over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My BSL readings with Mk677

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
Currently using 10mg mk677 pwo on mon/tues/thurs/fri. Pretty low dose but it definitely affects fasting glucose. Yesterday I took my levels about one hour after my pre-workout drink which was 30 carbs 30 g of protein and I was 71. Then 90 minutes later post workout I took my levels again and I was 73. Then I have my post workout drink 60 carbs from waxy maize 50 g whey and 10min later bsl was 84 then 30min later 115 which assume is normal from the insulin spike. So yesterday around 4 PM was my last dose of 10 mg MK 677 and this morning at 8 AM I took my fasting glucose and it was 99. Normally I'm around high 70's. I'm curious how fast acting MK 677 affects this so I'm going to do an experiment and not take my MK 677 today and check BSL tomorrow morning to see if there is a difference.

Update. Took 10mg mk677 again pwo Friday around 4pm. Sat morning fasting bsl was 99 again. Took Saturday off from mk677 and this morning(Sunday) bsl was 88. So that's an 11 point drop with being off mk677 for 39hrs. Today is another off day from mk677 so I will test bsl again tomorrow morning.

I'm going to start in a couple of weeks with MK and CJC DAC on my cycle...are you using any glucose disposal agents or metformin? I am using Berberine/R-ALA/Cinnamon and planning to keep doing so with MK

I'm going to start in a couple of weeks with MK and CJC DAC on my cycle...are you using any glucose disposal agents or metformin? I am using Berberine/R-ALA/Cinnamon and planning to keep doing so with MK

Yes 500mg metformin 2x per day(12pm and 6pm) but I don't think they have an effect on MK 677 because even when I was off metformin like 6mo ago my BSL was 99 fasting.

What I don't understand is how it can effect fasting glucose levels in the morning when it does not affect glucose levels throughout the day.

What I don't understand is how it can effect fasting glucose levels in the morning when it does not affect glucose levels throughout the day.

That is indeed interesting. I wonder if some of the OTC supps would make a difference, though. What is the half life of metformin? What I like about R-ALA is the half life is 17-22 hours so it's always in the system, perhaps adding some of the OTC supps to the regimen could bring down that AM blood glucose level since the Met is probably way out of your system by that point?

Last edited:
That is indeed interesting. I wonder if some of the OTC supps would make a difference, though. What is the half life of metformin? What I like about R-ALA is the half life is 17-22 hours so it's always in the system, perhaps adding some of the OTC supps to the regimen could bring down that AM blood glucose level since the Met is probably way out of your system by that point?

6hrs but it's supposed to be systematic once you have been on it a while. Maybe I'll try taking a metformin in the morning fasted and check bsl 1 and 2hrs later.

6hrs but it's supposed to be systematic once you have been on it a while. Maybe I'll try taking a metformin in the morning fasted and check bsl 1 and 2hrs later.

Yeah, worth seeing what the difference is IMO

Bsl this morning was again the same 88-90. It's been 63 hrs since last dose of Mk677. I will continue to not take Mk and take bsl every morning the next few days or so to see if it drops. I had a huge cheat meal last night so not sure if that can still effect bsl but we shall see tomorrow.

This is from Chris Kesser's website:

One caveat here is that very low-carb diets will produce elevated fasting blood glucose levels. Why? Because low-carb diets induce insulin resistance. Restricting carbohydrates produces a natural drop in insulin levels, which in turn activates hormone sensitive lipase. Fat tissue is then broken down, and non-esterified fatty acids (a.k.a. “free fatty acids” or NEFA) are released into the bloodstream. These NEFA are taken up by the muscles, which use them as fuel. And since the muscle’s needs for fuel has been met, it decreases sensitivity to insulin. You can read more about this at Hyperlipid.

So, if you eat a low-carb diet and have borderline high FBG (i.e. 90-105), it may not be cause for concern. Your post-meal blood sugars and A1c levels are more important.

*If you’re following a low-carb diet, fasting blood sugars in the 90s and even low 100s may not be a problem, provided your A1c and post-meal blood sugars are within the normal range.

Thebigone, it's interesting that your post meal glucose levels are normal. Are you using a low carb diet? Even if you are not, I wonder if the MK-677 is producing similar fasting blood glucose effects?

The question in this case is if FBG is the best indicator of insulin sensitivity when exogenous hGH or peptides are being used? If 1-2 hr post meal glucose levels are normal, wouldn't that suggest the cells are still insulin sensitive? Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can chime in.

Ok it's now been another day and morning bsl was 90 again. I think my reader isn't that accurate bc one finger will say 104 then another will say 89,etc... When I had actual bloods drawn in the past off mk677 my fasting glucose was high 70's, low 80's so I'm not sure if my reader is off or if my levels are higher from still having trace amounts of mk677 in me. I'll keep checking every morning.

This is from Chris Kesser's website:

Thebigone, it's interesting that your post meal glucose levels are normal. Are you using a low carb diet? Even if you are not, I wonder if the MK-677 is producing similar fasting blood glucose effects?

The question in this case is if FBG is the best indicator of insulin sensitivity when exogenous hGH or peptides are being used? If 1-2 hr post meal glucose levels are normal, wouldn't that suggest the cells are still insulin sensitive? Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can chime in.

No I'm eating around 250-300 carbs. I'm on 500mg metformin 2x per day as well. Last night after dinner(50carbs) I checked my bsl and it was 99.

OK so this is weird. My fasting glucose this morning was 90. A few hours later I had my first meal which was 50 carbs 50 protein in 15 fat. No metformin.I checked my blood sugar levels two hours later and they were 79. How could my blood sugar levels with food in my system be lower than they are first thing in the morning fasting?

OK so this is weird. My fasting glucose this morning was 90. A few hours later I had my first meal which was 50 carbs 50 protein in 15 fat. No metformin.I checked my blood sugar levels two hours later and they were 79. How could my blood sugar levels with food in my system be lower than they are first thing in the morning fasting?

It's not abnormal for your BSL to be higher in the morning than it is mid day. Not to mention 90 isn't out of range for fasted BSL which is 70-99

Ok it's now been another day and morning bsl was 90 again. I think my reader isn't that accurate bc one finger will say 104 then another will say 89,etc... When I had actual bloods drawn in the past off mk677 my fasting glucose was high 70's, low 80's so I'm not sure if my reader is off or if my levels are higher from still having trace amounts of mk677 in me. I'll keep checking every morning.

yea those glucose meters can vary wildly. many of them on the market are not just inaccurate, they are inconsistent too. I've had very similar things happen to me in the past with various meters

So today I decided to skip my Metformin and use some humalog pre workout. Did 7iu and immediately drank 75g waxy maize with 50g whey. Checked my bsl 45min later and it was 92. Then I had 50carbs from gatoraid and some bcaa's while training and post training I had another 50g waxy maize with 50g whey. Checked bsl 30min later and again it was around 92-93.

So its been a few weeks now since my last dose of MK677 and this morning my bsl was 91. So all in all it seems like it only took around 24-36hrs of being off mk677 for bsl to go back to baseline. On the mk my bsl was 99 and it looks like im naturally around low 90's. Im going to start dieting now but would like to still keep mk677 in my stack. You think a 9-10point higher bsl will hinder gains?

So its been a few weeks now since my last dose of MK677 and this morning my bsl was 91. So all in all it seems like it only took around 24-36hrs of being off mk677 for bsl to go back to baseline. On the mk my bsl was 99 and it looks like im naturally around low 90's. Im going to start dieting now but would like to still keep mk677 in my stack. You think a 9-10point higher bsl will hinder gains?

I highly doubt 9 points matters.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity