be clear I don’t regret the order I did it in. Most competitors do it the opposite way. 😂

Regret is a tough pill to swallow. Do a show. You will love it or hate it. But if you don’t you’ll regret it. Know I did when I stopped in my early 20’s to build my business and life. Hence I’m back now in my 30’s finishing business. Lol

But to be clear I don’t regret the order I did it in. Most competitors do it the opposite way. 😂
Almost same story, was going hard in my early twenties, huge pause where my heart wasn’t in it, going through the motions generally. Back at it during my late 20s hopefully do one big ass off-season and compete before I hit 30? Gives me two full years to grow, well a year and a half because of prep.

Almost same story, was going hard in my early twenties, huge pause where my heart wasn’t in it, going through the motions generally. Back at it during my late 20s hopefully do one big ass off-season and compete before I hit 30? Gives me two full years to grow, well a year and a half because of prep.
I’m sure guys on here will tell you to throw some pics up. But if disciplined and done right that’s ample time to do some damage.

I’m sure guys on here will tell you to throw some pics up. But if disciplined and done right that’s ample time to do some damage.
I’ll throw some up next week after a refeed, to see if I should keep dieting or start the bulk.
Currently not a pretty site but transformations fast cause I’m back on the training/sauce after a 12 week layoff (gyno surgery recovery + in the field).

Thanks man, discipline is the one thing I never lacked I can follow a plan to a t. It’s just I never made concrete plans for bulks. But if I want to be even close to the weight caps for classic I got some serious LBM to put on, hope it’s enough time.

I’ll throw some up next week after a refeed, to see if I should keep dieting or start the bulk.
Currently not a pretty site but transformations fast cause I’m back on the training/sauce after a 12 week layoff (gyno surgery recovery + in the field).

Thanks man, discipline is the one thing I never lacked I can follow a plan to a t. It’s just I never made concrete plans for bulks. But if I want to be even close to the weight caps for classic I got some serious LBM to put on, hope it’s enough time.
What’s your height and weight cap? They just moved them up.

A lot of guys only think of coaches in the prep, but the off-season is where the real work comes in. Someone like Andrew Berry would be great- he’s excellent for off season and all around.

Look forward to the pics and following your progress.

What’s your height and weight cap? They just moved them up.

A lot of guys only think of coaches in the prep, but the off-season is where the real work comes in. Someone like Andrew Berry would be great- he’s excellent for off season and all around.

Look forward to the pics and following your progress.
Depending on the day and whose measuring between 171-173cm so cap is 197lbs.
Man Andrew Berry is the one I’ve been looking at the most, I listen to the podcasts he’s on and the positive reviews here. Unfortunately money is a bit tight for me since I don’t make that much currently. I’ll see what kind of progress I can make in the next six months and if it’s less than adequate I’ll link up with a coach at about a year out?

Depending on the day and whose measuring between 171-173cm so cap is 197lbs.
Man Andrew Berry is the one I’ve been looking at the most, I listen to the podcasts he’s on and the positive reviews here. Unfortunately money is a bit tight for me since I don’t make that much currently. I’ll see what kind of progress I can make in the next six months and if it’s less than adequate I’ll link up with a coach at about a year out?
Gotta do what you can afford, but I will say Andrew under charges significantly for his coaching and is month to month. Most top coaches are over double his rate and require a 6 month commitment and payment upfront.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Beans12
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131