mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The All Things 2023 Mr. Olympia Discussion Thread - News, Pics, Predictions etc.

He talks in his victory speech and on his IG post how he lived for the moment and enjoyed the process.

I don’t think he retires. Why would he?

He does 1 show a year and no one is even close to touching him.
He talks every time about how difficult “this” prep was for him seemingly every time. He’s also already hinted in post about wanting to retire. Just my observations, obviously I could be wrong. He interviewed Iain recently after he (Iain) retired, and he seemed to be very excited and almost longing for the idea of stopping bodybuilding.

Of course though, only Chris really knows. I’m just speaking my mind from stuff I’ve seen and picked up on. I agree if he keeps going, he could get many more Olympia titles.

Hadi's reaction.....
He clearly hugged Derek and they exchanged heart felt words in that hug.
He did one pose with the top 5 then took his metal off and walked off, the guy is passionate about his craft, he was disappointed in his loss and wasn't going to do 10 PR photos for the league. I don't see it being so bad for him after that with the powers to be.

Come on bro. We are talking about the biggest stage in Bodybuilding. The whole Bodybuilding world watching and you take your medal off and walk off like a baby bc you didn’t win 1st.

Horrible sportsmanship.
Horrible for the Olympia.
Horrible for the sport.

And you can tell by the look on Derek’s face he was like wtf and shocked.

Complete scumbag move. Happy he didn’t win.
@b-boy I know you’re a respected member on here and guys are prob scared to disagree with you but sorry bro I whole heartedly disagree.

Complete scumbag move.

Its hard for people who will never be in the position that Hadi was or have a mind set of a champion to understand his reaction.

You lose a card game at most, Hadi lost the olympia

Do you guys think that Samson will ever be able to bring the conditioning needed under milos?

Its hard for people who will never be in the position that Hadi was or have a mind set of a champion to understand his reaction.

Most of us have played competitive sports in our life. Others in here have stepped on stage and competed.
Obviously not the superbowl, World Series, or Olympia but same concept but magnified x100000.

Classless act.
Horrible sportsmanship.

Do you guys think that Samson will ever be able to bring the conditioning needed under milos?
Against unpopular belief, I will say it… no. If I was him I would team up with another top coach. And I have mad respect for Milos as I say that.

He talks in his victory speech and on his IG post how he lived for the moment and enjoyed the process.

I don’t think he retires. Why would he?

He does 1 show a year and no one is even close to touching him.
He’s getting married, in his 30’s, has won 5 titles, has an autoimmune disease, has bad knee’s, past torn biceps and now a quickly healed lat tear… I could go on, but sometimes you have to know when to go out on top before your body breaks down in this sport as this is only his first act.

He never set out to even win the O. He still wants to be a husband, father, successful business owner and live a great functional life.

Don’t get me wrong, I would love to see him dominate for years to come, but we saw this with Jay Cutler and Ronnie. They eventually end up looking like shadows of themselves. CBUM hit his peak last year IMO, this year mirrored it so where does he got from here with all the above items…

Time will tell. Claurida (sp?) will have the same question to ask this off-season now that he’s a father and lost the 212 title.

Side note- just saw Nick’s latest FB post. He tears his hamstring and goes and gets married to Maria over the Olympia weekend... 😂 Only Nick Walker would do something like this.

Hadi's reaction.....
He clearly hugged Derek and they exchanged heart felt words in that hug.
He did one pose with the top 5 then took his metal off and walked off, the guy is passionate about his craft, he was disappointed in his loss and wasn't going to do 10 PR photos for the league. I don't see it being so bad for him after that with the powers to be.
He should do 30 PR photos for the league if they want him to. He's a professional.
He did congratulate Derek on IG, and I think Hadi is probably a good dude, but that was not a good look for him.

And the way his fans are attacking Derek on IG is straight up embarrassing...

He’s getting married, in his 30’s, has won 5 titles, has an autoimmune disease, has bad knee’s, past torn biceps and now a quickly healed lat tear… I could go on, but sometimes you have to know when to go out on top before your body breaks down in this sport as this is only his first act.

He never set out to even win the O. He still wants to be a husband, father, successful business owner and live a great functional life.

Don’t get me wrong, I would love to see him dominate for years to come, but we saw this with Jay Cutler and Ronnie. They eventually end up looking like shadows of themselves. CBUM hit his peak last year IMO, this year mirrored it so where does he got from here with all the above items…

Time will tell. Claurida (sp?) will have the same question to ask this off-season now that he’s a father and lost the 212 title.
I don’t disagree. I think his time is coming. However I think he goes for 6. He likes the “championship mentality” and often talks about MJ who went 6-0 in the finals. I think he goes for 6 next year and retires in the same fashion.

Y
It was so damn close between the two, I personally had Hadi edging out Derek. Now this is speculation, it was so incredibly close between the two that I wouldn't be surprised if Derek edged Hadi out as being the better ambassador for the sport and holder of prestigious title of Mr O. Those Middle Eastern boys get the title and then disappear till next year's Mr O.
Yup and fuck Iran 😂

Just watched the video where they asked Derek what he thought about Hadi walking off.

Class act response. Mentioned he was surprised but knew how he felt and he still respected him.

Im happy Derek won. Class act. He’ll be a good champion.

I did not see so can’t judge but if that is bad sportsmanship it is not mindset of a champion it is mindset of a spoiled brat. Win with humility, lose with grace, respect yourself, your opponents and the sport. Don’t make a fool of yourself, have some character. What good is it to have big muscles or anything at all if you are a whiny little brat?

I did not see so can’t judge but if that is bad sportsmanship it is not mindset of a champion it is mindset of a spoiled brat. Win with humility, lose with grace, respect yourself, your opponents and the sport. Don’t make a fool of yourself, have some character. What good is it to have big muscles or anything at all if you are a whiny little brat?
I get it and can only imagine what went through his head. But look at Shaun in 212 when he lost- that is how you handle a loss. If you want to be Mr. Olympia, act like it.

Let’s put it this way, if anyone pulled that at a local show… they would not want to go back and compete again the next year. Judges and promoters remember that shit.

Just my .02 going off the video footage. We can’t win them all or control the outcome, but we can control how we conduct ourselves.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
scrawl
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws