over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gains stopping after 8 weeks because myostatin

smaug

Banned
It's been said that after 8 weeks of a cycle, muscle gains stop due to myostatin.
And to keep growing you'd need to add more anabolics. But myostatin would still be at its highest levels. What to do?

Many are already at a high dose from the beginning.

Should someone start at a lower dose and build up?
Do an oral at the end of cycle?
Run slin for a month at the end of a cycle?
Cruise on a a higher than Trt dose of test to return myo to normal levels before blasting?
I guess one could start a myostatin inhibitor after 8 weeks if they can find a legit inhibitor.

Would there be the benefit of using a myo inhibitor throughout from the very beginning?

I was considering my normal cycle but for a longer period, but why if I won't gain much after 8 weeks. My normal 10 week cycle: testp: 300mg, npp 400mg, trenD 800mg.
I know its a lot but this is my favorite cycle.

Good cycles are multi-tiered.
Switching/adding/upping compounds, rotating anabolics...adding gh, slin, an oral....
You should make these moves by anticipating the stall, not stalling and then reacting. Keep your body guessing.

Never considered adding a myostatin inhibitor, but if you can get a legit one...it's a great idea to run alongside or add in.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Read this:

Myostatin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Myostatin

Myostatin-related muscle hypertrophy - Genetics Home Reference

So there it is folks. There are studies suggesting that after about 56 days or around the 8 week mark of a cycle, your myostatin levels are so ridiculously high that is it nearly impossible to make LBM gains after the fact unless you introduce a more anabolic compound at this point. There is also evidence that after cycling for 20 weeks, myostatin levels eventually return to baseline and won't elevate gain. At this point, LedHed proposed a great way to take advantage of this. This would be for advanced users only.

Let's say your cycle is:
Test E 1-20
Dbol 1-4
NPP 1-8
EQ 1-20

Myostatin will inhibit gains by week 8, correct? Now we introduce tren ace at week 7 for about 6 weeks. Myostatin will still be high but we can get some more LBM this way since tren is such a powerful androgen. Cycle continues..

Test E 7-13
Tren ace 7-13
EQ 7-13

At this point, there's nothing we can do for additional LBM except wait for myostatin to return to baseline. Now, we drop test and eq to a cruising dose (test 200mg, eq 200-250mg)

Test E 14-20
EQ 14-20

At week 20, myostatin has retuned to baseline. In theory, we can now blast again without myostatin becoming a hindering factor.

Test E 20-?
Tren E 20-?
EQ 20-?
Mast E 20-?
Primo 20-?

take some raw fertile eggs... That will decrease your myostatin

Good cycles are multi-tiered.
Switching/adding/upping compounds, rotating anabolics...adding gh, slin, an oral....
You should make these moves by anticipating the stall, not stalling and then reacting. Keep your body guessing.

Never considered adding a myostatin inhibitor, but if you can get a legit one...it's a great idea to run alongside or add in.

Your thoughts on an oral and/or slin at the end of a cycle?

Myo inhibitors... I'm more inclined to use what works.
What works: creatine, gh, vitamin d, fertile eggs (follistatin), and epicatechin at 200mg for someone 200 pounds.

Your thoughts on an oral and/or slin at the end of a cycle?

Myo inhibitors... I'm more inclined to use what works.
What works: creatine, gh, vitamin d, fertile eggs (follistatin), and epicatechin at 200mg for someone 200 pounds.

Why at the end of the cycle? Throw in an oral and slin at week 8. Change the anabolic as well.

Test/NPP WKS 1-8
Test/Tren/oral/slin 9-16

You're telling me you won't grow?

Why at the end of the cycle? Throw in an oral and slin at week 8. Change the anabolic as well.

Test/NPP WKS 1-8
Test/Tren/oral/slin 9-16

You're telling me you won't grow?

Oh no, I'm not saying that.
Also, I only like test to function.
I personally think its a weak muscle builder which is why I do lower test higher npp/tren.

I'm curious about the difference in gains if you used an oral/slin in the beginning vs the end.
I won't do an oral/slin longer than four weeks.

This is the dumbest shit I've ever read. Gains stop after 8 weeks. LOL.

Long ester gear - I don't even START SEEING gains until 4 weeks so you're telling me all this years of running 12-16 week cycles the gains I've made after 8 weeks are not LBM gains?

Bull fucking shit. Lol.

This must be what you are talking about.

Measurement of myostatin concentrations ... [Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

"In men treated with graded doses of testosterone, myostatin levels were significantly higher on day 56 than baseline in both young and older men; changes in myostatin levels were significantly correlated with changes in total and free testosterone in young men."

I wonder if it's a question of localized growth factors causing gain after "8 weeks" on cycle verses systemic growth at the beginning.

8 weeks? So gains stop at 8 weeks without a myostatin inhibitor?

So what did people do before myostatin inhibitors? Was everybody running around eating fertile eggs?

Sounds about right to me based on the cycles I've run. Gains will slow dramatically UNLESS you increase dosage or switch to a more powerful anabolic.

Oh, we are talking about muscle protein synthesis. You can certainly continue to gain "weight".

Last edited:
This is the dumbest shit I've ever read. Gains stop after 8 weeks. LOL.

Long ester gear - I don't even START SEEING gains until 4 weeks so you're telling me all this years of running 12-16 week cycles the gains I've made after 8 weeks are not LBM gains?

Bull fucking shit. Lol.

^^^^ This.

In my experience, initial gains include water, and those last for 4 to 8 weeks. After that the gains slow, because you aren't gaining any more water. But they continue for a long long time after that, so long as you are eating above maintenance and getting a good diet.

My trainer who knows more about this than anyone I know has been telling me he thinks you can continue to gain for months or even potentially for years. You just have to have the right combination of training, diet and AAS.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
DrDiesel
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner