over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Heart Enlargment

Dicksneeze

Registered
I have been dosing clen off and on for cycles for the past couple of years. Maybe three or four 1 month cycles in the last 2 years, as well as peptides here and there.

My recent ECG showed that I have an enlarged right atrium and an enlarged left ventricle. I now have to see a cardiologist to determine the severity of these issues but I fully attribute them to peptides and clen use.

Just an FYI y'all.

I have been dosing clen off and on for cycles for the past couple of years. Maybe three or four 1 month cycles in the last 2 years, as well as peptides here and there.

My recent ECG showed that I have an enlarged right atrium and an enlarged left ventricle. I now have to see a cardiologist to determine the severity of these issues but I fully attribute them to peptides and clen use.

Just an FYI y'all.

LOT of Bro Science going on in this thread. First off, anyone who lifts heavy weight often or trains intensely in other forms (does a lot of sprinting, etc.) will have an enlarged left ventricle (aka athlete's heart). Second, It's unlikely that peptides enlarged the heart as they do NOT substantially raise IGF levels for prolonged periods of time like GH does (thus why they dont work as well for fat loss, etc.) Comparing IGF levels from peptide use (or even direct IGF use) to that of someone running 4-5iu of GH for 4-6 months would be laughable. Third, the type of heart damage caused by Clen is not an enlargement, but rather apoptosis or heart muscle cell damage/death (see study below). Finally, high dose GH/AAS (especially in combination) can cause enlarged heart. Several studies show the two in unison seem to have a synergy for this. But it is unlikely that the Clen itself and peptides caused this enlargement. Clen simply is not noted for causing heart enlargment - just trying to separate fact from fiction. However, Clen is NOT good for the heart when used in high doses and often. Enlarged hearts run in my family so I have done some reading on this. You, like me, could just have a genetic propensity to have a slightly enlarged heart. AAS/GH and weight training itself further enhances this.

It's been known for some time that clenbuterol at high doses causes cardiac necrosis. This study in animals shows that doses of 1 mcg/kg BW induce apoptosis (programmed cell death) in heart tissue. Humans not uncommonly ingest this much clen. For instance, in a 220 lb (100 kg) bodybuilder this translates to 100 mcg - a common high end dose.

J Appl Physiol. 2004 Dec 10; [Epub ahead of print] Related Articles, Links

{beta}2-Adrenergic receptor stimulation in vivo induces apoptosis in the rat heart and soleus muscle.

Burniston JG, Tan LB, Goldspink DF.

Research Institute for Sports and Exercise Sciences, Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool, United Kingdom.

High doses of the beta2-adrenergic receptor (AR) agonist, clenbuterol, can induce necrotic myocyte death in the heart and slow-twitch skeletal muscle of the rat. However, it is not known if this agent can also induce myocyte apoptosis and whether this would occur at a lower dose than previously reported for myocyte necrosis. Male Wistar rats were given single subcutaneous injections of clenbuterol. Immunohistochemistry was used to detect myocyte specific apoptosis (detected on cryosections using a caspase 3 antibody and confirmed using annexin V, single-strand DNA labelling and TUNEL). Myocyte apoptosis was first detected at 2 h, and peaked 4 h after clenbuterol administration. The lowest dose of clenbuterol to induce cardiomyocyte apoptosis was 1 microg kg(-1), with peak apoptosis (0.35 +/- 0.005 %; P<0.05) occurring in response to 5 mg kg(-1) . In the soleus, peak apoptosis (5.8 +/- 2 %; P<0.05) was induced by the lower dose of 10 microg kg(-1). Cardiomyocyte apoptosis occurred throughout the ventricles, atria and papillary muscles. However, this damage was most abundant in the left ventricular subendocardium at a point 1.6 mm, that is, approximately one-quarter of the way from the apex towards the base. beta-AR antagonism (involving propranolol, bisoprolol or ICI 118,551) or reserpine was used to show that clenbuterol-induced myocardial apoptosis was mediated through neuromodulation of the sympathetic system and the cardiomyocyte beta1-AR, whereas in the soleus direct stimulation of the myocyte beta2-AR was involved. These data show that when administered in vivo, beta2-AR stimulation by clenbuterol is detrimental to cardiac and skeletal muscles even at low doses, by inducing apoptosis through beta1- and beta2-AR, respectively.

One could speculate that the apoptosis, if extensive enough, could cause a thickening of the heart walls and a reduction in output/volume (i.e. heart failure) but I do not believe a literal ENLARGEMENT phenomenon is going on, at least not that I have read about.

Last edited:
Totally.
Tons of bro science.

However, clenbuterol also yielded three very negative changes. First, after just four weeks, clenbuterol-treated rats were unable to maintain their normal swimming or running training intensities, while clean rodents were quite capable of continuing. Secondly, the hearts of the clenbuterol-taking, trained rats increased dramatically in size compared to the hearts of sedentary rats, but the heart expansion was probably due to the infiltration of collagen fibres into the heart walls, not an increase in heart-muscle cells. Collagen is a tough connective tissue which doesn't augment heart-muscle power but in fact stiffens the heart, potentially leading to a decrease in cardiac output. Increases in collagen may also produce cardiac arrhythmias. Thirdly, clenbuterol rats suffered from noticeable cardiac-cell degeneration.

-('The Effects of Clenbuterol on Skeletal and Cardiac Muscle of Rats when Combined with Aerobic and Anaerobic Exercise, ' Biochemistry of Exercise Ninth International Conference Abstracts, #117, p 75, 1994)

I don't have a genetic propensity of this.

Last edited:
Your study probably implicates heart cell damage and the resulting collegen build up. This makes sense, as Clen harms the heart tissue. Dont want to imply Clen cant cause LVH/thickening of the wall because some of this probably can occur from chronic high blood pressure, which Clen contributes to greatly, and also direct tissue/cell/fiber necrosis & damage of the heart wall which can cause some thickening/rigidity. I just meant Clen itself is not known for direct heart enlargement so much in humans as the AAS/GH use is. Further, keep in mind athletes heart is well documented cause of LVH when NO anabolics are used. I just doubt some peptides and some sporadic clen usage did a whole hell of a lot unless you were using crazy doses. Just things to keep in mind before you go blaming yourself. My uncle has an enlarged heart at 55 and needs an implanted defib. He doesnt smoke, drink or use any kind of drugs. He doesnt exercise and is slightly overweight but nothing crazy. Diet is average. Themz the breaks in the genetic lottery. I'll probably die young due to my "habits."

Some studies from what I referenced above:
AAS/GH = LVH - Karila TAM, Karjalainen JE, Mantysaari MJ, Viitasalo MT, Seppala TA. Anabolic Androgenic Steroids Produce Dose-Dependent Increase in Left Ventricular Mass in Power Athletes, and this Effect is Potentiated by Concomitant Use of Growth Hormone. Int J Sports Med 2003; 24: 337-343.
Sader MA, Griffiths KA, McCredie RJ, Handelsman DJ, Celermajer DS. Androgenic anabolic steroids and arterial structure and function in male bodybuilders. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2001 Jan;37(1):224-30.

"Athlete's Heart" - Dickerman RD, Schaller F, McConathy WJ
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, Tex., USA. Cardiology 1998 Oct;90(2):145-8 -- "we have demonstrated that left ventricular wall thicknesses >/=13 mm can be found routinely in elite resistance-trained athletes who do not use anabolic steroids."

Last edited:
I have my echo later this week so it will be interesting to see how it turns out. Maybe the guy will tell me I'm still within normal limits. I've only been taking clen off and on for two years so hopefully it's not too late to stop some of this shit.

Fuck man, not to sound like a bitch but this stuff is scary.

I have my echo later this week so it will be interesting to see how it turns out. Maybe the guy will tell me I'm still within normal limits. I've only been taking clen off and on for two years so hopefully it's not too late to stop some of this shit.

Fuck man, not to sound like a bitch but this stuff is scary.

I think you'll be ok. Odds are you probably had a slightly enlarged heart from lots of weight training and it was not the clen. Either way, a slightly enlarged heart is not all that bad. It's observed in many athletes. I'm sitting in a much worse place. Both father and uncle have heart failure due to enlarged hearts. I'm playing with fire.

Last edited:
Holy shit man you're playing with fucking napalm if that's the case.

Keep us posted with how the echo goes .. and like G.I. said .. your prob o.k. Its good it opened your eyes to do something about it even if Clen wasn't the main cause .. I'm sure it doesn't help though.

Holy shit man you're playing with fucking napalm if that's the case.

I'm not going to bs. Possessing this knowledge and understanding yet continuing to use AAS/GH is a good indicator of addiction and addiction like behavior. I know many others here have faced the same realities.

Well no offense, but the biggest coward is someone who knows his addictions but is too weak of a man to break free of their bonds. Whether those bonds are insecurity or egotistical in nature. Right now your bonds will kill you, I just hope they weren't put in place by how you want the people around you to perceive you.

I too was this way, then I had my son and I stopped doing a lot of things based on how I thought people viewed me. Now I do everything based on how he will view me.

You gotta break free man.

Sorry to hear about this from both of you. Glad you brought this up sneeze and please keep us updated. Good luck.

So my heart is enlarged and we did a repeat EKG this morning and we couldn't get my fucking heart rate below 100 I was so god damn nervous.

I saw down with three doctors and we all determined that yes, my heart is enlarged but being as I am not showing symptoms (No shortness of breath, chest pain, palpitations, etc) that they weren't going to send me to a cardiologist. We will just get bi-weekly EKG's to see if anything changes.

I'm going to be swearing off of clen from now and I am making my pre-workout from now on as well using base ingredients. No more prop blend shit. I found higenamine in my preworkout which is an adrenergic receptor (like clenbuterol) - so the doubling of these things I highly doubt was helpful.

I'm not sure what else to say. I'm taking GW right now which is not going to cause any of this. Plus I just love the fucking balls out of that stuff.

Totally.
Tons of bro science.

