advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does anavar have any place in a post-contest phase?

02z06

Registered
Morning PM -
Next saturday I will be competing in a local show - and intend to take that next week off of training altogether(will still keep some cardio in). Relax on the diet a bit. I'll also be getting off tren/eq and just running low dose test for the next 8 or 10 weeks after that before I hit it hard again.

The following week I was thinking I may toss in a bit of anavar as I start to increase calories, maybe for 4 weeks or so. The reason is 2fold, I have never used anavar and am curious how it makes me feel, especially considering the side effects are virtually none.

Also my girlfriend wants to try anavar out & I told her I'd test if for her prior to make sure it's not something else.

Would this have any benefit? I imagine as the calories start to come up it could help with hardness & maintaining a lean look?

Or am I better off just hitting test & letting the body reset before getting after it again?

First of all, I would absolutely not take the following week off of training completely. Some of the very best muscle gains take place post shows Because of the anabolic state your body will be in and your insanely high metabolism, add in some calories and you are in a full anabolic muscle building state for at least the next 3 weeks. I've made some of my best improvements post show by simply adding protein/carbs slowly and keeping a decent cycle going.
If you need time off, I would take time off 4 weeks after your show not right after. You'll feel better after anyways with the added food and strength gains coming back. Anavar would be fine but I'm surprised your not already on it of your competing next week? That's one of the best cutters for prep because it also brings strength while in a caloric deficit. Your GF will be fine to run Var as the vast majority female competitors live on it. I would start her out low maybe 5mg or 10mg. Go from there.

I was worried you'd say not to take time off lol. Im just mentally fried. But, I think extra calories will make it bearable.

I actually won't have the anavar until early next week so assume it wouldn't be wise to toss it in a few days before the competition. Am i wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you plan on making the most of your rebound post contest I'd be training the week after if for anything just to keep water, sodium, and glycogen moving while avoiding unwanted rebound.

I'd also get off the harsher stuff (tren, mast, winny, var) and introduce longer acting test and something like npp while giving your liver a break from any kind of harsh orals/dht's/ androgens. I'd pass on the Var.

Milk the rebound for 4-8 wks then take a break.

I was worried you'd say not to take time off lol. Im just mentally fried. But, I think extra calories will make it bearable.

I actually won't have the anavar until early next week so assume it wouldn't be wise to toss it in a few days before the competition. Am i wrong?

Cmon bro, I'm sure you can squeeze in a 40 min workout 5 times a week with added cals.

You really need to consider post contest rebound. It's the most horrible state you can go through. Belly bulging and binging non stop. your whole prep goes to waste in 3 weeks, and you turn into a water balloon. I been there, done that. So keep training and cardio in. Bump calories slowly. When your body hits balance again, take some time off

if you're running orals now, I'd give your liver a break. Atleast 4 weeks

Haha ok. I'm over my bitchy self. 8 weeks of crushing it. Sorry for being a twat lol.

Honestly I agree with everything said here. I would switch to cyp and do npp or deca. I also would bump my gh up. Last year I put gh back in 6 ius a day after my show and was able to stay lean as hell while reversing my calories back up. I plan on doing the same exact thing except this time with 10 ius. However do not add the gh in if you use a diuretic. I could only imagine the water rebound of the diuretic with the gh...ouch!

Train lighter to avoid injury and just run a mild cycle. Force as much blood in as possible and give the added calories somewhere to go. You'll add size, stay lean, and look fucking crazy. Stay away from too much junk food and just enjoy a few meals and added daily carbs.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I've never utilized gh and with the cost/my genetics blow I likely won't soon. I do have a bunch of mk677 that I intend to utilize as I really am impressed with the results & science I'm seeing behind it.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner