over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

So much for SSRIs ! Hah

G.I.Bro

Banned
Registered
Serotonin not found to be a major player in depression - Medical News Today

New evidence puts into doubt the long-standing belief that a deficiency in serotonin - a chemical messenger in the brain - plays a central role in depression. In the journal ACS Chemical Neuroscience, scientists report that mice lacking the ability to make serotonin in their brains (and thus should have been "depressed" by conventional wisdom) did not show depression-like symptoms.

Donald Kuhn and colleagues at the John D. Dingell VA Medical Center and Wayne State University School of Medicine note that depression poses a major public health problem. More than 350 million people suffer from it, according to the World Health Organization, and it is the leading cause of disability across the globe. In the late 1980s, the now well-known antidepressant Prozac was introduced. The drug works mainly by increasing the amounts of one substance in the brain - serotonin. So scientists came to believe that boosting levels of the signaling molecule was the key to solving depression. Based on this idea, many other drugs to treat the condition entered the picture. But now researchers know that 60 to 70 percent of these patients continue to feel depressed, even while taking the drugs.

Best cure for depression? Diet, exercise and TRT! Mens sana in corpore sano

I've tried antidepressants in years past with no relief of symptoms. Never felt that they really worked, just gave side effects.

I agree with this, I feel good on test, haven't used anti depressants in ten years. But how would a female go about treating her depression...

Serotonin not found to be a major player in depression - Medical News Today

New evidence puts into doubt the long-standing belief that a deficiency in serotonin - a chemical messenger in the brain - plays a central role in depression. In the journal ACS Chemical Neuroscience, scientists report that mice lacking the ability to make serotonin in their brains (and thus should have been "depressed" by conventional wisdom) did not show depression-like symptoms.

Donald Kuhn and colleagues at the John D. Dingell VA Medical Center and Wayne State University School of Medicine note that depression poses a major public health problem. More than 350 million people suffer from it, according to the World Health Organization, and it is the leading cause of disability across the globe. In the late 1980s, the now well-known antidepressant Prozac was introduced. The drug works mainly by increasing the amounts of one substance in the brain - serotonin. So scientists came to believe that boosting levels of the signaling molecule was the key to solving depression. Based on this idea, many other drugs to treat the condition entered the picture. But now researchers know that 60 to 70 percent of these patients continue to feel depressed, even while taking the drugs.

I agree about scrapping the ssri drugs I have dealt with depression and anxiety for years, so many of these drugs are just awful. I do agree with trt, but I would also add to that list making sure your thyroid and adrenals are tuned up. Psychiatrists will prescribe thyroid meds for depression,

Thyroid hormone needs to be optimized. Exogenous testosterone replacement, itself, reduces thyroid hormone production by reducing testicular thyroid releasing hormone production. The rise in testosterone may lead to a rise in estradiol, which may reduce free thyroid hormone by increasing thyroid binding globulin production from the liver. This would then create a functional hypothyroid state, causing problems with energy and libido.

-Dr Romeo Mariano

The above paragraph is a quote my damn keyboard is fucking up and I can not type quotations lol

Everyone should read "Anatomy of an Epidemic: Magic Bullets, Psychiatric Drugs, and the Astonishing Rise of Mental Illness in America".

I cant even comment on some of the opinions here. If you work in the mental health field you won't understand, some people need medication to function and not go off the deep end and harm themselves or someone else.

I cant even comment on some of the opinions here. If you work in the mental health field you won't understand, some people need medication to function and not go off the deep end and harm themselves or someone else.

yes indeed. I used to think head pills were for the weak, but I've seen first hand on many occasions what a difference they can make, this includes the ssri's.

so when I quit 40 tramadol a day cold turkey and my serotonin and norepinephrine levels dropped to zero, my paralyzing anxiety and clinical depression for weeks on end, causing 3 sheriff deputies to take me away to be put in a psych ward due to suicidal threats, well, those were all in my head. as it were....
hmmmm.
and when I got on paxil and abilify and my levels stabilized and I felt worlds better, well, I guess that was a placebo effect?
bullshit.

Last edited:
SSRI's - America's biggest money making scheme ever, well second to the War business maybe.

They're all a fucking joke.

I've partied HARD in my day, done so many drugs I'm lucky to not be half retarded, most of which main mechanism was the release of massive amounts of serotonin which in some cases took days to recover from leaving me emotionless during the time my body was healing it's depleted levels of serotonin. The worst thing in my life was the access I had to extremely cheap and incredibly potent ecstasy in my college years.

