mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why does HGH increase my Prolactin levels?

shutupnlift

Newbies
Hello folks,

I've injected 1 week 4-5 iu of HGH daily (morning) and i checked my blood on the 8th day:

Prolactin: 680 (3x higher than higher reference range)
Testosterone: 10.5 nmol/liter (pretty low for my age of 24)
IGF-1: 287 ng / ml (its okay)

Can anyone give me a scientific explanation why HGH may increase prolactin levels? Can prolactin itself cause gyno or does IGF1 cause it?

What can you do while on HGH to prevent Gyno? Do you only need to bring down prolactin or also estrogen?

Thank you

Hello folks,

I've injected 1 week 4-5 iu of HGH daily (morning) and i checked my blood on the 8th day:

Prolactin: 680 (3x higher than higher reference range)
Testosterone: 10.5 nmol/liter (pretty low for my age of 24)
IGF-1: 287 ng / ml (its okay)

Can anyone give me a scientific explanation why HGH may increase prolactin levels? Can prolactin itself cause gyno or does IGF1 cause it?

What can you do while on HGH to prevent Gyno? Do you only need to bring down prolactin or also estrogen?

Thank you

Generic or pharmaceutical grade?

"Synthetic HGH is comprised mainly of the 22Kda (kilodalton) isoform. Natural HGH the body produces is comprised of a multitude of different HGH isoforms with different binding affinities. The 22Kda isoform makes up the majority of monomeric HGH the body produces, yet is still a very small total percentage compared to the ratios the pituitary releases.

22Kda GH has an extremely high binding affinity to the extracellular prolactin receptor domain (PRL-R). To a greater extent than 20Kda HGH or other HGH dimers, tetramers, etc.
This means that synthetic 22Kda HGH WILL activate the PRL-R just as prolactin would.
So, it is not an increase in prolactin, but rather the direct HGH affinity for the prolactin receptor that causes the sides attribited to prolactin induced gyno."

"Synthetic HGH is comprised mainly of the 22Kda (kilodalton) isoform. Natural HGH the body produces is comprised of a multitude of different HGH isoforms with different binding affinities. The 22Kda isoform makes up the majority of monomeric HGH the body produces, yet is still a very small total percentage compared to the ratios the pituitary releases.

22Kda GH has an extremely high binding affinity to the extracellular prolactin receptor domain (PRL-R). To a greater extent than 20Kda HGH or other HGH dimers, tetramers, etc.
This means that synthetic 22Kda HGH WILL activate the PRL-R just as prolactin would.
So, it is not an increase in prolactin, but rather the direct HGH affinity for the prolactin receptor that causes the sides attribited to prolactin induced gyno."

But i also had higher prolactin levels in my blood?

It is generic HGH, however, I rather think of TRH being part of the problem. As T4 and T3 are both decreasing over time, more TRH is released -> more TSH -> thyroid running high

problem with that is that TRH also releases prolactin

anyone comments?

Last edited:
But i also had higher prolactin levels in my blood?

It is generic HGH, however, I rather think of TRH being part of the problem. As T4 and T3 are both decreasing over time, more TRH is released -> more TSH -> thyroid running high

problem with that is that TRH also releases prolactin

anyone comments?

Most all GHRP's and GHRH's increase prolactin. I wonder if it's actually a gh peptide in your HGH vial? With generics you never know.

Most all GHRP's and GHRH's increase prolactin. I wonder if it's actually a gh peptide in your HGH vial? With generics you never know.

Yes it is HGH (got lab reports), but of course its never 100% sure. However, most users on eroids report that it is NOT ghrp6 or 2 and is indeed HGH (side effects profile).

I've read on numerous forums that HGH can increase Prolaction, but why? Can somebody explain to me what is the chain of action that the body produces more Prolactin?

Is it due to the thyroid gland and the lower ft4 due to HGH and the body increases TRH (= more TSH + prolactin) in order to get more ft4?

Hello,

the easiest explanation for this might be cross sensitivity between blood prolactin and blood HGH tests that are most commonly used in biological laboratories.

I was thinking the same thing....used to run 10iu of the old rips a day and never so much as gyno or prolactin problem. Tried a small peptide cycle and prolactin induced sides come on like crazy.

Hello,

the easiest explanation for this might be cross sensitivity between blood prolactin and blood HGH tests that are most commonly used in biological laboratories.

That is very interesting, because on the day I did bloods i pinched 2 iu of HGH before taking bloods (45 minutes before).

That might indeed explain why my Prolactin increased. Is it possible that the laboratory did measure GH instead of the true prolactin as they amino-acid profile of the both hormones is 85% identical?

Hello,
I've looked into this more and it seems to not be a problem with modern tests.
If you can inquire the lab about the method used, it could be a help - or just ask them about cross-sensitivity of specific assay they use.

I remember, that a few years ago this was an issue.

Hope I helped at least a little.

Cheers

// An example of a test with 0 cross reactivity: https://system.netsuite.com/core/me...6aaa06e53e8bfaf7998&_xt=.pdf &addrcountry=US

Yes it is HGH (got lab reports), but of course its never 100% sure. However, most users on eroids report that it is NOT ghrp6 or 2 and is indeed HGH (side effects profile).

I've read on numerous forums that HGH can increase Prolaction, but why? Can somebody explain to me what is the chain of action that the body produces more Prolactin?

Is it due to the thyroid gland and the lower ft4 due to HGH and the body increases TRH (= more TSH + prolactin) in order to get more ft4?

Neuroendocrine integration, endrocrine neurons in the hypothalamus, TRH, stimulate prolactin release by the pituitary. You can now search Google images and find the feedback loop you are looking for. It is not uncommon to find hyperprolactinemia in patients with primary hypothyroidism; a thyroid profile appearing similar to that of prolonged exogenous GH use, when considering diminished thyroid health.

Now there are other hormones that stimulate prolactin release as well, for now we will remain on topic. How long have you been administering GH? What was your lab value anyways? you have yet to mention this. If this increase in serum prolactin is acute then I would question your product. Onset of elevated prolactin from exogenous GH is not something that occurs immediately; growth hormone secretagogues can result differently.
What lab reports did you receive regarding your product, lab analysis? I'm not talking serum or IGF-1.

That is very interesting, because on the day I did bloods i pinched 2 iu of HGH before taking bloods (45 minutes before).

That might indeed explain why my Prolactin increased. Is it possible that the laboratory did measure GH instead of the true prolactin as they amino-acid profile of the both hormones is 85% identical?

Increased to what? Hopefully the lab is not conducting the wrong test, confusing the two (GH and prolactin), or pregnant women all over will soon think they'll step on stage within a year. The world is not ending just because prolactin has increased some; you could ejaculate 45 minutes before the lab draw and increase prolactin.

The amino acid profile resemblance has more to do with what JohnJuan brought up earlier regarding the binding affinity of the two.

Last edited:
I was doing _GH for a total of approx. 4 weeks.

I was doing first bloods after 8 days (@ 4 iu daily):

IGF-1: 287 ng / ml
Prolactin: 27.5 (reference range is until 15)
total T: 10.5 nmol / liter
fT4: 10.5 (at the low end of the range)

I continued for around 2 weeks and then stopped the GH due to signs of Gyno and took Tamoxifen for 7 days @ 20 mg and did bloods:

Prolactin: 17.6 (reference range until 15)
total T: 22.5 nmol / liter
fT4: 11.7
Progesterone: 1.3
Estrogen: 119

Estrogen is 34 pg / ml (119 converted).

this image seems to be pretty interesting:

**broken link removed**

Dopamine + SS inhibit PRL secretion
TRH + Oxitocin + Estradiol increase PRL secretion

From the information of this feedback loop, when doing HGH only, would it therefore make sense to supplement T4 (or T3) in order to let the body not increase TRH (and therefore Prolactin)?

Or is this nonsense?

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
crankyfranky28
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws