over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Belt squat

joos23

Sponsor Rep
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
How you guys like the belt squat? My gym doesn't have one, but I can buy the belt and a collar and use it on a landmine bar to resemble the same concept

I like belt squats as long as you have a belt and chain that doesn't dig into your groin area.

Long-legged guy here. I have never felt that Belt Squats did much for my quads and for hamstrings there are far better exercises. The problem I've had Belt Squats, and to be fair, I've only ever used a Pit Shark, is the weight going down and back in a pendulum-like direction. This feels (for me), very similar to a low bar, hips/butt back powerlifting style squat (the way the Westside guys are taught to squat). This makes perfect if you know the history of the belt squat and how they were very popular in powerlifting gyms well before other gyms started to buy them. So for the purpose of powerlifting, they are great (getting some volume work without overtaxing the low back).

And yes, I've tried them with Olympic lifting shoes, elevated heels, reversing my body's orientation to the weight arms. I just felt that I had better options for both hams and quads to really want to use them often. In fact, I felt that elevating the heels for the Pit Shark didn't really change much of anything. However, Arsenal's Belt Squat and also the Squatmax look like they might be better than the Pit Shark that I used. Arsenal in particular (based on their unique design) looks like it might be good for quads. Again, I'm long legged and it might be a totally different story for a lifter with different anthropometrics.

Im a fan. I have a lever arm belt squat but have used plates or heavy kettlebell directly under me whilst stood on boxes. I was always a shit back squatter and when I changed to training solely at home until I had a leg press my leg options were limited. The iron mind belt is decent.

I've used an old WSB platform model with pulleys that was in their gym in the early 90s I think. I have a leverage unit (good one with real arm length not the Facebook "can you even copy this" one that's constantly advertised. I have longer legs and they hit my quads decently.

For me it's a lower stress way to get additional and relevant leg volume in (like after deads). My mainstays are medium bar/stance back squats and SSB.

Used a belt squat machine at my gym that I loved recently. Cant remember brand name of it but it looks quite high end, but it was one of the few things that I can do for legs that doesnt bother my right knee. Didnt even have to wear wraps like I generally do because of my problem knee. I'm also planning on ordering a belt which I can use with my landmine in my garage and If it even works half as well I'll be happy. Not exactly sure what it is about the movement that seems to put more stress on my upper quads and hips and less on the knees.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Thiccthighsshan
NapsGear