However, clenbuterol also yielded three very negative changes. First, after just four weeks, clenbuterol-treated rats were unable to maintain their normal swimming or running training intensities, while clean rodents were quite capable of continuing. Secondly, the hearts of the clenbuterol-taking, trained rats increased dramatically in size compared to the hearts of sedentary rats, but the heart expansion was probably due to the infiltration of collagen fibres into the heart walls, not an increase in heart-muscle cells. Collagen is a tough connective tissue which doesn't augment heart-muscle power but in fact stiffens the heart, potentially leading to a decrease in cardiac output. Increases in collagen may also produce cardiac arrhythmias. Thirdly, clenbuterol rats suffered from noticeable cardiac-cell degeneration.

-('The Effects of Clenbuterol on Skeletal and Cardiac Muscle of Rats when Combined with Aerobic and Anaerobic Exercise, ' Biochemistry of Exercise Ninth International Conference Abstracts, #117, p 75, 1994)

I don't have a genetic propensity of this.

IDoes the study say how much Clen the rats were fed? Hope I don't come off as someone who is pro Clen…..but, I'm willing to bet they gave these rats a super sized dosage

To determine some of clenbuterol's actions, scientists at the University of Melbourne in Australia recently gave clenbuterol to laboratory rats at dosages of 2 milligrams per kilogram of body weight per day. Some of the rats followed a completely sedentary lifestyle, while others sprinted on treadmills or engaged in endurance swim training. Clenbuterol did have a couple of potentially positive effects: Sedentary rats which ingested clenbuterol had larger muscles than clenbuterol-free, sedentary rodents, and clenbuterol users also transformed leg-muscle cells from slow-twitch to fast-twitch fibres, a surprising change which would tend to increase anaerobic energy production and magnify muscle power during short, intense exertions.

In addition, although sedentary, clenbuterol-treated rats were more muscular than clenbuterol-free, sedentary rats, clenbuterol was unable to boost muscle mass among either the swim- or treadmill-trained rodents. It appears that, in spite of its popularity, clenbuterol is a potentially dangerous drug which offers very few positive effects for either the power or endurance athlete.

('The Effects of Clenbuterol on Skeletal and Cardiac Muscle of Rats when Combined with Aerobic and Anaerobic Exercise, ' Biochemistry of Exercise Ninth International Conference Abstracts, #117, p 75, 1994)

I'm assuming micrograms not milligrams. Millgrams would be A LOT.

Last edited:
2.1 Animals

The investigation conforms with the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals published by the US National Institutes of Health (NIH Publication No. 85-23, revised 1996). Experiments were approved by the University of Nice Animal Care and Use Committee.

Ten-week-old male C57/BL6J (Janvier, France) mice were subcutaneously injected with GW0742 (Glaxo Smith Kline) or GW501516 (Alexis Biochemicals) dissolved in DMSO at 1 mg/kg once daily (2 p.m.) according to the duration of treatment (24, 48, 96 h). Controls received DMSO injections. Cyclosporine A (CsA) (Sigma) dissolved in DMSO was administered daily (9 a.m.) by subcutaneous injection in a dose of 20 mg/kg. Clofibric acid (Sigma) was injected one time a day (2 p.m.) in a dose of 300 mg/kg. Propranolol (Sigma) dissolved in PBS was injected subcutaneously in a dose of 0.5 mg/kg. Physical training was performed by keeping the animals in cages for voluntary physical exercise (Techniplast, Italy), equipped with a running wheel (25 cm diameter), for 5 weeks.

Yeah, I think its best to be super cautious with these compounds as they are all pretty new. There is little to no research on the long-term effects.

Stay safe

So my heart is enlarged and we did a repeat EKG this morning and we couldn't get my fucking heart rate below 100 I was so god damn nervous.

I saw down with three doctors and we all determined that yes, my heart is enlarged but being as I am not showing symptoms (No shortness of breath, chest pain, palpitations, etc) that they weren't going to send me to a cardiologist. We will just get bi-weekly EKG's to see if anything changes.

I'm going to be swearing off of clen from now and I am making my pre-workout from now on as well using base ingredients. No more prop blend shit. I found higenamine in my preworkout which is an adrenergic receptor (like clenbuterol) - so the doubling of these things I highly doubt was helpful.

I'm not sure what else to say. I'm taking GW right now which is not going to cause any of this. Plus I just love the fucking balls out of that stuff.

if you have concern see the cardiologist, they will obviously know alot more about the heart than a family physician.

As well, a cardiologist is the one that has to read your echo (how did that go?)

We're waiting a couple of weeks. I have a flight physical coming up this week and I do not want any history of cardiac shit in my military record prior to that or it will hurt my chances. My Doctor is looking out for me on that front and while he thinks it's nothing to be too concerned about he still wants to send me to see a cardiologist. In the interim he says I will be ok and waiting a couple weeks won't hurt.

Sorry for not keeping y'all updated.

How you doing man? I have taking a prolong break from things as I find myself anxious about the potential long term effects of many of the things used for BBing and cosmetically. I like the phrase: It is a marathon, not a sprint

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131