over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

NASM exam

Press

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
ok so i am going for my nasm certificate in a few months but i am feeling really overwhelmed. some words i cant even pronounce never mind remember the definition. any tips would be very appreciated!

If the test is the same as it was a few years ago, its just a multiple choice one in front of a computer monitor at a proctored site. Know their formats and each of their sections, including little things like costumer service and their names and orders of their program designs, etc. To be completely honest, once you pass the test you really won't use much of the material every again, the best way to become a good trainer is train, observe, be professional, read a lot of specific topic articles and videos, and stay open minded. Don't trash any other training styles, like crossfit or yoga as much as you don't agree with them (if you don't) as it will only make you look insecure in your profession. As far as advice for the best, just study bro, lol that's about all I can tell ya.

If the test is the same as it was a few years ago, its just a multiple choice one in front of a computer monitor at a proctored site. Know their formats and each of their sections, including little things like costumer service and their names and orders of their program designs, etc. To be completely honest, once you pass the test you really won't use much of the material every again, the best way to become a good trainer is train, observe, be professional, read a lot of specific topic articles and videos, and stay open minded. Don't trash any other training styles, like crossfit or yoga as much as you don't agree with them (if you don't) as it will only make you look insecure in your profession. As far as advice for the best, just study bro, lol that's about all I can tell ya.
great advice. I'll be taking mine soon. I was certified with IFPA in the 90s, not sure if that company is even around anymore. I paid $500, they send a video tape in the mail, I watched the videos, was suppose to mail it back then they send the test, they said keep the video. They sent the test got a 100% on it and didn't even cheat. very basic. It got me clients though so...
When I'm asked about other styles of training that PT's use I don't put em down at all. I say, "well they all work to some extent if the person really puts effort and is consistent..." I find, not putting other styles or people down, really make a good impression on others.

Thanx bro and i know i gotta study :p but there are different ways of going about it. from what im reading a lot of people are using flash cards.

I don't know anything about these PT certs themselves but I am familiar with these certification type tests. If you spend some time googling it you should find practice tests and even a lot of examples of actual test questions. Type in "brain dumps" along with any keywords that would indicate the test your taking.

Thanx bro and i know i gotta study :p but there are different ways of going about it. from what im reading a lot of people are using flash cards.

Flash cards don't help with this test. Almost none of the test was on definitions. Don't worry about that. Most of the test is about client/trainer relationship. And how you progress a specific exercise to the next level. I was berry surprised. If you study fir it like a typical college class you won't do well. Example would be. How do progress the single arm DB press to the next phase. Or if your client is feeling unmotivated what would you do to helps. These would be multiple choice mind you.

I have a NASM and ACE cert and like what someone else already said 90% of the material you won't use ever again IMO...do you have any schooling or experience in Exercise Science or Kinesiology? Because if you do you'll be perfectly fine with the test...they ask a lot of client scenario questions so be sure you know that pretty well before taking it.

thanx for the replies. i got the eTeach program which helps you study for the exam. its guaranteed to help you pass. we will see :)

I was just gonna suggest that, they refund you if you don't pass

Its a pretty easy test bro. youll be fine. if you can score around 85 or over on the practice test i wouldnt worry. its multiple choice so you will have the correct answer staring you in the face every time

the practice tests really help me, as you have 120 questions to answer in 2hrs
can't spend to much time on them, flash cards are also very good as they help you center on the important stuff, take your time (there's a muscle appendix at the end of your book, make sure you know all your muscles and what they are for).

do you know what a ball cobra is? I didn't...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131