advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Can EQ impact my cholesterol in 10 days?

bereal23

Registered
My last 2 lipid panels were September of last year and today. I started eq 10 days ago and kept my test at my usual 100mg per week. Here is a comparison from last panel to today. Can EQ cause this big of an impact in 10 days? I was not fasting for today's test and I'm not sure if I was fasting for the first one. Not sure if that matters.

200 total to 244 total
124 LDL to 170 LDL
42 HDL to 45 HDL

The fasting absolutely will alter the result and would account for the difference if you were fasted for the last one.

Any anabolic steroid will alter lipids. they do the same thing in your body so why wouldn’t they

That long ester. 10 days its barely getting started. It might though a little lol.

What else have you used since September of last year? Also, what has the diet looked like in that same period of time?

not fasting = results are pretty useless

This is inaccurate. For Trigs- Yes. HDL/LDL no.
In the medical field, there’s ALWAYS evidence that supports both sides of the debate, but from my real world experience as a medical professional I can tell you I’ve seen drastically higher numbers in patients (both Triglycerides and HDL/LDL) compared to fasting and non-fasting. Upon retest their numbers are always lower when fasted and most of the time correlates more closely to their overall health status. I personally do fasted for all to be on the safe side. That’s just what I’ve experienced but we’re all adults here so do what you feel is best!

Equipoise is very unlikely to cause a 20% difference in 10 days as it usually doesn't affect lipids anymore than test does. Although you haven't told us the dose. From my own experience when I have failed to fast properly it makes a huge difference to ldl not just triglycerides.

Calories deficit will generally improve lipids. Were you dieting last time?

I always take bloods fasted. Did it this morning and dont consume anything but water from 10pm the night before.

Again. Wrong. (with the exception of Trigs)

I do understand this is the latest from the medical community and there is evidence this is the case, but I do think it goes deeper than that. When I discussed this with a close friend (he's a cardiologist) his response was in many people it does impact triglycerides far more but people are terrible at fasting so as long as I can get them to just get their bloods done and not worry about fasting it's at least a stable measure verse people always lying about if they fasted or not so it become more of a "holly hell just eat like normal and I'll figure out what it means".

I work in orthopedics, so don't know as much about this stuff (and I'm not saying he knows it all either...that's one cardiologist but he agrees with you on not needing to fast) but his view is basically this...

1. he does see a decent variance in all lipids from eating and believes it's primarily due to most people eating higher fat diets
  2. he doesn't think it matters much since most americans are always in a "fed state"...we are always eating so he wants to see the state of the bloods during "normal times
  3. people bitch and moan about fasting so much and many don't fast it's easier for him to differentiate the results if they just eat normal

All I'm really saying is everyone may be right. It appears to not impact HDL and total cholesterol as much as previously thought, but there is also a metric ton of practical reasons for the general population it makes sense to not fast.

I'd still argue most people are getting tri's done with their lipid panel and for the most accurate view it's better to fast.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Thiccthighsshan
NapsGear