over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GABA

animal71

Banned
I know a lot of guys heard of GABA for sleep, but did you guys know GABA can actually increase HGH levels? Interesting info on GABA claims it can boost HGH up to 500% (+/-) but still amazing in my book. Who's using GABA here? what doses guys?

I know a lot of guys heard of GABA for sleep, but did you guys know GABA can actually increase HGH levels? Interesting info on GABA claims it can boost HGH up to 500% (+/-) but still amazing in my book. Who's using GABA here? what doses guys?

I have used GABA in the past, and it did help my sleep quite a bit, providing a much deeper sleep and better rest in general. I've read quite a bit about the GH effects, though I saw no performance or body composition changes from it. The sleep benefit was worth it however

Gaba does shit all for me

because you drink a lot of caffeine is why.. caffeine will inhibit gaba.

80%+ of americans drink caffeine daily. it is in coffee, most tea, soda, and even chocolate drinks

Gaba works well but doesn't cross the blood brain barrier well. Try Picamilon. Its gaba attached to niacin. Designed to cross over. Sweet dreams.

Picamilon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just got some powdered picamilon to experiment with. The nice thing is it can be used for relaxation or preworkout too if mixed with stims. Grabbed that, some hordenine, tyrosine, and theanine. Was hoping the picamilon could fight off gaba related anxiety should it arise from EQ. We'll see !

Gaba promotes relaxation and ease nervous tension, both great for helping people fall asleep.Not sure about gaba and its ability to increase hgh levels but it works well as a sleep aid.

Last edited:
"It was initially thought that GABA ingestion increases Growth Hormone secretion, although this is true to a degree earlier studies[8] have clarified 'Growth Hormone' into a more specific subset of analogues. Immunoreactive Growth hormone (irGH) and Immunofunctional Growth Hormone (ifGH) are two analogues which appear to be elevated in vivo after oral administration of GABA.

Despite GABAs inefficacy in passing the BBB, it appears to induce these changes via neurological means, more specifically a reaction which is mediated via dopamine release at a suprapituitary level.[9]

"GABAs influence on GH secretion seems to be changed with resistance exercise. A greater overall area-under-curve and higher peak values are noted with the pairing.[10] Interestingly, the peak value with exercise occurs 30 minutes after ingestion yet 75 minutes during rest.[10] These augmenting effects may be due to exercise-induced NO potentiating GABA entry into the brain, as alluded to in the previous section.

Although it was not concluded in the previous study that the effects of GABA on growth hormone were direct (as hepatic biotransformation of GABA to other amines is a possibility), the researchers suspect it may be so.

It should be noted that Growth Hormone exists in over 100 different isoforms, and that irGH and ifGH may not exert the same benefits typically associated with the most common (22kDa) isoform of Growth Hormone.[11][12]"

References
Petroff OA GABA and glutamate in the human brain . Neuroscientist. (2002)
GABA in plasma and cerebrospinal fluid of different species. Effects of γ-acetylenic GABA, γ-vinyl GABA and sodium valproate
Transport of GABA at the Blood-CSF Interface
Al-Sarraf H Transport of 14C-gamma-aminobutyric acid into brain, cerebrospinal fluid and choroid plexus in neonatal and adult rats . Brain Res Dev Brain Res. (2002)
Efflux of a suppressive neurotransmitter, GABA, across the blood–brain barrier
Blood-brain barrier to H3-γ-aminobutyric acid in normal and amino oxyacetic acid-treated animals
Shyamaladevi N, et al Evidence that nitric oxide production increases gamma-amino butyric acid permeability of blood-brain barrier . Brain Res Bull. (2002)
Cavagnini F, et al Effect of acute and repeated administration of gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) on growth hormone and prolactin secretion in man . Acta Endocrinol (Copenh). (1980)
Cavagnini F, et al Effect of gamma-aminobutyric acid on growth hormone and prolactin secretion in man: influence of pimozide and domperidone . J Clin Endocrinol Metab. (1980)
Powers ME, et al Growth hormone isoform responses to GABA ingestion at rest and after exercise . Med Sci Sports Exerc. (2008)
Nindl BC, et al Growth hormone molecular heterogeneity and exercise . Exerc Sport Sci Rev. (2003)
De Palo EF, et al Growth hormone isoforms, segments/fragments: does a link exist with multifunctionality . Clin Chim Acta. (2006)

This is all great info.. I was gonna pick up some gaba today.. I don't sleep for shit. Especially on prep. Was hoping my peps would help but I think I got a bad batch :( so gaba it is!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear