over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ractopamine

BigTex

Registered
What do you guys know about this stuff? This is the first I have heard of it so I was curious and searched. Here is what I found:

Ractopamine is a drug that is used as a feed additive to promote leanness in pigs raised for their meat. The feed additive Paylean, produced by the U.S. company Elanco Animal Health, owned previously by Eli Lilly and Company, contains ractopamine hydrochloride. Paylean was approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration on December 22, 1999, and has also been approved in more than 20 countries, including Australia, Brazil, Canada, Mexico, and Thailand.[1] However it is banned in other countries, including China and Malaysia; which prohibited its use in 2002. [2]

Ractopamine in feed for animals is responsible for dramatic muscle growth, yet it is not a steroid or hormone, but rather a compound known as a beta agonist. Only a trace amount of ractopamine need be added for a marked increase in protein and decrease in fat accretion in animals, in particular swine. For the last 90 pounds of live weight gain, a mere 18.5 grams of ractopamine added to a ton of feed (20 ppm) will increase protein by 24% and decrease fat by 34%.[3]

1. Elanco products
2. "China stops imports from Canadian pork plant over banned additive", Canada Press (2007-09-19)
3. "Ractopamine, Response, Economics, and Issues, Allan P. Schinckel, Purdue University

That's a new one on me also.

remember how clen used on animals make them grow/anti catabolic etc?

samething here,,,pigs grow off this beta agonist but humans will not

and i read taht it down regulates beta adrenaline receptors, so another shitty side effect.

i say NAY

remember how clen used on animals make them grow/anti catabolic etc?

samething here,,,pigs grow off this beta agonist but humans will not

and i read taht it down regulates beta adrenaline receptors, so another shitty side effect.

i say NAY

Ahhhhhh...yes I remember that. You're probably right. I will pass on this one.

Threads like this are why I have this forum bookmarked.

I'm not going to write off Ractopmine just yet because there's just not enough primate-based research findings available. I will keep looking around for those who do first or second party primate research with it and weigh their findings as well.

I haven't found anything detailed on dosing and related protocol for hogs and such, so I wouldn't have a clue on how to figure it out for primates.

Hopefully, it will turn out to be something worthwhile for some subjects.

I saw the write up on this as well..they make it sound really exciting but thats to be expected.

I saw the write up on this as well..they make it sound really exciting but thats to be expected.

JF, can you direct us to the write up?

Here is a copy of the email I got and I will surely post the description when I see ti on the web site.

Ractopamine is here and available in 1lb mylar sealed bags. If you have not done any research on the is product I suggest to read about it. It will be up by the end of this weekend. 100% quality from Elanco. The only manufacturer of the product. They are a division of Eli Lilly.

This product is an agricultural product and is used for show catlle, or cattle before slaughter.

The info you bros. posted above is the same info I've seen. The site that sent that e-mail hasn't added much to their online description except that it comes in 600mg. amounts. It seems very affordable, and I was told by that research house that "a little goes a long way" but wasnt given any details on what that actually means..like what would the average dose be for an adult male? Is 600mg a weeks supply...a month..longer?? and the info that I found at various websites is pretty limited. I've seen nothing on human research. Anyone giving this a try just be careful...start small..(just how small who knows..and whether the company even tells you how many mg. in a tea spoon , etc. we dont know that either).

Last edited:
The info you bros. posted above is the same info I've seen. The site that sent that e-mail hasn't added much to their online description except that it comes in 600mg. amounts. It seems very affordable, and I was told by that research house that "a little goes a long way" but wasnt given any details on what that actually means..like what would the average dose be for an adult male? Is 600mg a weeks supply...a month..longer?? and the info that I found at various websites is pretty limited. I've seen nothing on human research. Anyone giving this a try just be careful...start small..(just how small who knows..and whether the company even tells you how many mg. in a tea spoon , etc. we dont know that either).

Ractopamine is a drug that is used as a feed additive to promote leanness in pigs raised for their meat. The feed additive Paylean, produced by the U.S. company Elanco Animal Health, owned previously by Eli Lilly and Company, contains ractopamine hydrochloride. Paylean was approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration on December 22, 1999, and has also been approved in more than 20 countries, including Australia, Brazil, Canada, Mexico, and Thailand. However it is banned in other countries, including China and Malaysia; which prohibited its use in 2002. Ractopamine in feed for animals is responsible for dramatic muscle growth, yet it is not a steroid or hormone, but rather a compound known as a beta agonist. Only a trace amount of ractopamine need be added for a marked increase in protein and decrease in fat accretion in animals, in particular swine. For the last 90 pounds of live weight gain, a mere 18.5 grams of ractopamine added to a ton of feed (20 ppm) will increase protein by 24% and decrease fat by 34% WE SUPPLY THIS IN 1LB SEALED MYLAR POUCHES. THIS PRODUCT IS FOR SHOW CATTLE AND SWINE.

good info...I did find an old thread on another forum where a guy was posting his results from it. it definitely seemed to be doing something for him in terms of leaning out, muscle hardness and greater endurance. He was ingesting 1-4 ounces at a time of the Paylean brand which isn't pure HCL as we're discussing here. I dont know what the forum rules are here in terms of posting links to other sites so if anyone wants to see the actual thread just hit me up through pm.

Some additional info

Here's an article I found while searching for info on ractopamine. It doesn't really have info pertaining to bodybuilding applications, but it has some data on dosages and toxicity in mice, monkeys, and dogs. It also has some data on human trials using ractopamine as a bronchodilator.
(LD50 was shown to be different for different test animals, so there's no concrete safe dosage for humans yet, but a low starting dose would be like approx. 0.125mg/kg of bodyweight. But don't take my word for it. I'm not recommending anyone use that dosage. )

Here's the URL.
http://www.inchem.org/documents/jecfa/jecmono/v31je09.htm

I guess this is sort of a summary of the article.
Skim through this if the whole article is too long for ya ..

---------

3. COMMENTS

Results of various studies were reviewed by the Committee,
including pharmacokinetic, biotransformation, acute and short-term
toxicity, reproductive, teratogenicity, and genotoxicity studies and
a limited number of studies in humans.

Studies with 14C-ractopamine in several species have
indicated rapid absorption following oral administration. In pigs,
labelled ractopamine was excreted almost quantitatively;
approximately 88% was recovered in urine and 9% in faeces during a
7-day period. Studies in pigs, rats, and dogs fed 14C-ractopamine
showed three major metabolites, identified as monoglucuronides of
ractopamine.

In acute studies, ractopamine was substantially more toxic
orally to the rat (LD50 approximately 450 mg/kg bw) than the mouse
(LD50 approximately 3000 mg/kg bw).

The genotoxic potential of ractopamine was evaluated in a
limited series of in vitro and in vivo studies, all of which
were reported to be negative. However, in the absence of a
carcinogenicity study, and as human exposure is likely to be
extensive, the Committee concluded that additional genotoxicity
testing would be desirable.

The short-term toxicity of ractopamine has been evaluated in
mice, rats, dogs, and monkeys. Ractopamine was fed to B6C3F1
mice for 3 months at doses of 25, 175, or 1250 mg/kg bw/day. The
most significant effect noted was a dose-dependent decrease, both
absolute and relative, in testicular weights. In both males and
females in the highest-dose group, absolute and relative heart
weights were increased. However, no histopathological changes were
observed in either the heart or the testes. A clear NOEL could not
be established in this study.

Fischer 344 rats were fed doses up to approximately 155 mg/kg
bw/day for 3 months. The highest-dose group showed decreased
body-weight gain, increased food consumption, decreased efficiency
of food utilization, and an increase in serum potassium
concentration. There was a decrease in uterine weight in rats of
this group and a slight reduction in spleen weight in the top two
groups. The NOEL was 1.3 mg/kg bw/day in this study.

Beagle dogs were given three doses daily, 6 h apart, totalling
0.112, 0.224 or 5.68 mg/kg bw/day of ractopamine in gelatin capsules
for 1 year. Treatment-related minor histopathological findings were
limited to the high-dose group and to the liver. The occurrence of
mild nocturnal bradycardia, most prominent during the first

6 months, meant that a clear no-effect level was not observed in
this study. The Committee noted that the quantity of ractopamine
residues consumed in 500 g of meat from animals slaughtered without
a withdrawal period would closely approach an ADI derived from the
lowest dose of 0.112 mg/kg bw/day and a safety factor of 100.

In a further study of cardiovascular effects, rhesus monkeys
were given either vehicle or ractopamine at 0.125 mg/kg bw/day for
90 days by gavage. This dose was 2.5 times the single dose known to
produce tachycardia and peripheral vasodilation in the dog. In
addition, the selected dose exceeded the total daily dose
(0.112 mg/kg bw/day) associated with nocturnal bradycardia in the
1-year dog study. The NOEL for this study was 0.125 mg/kg bw/day.

Rhesus monkeys were given ractopamine at doses of 0.25, 0.5, or
4 mg/kg bw/day once daily by gavage for 6 weeks to determine the
doses to be used in a 1-year study. Monkeys given 4 mg/kg bw/day
developed daily tachycardia which was maximal by 30 min agter
dosing, and continued for 16 h. Monkeys in the group did not
demonstrate the significant slowing of the nocturnal heart rates
seen in the other groups. The NOEL for this study was 0.5 mg/kg
bw/day.

The effect of ractopamine on reproductive and developmental
performance in Sprague-Dawley rats was evaluated at dosage levels of
up to 2000 ppm in the diet. Significant effects, which included a
reduction in mean litter size and an increase in the total number of
resorptions, were restricted to the high dose which was also
maternally toxic. The NOEL was 200 ppm, equal to 15 mg/kg bw/day, in
this study. The Committee considered the teratogenicity segment of
this study to be adequate to assess developmental toxicity. A minor
teratogenic response was observed only at the highest dose
(2000 ppm) tested, at which maternal toxicity was also noted.

The bronchodilator and inotropic effects of ractopamine were
evaluated in pilot clinical trials in humans. Four patients showed
little evidence of bronchodilator activity, central nervous system
stimulation, or an increase in pulse rate. Two patients showed a
mild elevation of blood pressure lasting for about 1 hour. An
infusion study showed inotropic and chronotropic enhancement in both
healthy volunteers and heart patients.

good info...I did find an old thread on another forum where a guy was posting his results from it. it definitely seemed to be doing something for him in terms of leaning out, muscle hardness and greater endurance. He was ingesting 1-4 ounces at a time of the Paylean brand which isn't pure HCL as we're discussing here. I dont know what the forum rules are here in terms of posting links to other sites so if anyone wants to see the actual thread just hit me up through pm.

interesting,,,one guy so far right? i will wait lol

also since the supplier has pure salt form then i guess it can be resuspended and shot right?

...The bronchodilator and inotropic effects of ractopamine were
evaluated in pilot clinical trials in humans. Four patients showed
little evidence of bronchodilator activity, central nervous system
stimulation, or an increase in pulse rate. Two patients showed a
mild elevation of blood pressure lasting for about 1 hour. An
infusion study showed inotropic and chronotropic enhancement in both
healthy volunteers and heart patients.

interesting, particularly the bit on inotropic and chronotropic enhancement in humans

also since the supplier has pure salt form then i guess it can be resuspended and shot right?

Good question on the injection..Id like to know that too.

I emailed my supplier a couple of days ago about his ractopamine and he said that it is packed in 1lb mylar bags and contains 600mg of pure ractopamine. I can't quote his exact words right now cuz my office network won't let me log in to any outside email accounts, but it sounded like he was saying that a whole pound of that stuff only contained 600mg of pure ractopamine. Maybe it's not pure ractopamine salt, but "Paylean", the feed additive fed to pigs.

Also, ractopamine is fed to pigs mixed with their daily chow, not injected, so wouldn't that mean that it can be consumed orally like clen?

Last edited:
I emailed my supplier a couple of days ago about his ractopamine and he said that it is packed in 1lb mylar bags and contains 600mg of pure ractopamine. I can't quote his exact words right now cuz my office network won't let me log in to any outside email accounts, but it sounded like he was saying that a whole pound of that stuff only contained 600mg of pure ractopamine. Maybe it's not pure ractopamine salt, but "Paylean", the feed additive fed to pigs.

Also, ractopamine is fed to pigs mixed with their daily chow, not injected, so wouldn't that mean that it can be consumed orally like clen?

I don't think they're just offering "Paylean" as you can buy 15 pounds of it for the price that research site is selling pure ractopamine for. My swine ingested 1 level teaspoon of it and got clen like side effects.:rolleyes:
After receiving, its obviously meant to be eaten..

I don't think they're just offering "Paylean" as you can buy 15 pounds of it for the price that research site is selling pure ractopamine for. My swine ingested 1 level teaspoon of it and got clen like side effects.:rolleyes:
After receiving, its obviously meant to be eaten..

Clen like effects? Too much for my blood pressure.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws