mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The All Things 2023 Mr. Olympia Discussion Thread - News, Pics, Predictions etc.

Burton should be in the fisrt call, the best back in the show apart Derek and Hadi

14718933.jpg
14718936.jpg
He looks great but from he is narrow in the front double bicep

The absolute chokehold that Cbum has on a classic is ridiculous.

No one is touching him is an understatement.

He said it best in the press conference last night. He has really set the standard for Classic.

Really hoping he doesn’t retire anytime soon as others have speculated he might. I personally don’t think he does.
I think guys in classic are still trying to figure out conditioning. CBUM teaming up with Hany was a smart move because that’s his speciality.

It’s a different look than open which changes aspects of how you come in. Once these other guys mail that he will have some competition.

I think guys in classic are still trying to figure out conditioning. CBUM teaming up with Hany was a smart move because that’s his speciality.

It’s a different look than open which changes aspects of how you come in. Once these other guys mail that he will have some competition.
It is a different look structurally and size, but they are getting just as lean. Breon's glutes are peeled. That said, I thought the initial inception was not just a "smaller" but less conditioned competitor. Someone who actually reflected the golden era.

Fuck me up but I thought Breon looked like he should have been 2nd. He just looks better than Dino or Urs, guess its a good thing my opinion means fuck all lol

Natalia wins the FDB, all the others are from Sarah, she has better shoulders and triceps (importants for side shots), more pumped and bigger quads and a much more detailed and sharp back. Last year Natalia won for the abs pose, this year Sarah improved in that pose.
thanks for the explanation man, I feel like this category has evolved so much since it was newer. Thinking back to the year Dana won it, maybe that was the first year. She was soooo much smaller than these women. I guess men's physiques went through a similar evolution. I saw a pic of Sadik when he was doing physique and he couldn't believe how much smaller and softer he was than the guys doing it now.

Derek is so much better than Hadi in the back double bicep that you want to give him the win but Hadi kills him in the front lat spread, most muscular, and side chest, and everytime you see those crazy shredded obliques on Hadi you look at Dereks soft sides and its just impossible at that point to give it to Derek

Bumstead and his victory speech. I don't know maybe its just me but quit with the goddamn oh such a mental struggle bullshit, etc. Dude is a millionaire that lifts weights for a living in his private gym crying on the floor. I just dont want to hear that shit. Dudes out there working 60+ hour weeks supporting a family and tearing up the gym. Men with real problems getting kicked in the dick by life but just kicking right back. Fuck dude man up and shut up.

I think Nick with his size and conditioning could have hit 1st or 2nd.

I think competing in so many shows costed Samson this one which was my fear. It’s showing in his look IMO.

Derek wins most aesthetic look and from the back, but Hadi still has him on size and conditioning in some shots as that can only come from time of years of doing this.

It will really just come down to what the judges are looking for. I personally like Derek’s look all around better.
Why was that a fear, last year?

Derek has my less body fat on the lower back, and sides, obliques?, than Hadi.

If I had to pick which body I'd rather be in , Derek's.

bodybuilding is weird, peak Jay, Ronnie, Phil, Dex, hell, even Dennis would have absolutely destroyed this top 3.

then again I am an asshole, and thought Andrew looked better than everyone not named Hadi, and Hadi didnt even win lol

the tantrum Hadi threw though, that was garbage. That is local NPC show level bullshit.

Derek came back strong in the final! Congrats to all those guys!

Why was that a fear, last year?

Derek has my less body fat on the lower back, and sides, obliques?, than Hadi.

If I had to pick which body I'd rather be in , Derek's.
No this year. He’s competed and grown straight from the the Olympia to the Arnold and back to the Olympia this year. Didn’t leave much time for his body to heal and get as healthy as it could. Peaking once a year at that level is hard, but two shows spaced out that far…

I personally wanted Derek to win. It’s clear they awarded conditioning and symmetry this year with the winners.

I also think Ryan Terry brought a crazy level of conditioning in physique.

It was so damn close between the two, I personally had Hadi edging out Derek. Now this is speculation, it was so incredibly close between the two that I wouldn't be surprised if Derek edged Hadi out as being the better ambassador for the sport and holder of prestigious title of Mr O. Those Middle Eastern boys get the title and then disappear till next year's Mr O.

derek improved from last year tremendously, had not so much. And this concept of knocking the champ out is so stupid, whoever is better the night of the show should be the winner, regardless of who the champion is.

Just watched the end where Hadi walks off.

What a complete douche and what an insult to not only Derek but all of the competitors up there.

Im actually surprised bc Hadi and Derek are both coached by Hany so you would expect Hadi to have a better level of respect for Derek.

It was so damn close between the two, I personally had Hadi edging out Derek. Now this is speculation, it was so incredibly close between the two that I wouldn't be surprised if Derek edged Hadi out as being the better ambassador for the sport and holder of prestigious title of Mr O. Those Middle Eastern boys get the title and then disappear till next year's Mr O.
Honestly after watching Hadi’s reaction to getting 2nd, I’m glad he didn’t win.

Hopefully judges see and remember that. No one deserves to be a winner again after that stunt. Horrible sportsmanship. Horrible for the sport.

Hadi's reaction.....
He clearly hugged Derek and they exchanged heart felt words in that hug.
He did one pose with the top 5 then took his metal off and walked off, the guy is passionate about his craft, he was disappointed in his loss and wasn't going to do 10 PR photos for the league. I don't see it being so bad for him after that with the powers to be.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member