I know it did permanent damage.

So you'd think SSRI'S would help with my current battles with depression (which I've always had, i just never confessed to doctors or anyone for that matter).

None did shit for me.

One thing I find interesting is a couple tramadol and my mood and motivation go through the roof.

I'm in strong belief that heavy drug users (anything other than opiates) respond hard to tramadol which is why some people say tramadol does absolutely nothing while others (like me) are heavily affected in positive ways by a relatively low dose. That's due to tramadol fast and strong effect on serotonin. Doctors are actually beginning to use it for depression which other countries have been doing for awhile now. Because they are legit.

But SSRIs? Strictly a exaggerated lie for money purposes ONLY.

Last edited:
SSRI's - America's biggest money making scheme ever, well second to the War business maybe.

I've partied HARD in my day, done so many drugs I'm lucky to not be half retarded, most of which main mechanism was the release of massive amounts of serotonin which in some cases took days to recover from leaving me emotionless during the time my body was healing it's depleted levels of serotonin. The worst thing in my life was the access I had to extremely cheap and incredibly potent ecstasy in my college years.

So you'd think SSRI'S would help with my current battles with depression (which I've always had, i just never confessed to doctors or anyone for that matter).

None did shit for me.

One thing I find interesting is a couple tramadol and my mood and motivation go through the roof.

I'm in strong belief that heavy drug users (anything other than opiates) respond hard to tramadol which is why some people say tramadol does absolutely nothing while others (like me) are heavily affected in positive ways by a relatively low dose. That's due to tramadol fast and strong effect on serotonin. Doctors are actually beginning to use it for depression which other countries have been doing for awhile now. Because they are legit.

I totally agree with you about the ssri's. But why do you think the ssri's didnt work for you but the tramadol did? they both work on serotonin dont they?

Im interested in the tramadol though.

I also suffer with depression. Ive had it forever, but like you, my access to very potent drugs has made it worse and i believe ive done irreparable damage. But most drugs which work on serotonin seem to do nothing for me. Dopaminergics however have worked fantastic for my depression. Specifically stimulant based ones. Adderall, vyvanse, dexedrine etc. So the above article makes perfect sense to me.

so when I quit 40 tramadol a day cold turkey and my serotonin and norepinephrine levels dropped to zero, my paralyzing anxiety and clinical depression for weeks on end, causing 3 sheriff deputies to take me away to be put in a psych ward due to suicidal threats, well, those were all in my head. as it were....
hmmmm.
and when I got on paxil and abilify and my levels stabilized and I felt worlds better, well, I guess that was a placebo effect?
bullshit.

No I think the takeaway is depression and anxiety are more complex than we currently thought. Nobody is saying these drugs didn't help you. It's the interplay between many brain chemicals. Tweaking a few may end up causing a cascade that ends up benefiting you but may not have been directly due to spiking serotonin itself. In other words, fixing depression is not as simple as merely raising serotonin. This is why people sometimes have to try so many different types of antidepressants before finding one that works for their specific brain chemistry.

For one , we aren't fucking mice!..... Research does show that dopamine and serotonin neurotransmitters are targeted in ssri's and snri's......

Next of all, anti depressants don't cure depression, IMO, God, therapy, and good ole time heals

Bwahahaha God??? Funny how God gets the credit after vaccines are developed and drugs discovered......:rolleyes:

Bwahahaha God??? Funny how God gets the credit after vaccines are developed and drugs discovered......:rolleyes:
Comments like this one are just so damn unnecessary and do nothing but make you look bad. He happened to mention God in his list of personal therapeutically soothing beliefs that have worked for him.
Then you feel the need to to try and belittle him over one of his list of three simple and drug free methods that help him find contentment in life?

Are you really that insecure about your own beliefs of finding contentment/happiness in life that you feel the need to bash others?

I recommend taking a step back and maybe do some reevaluating.

Comments like this one are just so damn unnecessary and do nothing but make you look bad. He happened to mention God in his list of personal therapeutically soothing beliefs that have worked for him.
Then you feel the need to to try and belittle him over one of his list of three simple and drug free methods that help him find contentment in life?

Are you really that insecure about your own beliefs of finding contentment/happiness in life that you feel the need to bash others?

I recommend taking a step back and maybe do some reevaluating.

