over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

"Systemic" Cellulitis?

hawkmoon

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hi all
I'm spending another week here in the same hospital I had my quad surgery dowe. I had an infection in my right knee and they cleaned out behind the patella where there was encapsulated fluid.

I also got diagnosed with Cellulitis in the right calf. No fever, only mild redness, but some good swelling and kickass pain.

Doc keeps knocking on about how "steroids" contributed to this, just as they contributed to the quad rupture. He's a good guy and great surgeon and is putting no pressure on me, but his views seem pretty cemented.

Thing is, while we know cellulitis can happen from a dirty injection I only inject my glutes, certain not my calf nor even my quads.

Is it at all possible for cellulitis to be systemic but exhibit only locally, and somewhere far from the injection?

I can't find any cases or literature that support this. This closest I can get is that sometimes AAS can weaken the immune system (and sometimes strengthen it).
No good evidence there, as it seems as likely as random chance to cause an issue.

I did start GH about a week before symptoms showed, subq abdominal for what that's worth.

Thoughts?

this is probably no help,lol, i have had cellulitis twice, once when i got cut across the knee with some rusty ass barbed wire, another is when i got bite by a cat, both times were local, it sounds like you are saying that you had localized cellulitis to the calf secondary to another location never heard of that, you sure not a misdiagnosis? maybe another skin disorder/problem that mimics cellulitis? was you calf red/inflamed? you ever had a dvt? maybe someone can give better details.

No idea but One time I decided to try pinning calves. I never get pip. 1 cc prop in each. Cellulitis in each. So bad I was walking with a cane. It then went down my legs gradually. Below calf, into ankles, then feet, then it was like it left my body. 2008 about can't remember if I got meds to speed up it going away. But it did go down my body. I've got it before and it moved away from the site but never like that. Example bicep and spreading into forearm. But I did get meds that time so had I not maybe it could have gone into my hand. Meds knocked that one out quick.

Do they have you on some sort of antibiotic drip currently? If so what are they using?

Cage

Do they have you on some sort of antibiotic drip currently? If so what are they using?

Cage
Yep pretty aggressively so, about 4-5 times a day it seems. Cannot remember the name ( in Japanese) but it's for tissue infection and staph. I'm allergic to sulfa-class antibiotics.

this is probably no help,lol, i have had cellulitis twice, once when i got cut across the knee with some rusty ass barbed wire, another is when i got bite by a cat, both times were local, it sounds like you are saying that you had localized cellulitis to the calf secondary to another location never heard of that, you sure not a misdiagnosis? maybe another skin disorder/problem that mimics cellulitis? was you calf red/inflamed? you ever had a dvt? maybe someone can give better details.
I was concerned about DVT and had that checked first. Fortunately I am clear, but prone with F2 thrompbophilia.

i dont think the calf is from injecting your ass.
usually cellulitis is local and due to cell death i think.
thats a reason to rotate injection sites.

was it the same leg that they had to drain?
i would think an infection in the knee would be more probably to spread to the calf.

Hi all
I'm spending another week here in the same hospital I had my quad surgery dowe. I had an infection in my right knee and they cleaned out behind the patella where there was encapsulated fluid.

I also got diagnosed with Cellulitis in the right calf. No fever, only mild redness, but some good swelling and kickass pain.

Doc keeps knocking on about how "steroids" contributed to this, just as they contributed to the quad rupture. He's a good guy and great surgeon and is putting no pressure on me, but his views seem pretty cemented.

Thing is, while we know cellulitis can happen from a dirty injection I only inject my glutes, certain not my calf nor even my quads.

Is it at all possible for cellulitis to be systemic but exhibit only locally, and somewhere far from the injection?

I can't find any cases or literature that support this. This closest I can get is that sometimes AAS can weaken the immune system (and sometimes strengthen it).
No good evidence there, as it seems as likely as random chance to cause an issue.

I did start GH about a week before symptoms showed, subq abdominal for what that's worth.

Thoughts?
If it came systemically from an injection then it would be in your blood and you would be septic as well. Did they do a blood culture? If its not in your blood, not sure how it would travel to the calf.

LK3 and muscle96ss echo what I was thinking. If it's the same leg as the knee infection it could have traveled down to the calf. Ask him why he used the word systemic. He could have possibly misspoke. Like muscle96ss said, if it were systemic it would be in your blood and that would be sepsis. I also can't find any literature on "systemic cellulitis."

Aside from that, best of luck recovering! How did the knee become infected?

So the knee infection was after quad repair? Man that really sucks, to state the obvious. Staph is one of the worst too, they'll probably put you on several weeks of antibiotics.
I'm no expert but from what I've read and experienced you don't have to see a "source" for cellulitis, like a cut or a poke or whatever. Lot of times it just happens on an area of healthy looking skin. The cellulitis though is small potatoes compared to your knee infection and whatever antibiotic they're using for that would be killing the causative organism of the cellulitis too. Best wishes on your recovery man, this is really a bummer

LK3 and muscle96ss echo what I was thinking. If it's the same leg as the knee infection it could have traveled down to the calf. Ask him why he used the word systemic. He could have possibly misspoke. Like muscle96ss said, if it were systemic it would be in your blood and that would be sepsis. I also can't find any literature on "systemic cellulitis."

Aside from that, best of luck recovering! How did the knee become infected?
Systemic was my choice of term and it's not local and I was puzzled if it did travel how it would not be more widely exhibited.

So the knee infection was after quad repair? Man that really sucks, to state the obvious. Staph is one of the worst too, they'll probably put you on several weeks of antibiotics.
I'm no expert but from what I've read and experienced you don't have to see a "source" for cellulitis, like a cut or a poke or whatever. Lot of times it just happens on an area of healthy looking skin. The cellulitis though is small potatoes compared to your knee infection and whatever antibiotic they're using for that would be killing the causative organism of the cellulitis too. Best wishes on your recovery man, this is really a bummer
The knee infection is now over 8 months later. One of the pieces or research imread said that bacteria could be present for two years or more.

Hi all

Thoughts?
Back in 2020 I was diagnosed with cellulitis...it was in my mid thigh...I had been shooting some shitty T400 into my glutes...somehow the infection had spread from glutes to my thigh...this led to taking the antibiotic Clindamycin which led to clostridium dificile (chronic diarrhea) which led to an anal fissure which led to a fistula which led to an abscess which led to a fistulotomy surgery last April...good luck...

Hi all

Thoughts?
No. The only time it can systemic is if you have bacteremia (, bacteria in the blood) in which case you will be a lot sicker. High fevers, rigors, and so on. Is your gear pharmaceutical? Or underground.

if underground and contaminated even if it travelled from site of injection, it’s unlikely cause the the glutes or wherever you inject will be painful and inflamed as well.

Have they ruled out Deep vein thrombosis with An ultrasound? Make sure you ask them to rule this out if they have not.

Is it possible your doc is confusing anabolic steroid with corticosteroids? You would certainly think and orthopedic surgeon is not that ignorant but never know

Hi all

Thoughts?
Are your blood sugars , or were they running high when you started gh? As you know gh can increase glucose, which can “bring” out the infection that was maybe being kept at bay by your own body. This is why diabetics are more prone to infection.

After you get a knee or hip replacement they will have a person take antibiotics prior to dental cleaning as bacteria can enter your blood stream and reach the replaced body part cannot fight the infection. Here bacteria can travel from the mouth to the knee. They also won't do these surgeries until 3 months following the person's last steroid injection to the same body part as corticosteroids are know to reduce the bodies ability to fight infection at least locally. I didn't think anabolic steroids reduced infection fighting but repetitive injecting does offer a way for infection to enter the body and blood stream.

I hope you infection goes away soon. They can be a shitting thing to deal with. Good luck HM.

The knee infection is now over 8 months later. One of the pieces or research imread said that bacteria could be present for two years or more.
That's part of what makes staph such a mf'r. It can lurk basically anywhere in our body (joints, bones, heart, blood, CNS, literally any organ) and even after treatment it can pop up again, hence why they do such long courses of antibiotics. As pointed out above, implantation of any hardware increases the risk but i don't think that applies following quad tear repair

Back in 2020 I was diagnosed with cellulitis...it was in my mid thigh...I had been shooting some shitty T400 into my glutes...somehow the infection had spread from glutes to my thigh...this led to taking the antibiotic Clindamycin which led to clostridium dificile (chronic diarrhea) which led to an anal fissure which led to a fistula which led to an abscess which led to a fistulotomy surgery last April...good luck...
Damn man that sucks. My dad developed c diff after being treated for pneumonia. Failed so many courses of antibiotics for the c diff that they did a stool transplant, which my dad said fixed him that day. Kind of a funny thing to think of, being a stool donor. If i eat a lot of taco bell, does that make me a better or worse stool donor? Do they give stickers like they do for donating blood? "I donated stool today"

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131