I thought we were discussing scientific studies of things that worked. There is no scientific evidence that prayer works. In fact the templeton group did a study on intercessory prayer in hospitals and.found out the prayed for.group did actually slightly worse. There were some.valid other suggestions in this thread. Prayer to me is orse than doing nothing because you actually are spending your time doing something pretending prayer works when you could be doing something else that has actual evidencd of working.Faith is pretending to know something you dont.Have you ever thought that when a depressed person that just prays and nothing happens could actually make.him feel more depessed when prayer fails?

None did shit for me.

Sorry you feel that way. But blanket statements like that exude a lack of knowledge. I've done my pysch rotation now. And SSRIs are amazing not for everyone sure. But for some it's all that holds them together. The brain is a mystery and many SSRIs work on serotonin sure but they actually work in many other areas. And the people who say depression or mental illness is weak minded or some other bullshit hasn't been in the medical field to witness and learn. It's just naive

No I think the takeaway is depression and anxiety are more complex than we currently thought. Nobody is saying these drugs didn't help you. It's the interplay between many brain chemicals. Tweaking a few may end up causing a cascade that ends up benefiting you but may not have been directly due to spiking serotonin itself. In other words, fixing depression is not as simple as merely raising serotonin. This is why people sometimes have to try so many different types of antidepressants before finding one that works for their specific brain chemistry.

Each ssri isn't the same they all work through serotonin but also many other ways not yet known. Shit we just discovered a brand new receptor Citalopram works on. We don't know what it does but it works on it. So there is much knowledge needed and it's slowly coming. But swearing off ssri as a hoax is dumb.

There is phase 3 study using Citalopram to re grow neurons and help with degenerative brain diseases. Again not known why it does it but it does

Last edited:
There is actually no proof that XTC does permanent damage. Don't get me wrong, I am not advocating any drug including XTC. I also did heavy amounts back in the day and also had symptoms of "damage" and tried to correct that that with racetams, stablon, cebrolisyn etc. The only sure thing that helped was time and I am confident to say that I am back to normal. It used to be hard to stay happy because my brain already experienced "enchaced happy" and nothing would match even close. Slowly but surly the brain readjusts and gets happy response from everyday stimuli. Now, waking up with the sun rise and hearing birds outside makes me happy again.

None did shit for me.

SSRI's can be incredible for some people and do nothing for others. To totally dismiss them is completely wrong. Dopamine and it's interrelationship with serotonin is also very important and I have said this for years. Anyone who has experimented with dopamine agonists should realize they can have a contributing effect to anxiety/depression. GABA imo is significantly important to controlling anxiety due to it's effects on neurons when they are 'overexcited'.

I think even a simple stack of fairly mild medication/supplementation can control anxiety so people can live a happy and balanced life. The mind is a powerful thing and many can control (live with) anxiety with simple meditation or therapy. But 100% many people without medication would be a complete mess as this is usually a brain chemistry imbalance and only medication will help. I would say many on here suffer from anxiety due to pass drug use and their effect on the nervous system.

The bottom line is what one medication does to one person may do nothing or the opposite to the other. The chemicals in your body are different in every human being. I got nothing from every SSRI, SNRI, Tramadol, and the list goes on, as others are fine. What works for you, may not for me. I knew guys that could sit around and snort coke all day and pig out eating. That to me is unreal. So again one drug may do the complete opposite to each person.

Sorry you feel that way. But blanket statements like that exude a lack of knowledge. I've done my pysch rotation now. And SSRIs are amazing not for everyone sure. But for some it's all that holds them together. The brain is a mystery and many SSRIs work on serotonin sure but they actually work in many other areas. And the people who say depression or mental illness is weak minded or some other bullshit hasn't been in the medical field to witness and learn. It's just naive
My perspective on this matter comes from my experience with these drugs, the fact that I've battled with depression for nearly my whole life (yet you are implying I think its just "weak minded people"???) and my personal research on big pharma and the role it pays, I mean plays, in nearly every aspect of our daily lives as Americans.

My perspective on this matter comes from my experience with these drugs, the fact that I've battled with depression for nearly my whole life (yet you are implying I think its just "weak minded people"???) and my personal research on big pharma and the role it pays, I mean plays, in nearly every aspect of our daily lives as Americans.

I am truly sorry for your depression but n=1 for your personal ssri experience doesn't help anyone but you

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws