over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Degenerative Discs

FIRE0808

Board Supporter / Kilo Klub Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hi guys. My younger brother was diagnosed with degeneration of c4,c5 and c6. Doc said its a wear and tesr. He is and avid soccer player and this is a set back for him. So if anyone can give suggestion or info on how to reverse this or at least makes things better, pls chime in. Emeric has recommended Humanofort. I wanna hear from the rest. G, peptides etc... he is open to suggestion. Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Fire, don't be offended that I changed the title of your thread...Degenerate gave it another meaning entirely!

You can't reverse it. It's called Degenerative Disc Disease but isn't really a disease. We all have it to some degree...some are asymptomatic and others are symptomatic. Has he had an MRI?

A year ago this month I had C5-6 and C6-7 fused, a year and eight months ago I had a two level lumbar fusion and 18 years ago I had a laminectomy (lumbar region). So, I'm familiar with a lot of this! LOL!!

Last edited:
Does he do any strengthening exercises for this area? Or does he think that soccer is good enough?

Fire, don't be offended that I changed the title of your thread...Degenerate gave it another meaning entirely!

You can't reverse it. It's called Degenerative Disc Disease but isn't really a disease. We all have it to some degree...some are asymptomatic and others are symptomatic. Has he had an MRI?

A year ago this month I had C5-6 and C6-7 fused, a year and eight months ago I had a two level lumbar fusion and 18 years ago I had a laminectomy (lumbar region). So, I'm familiar with a lot of this! LOL!!

Thank you Bio. not offended at all. Appreciate. Yes he had an MRI and dr said there's no need for surgery. For now just drugs and physio for him. He was asking me if gh will help in one way or another but im not sure.

Does he do any strengthening exercises for this area? Or does he think that soccer is good enough?

Yes buck. He did strength conditioning now and then. 3- 4 times a week.

GH won't do anything for the discs. Staying well hydrated might help some. Tell him to avoid the opiate pain killers if he can...NSAID's have always helped me out...I haven't used TB-500 yet but have heard some good things about it. BPC-157 seems to be another that people really like. Do a search on those and check out the Peptide section here.

Alright will inform him that and check out the 2 peps you mentioned. Thanks Bio. Appreciate it man.

Ive had this issue myself for many years, started very easy for me in my 20's.

Here is what I do that give some some relief.

Buy each of these, they are worth their weight in gold. I own over 30 different traction devises, and I buy everything new I can find when I come across it, and these are any far the best.

this is great to lay on to get the spinal erectors to release.

https://www.amazon.com/Spineworx-SW...qid=1471981174&sr=8-13&keywords=back+traction

this thing is awesome, I like it much better then the normal inversion table.

https://www.amazon.com/Teeter-Hang-...qid=1471981214&sr=8-59&keywords=back+traction

this thing is awesome, I use it every evening and it will do wonders for you back. it allows you to relax more when you lay over it, allowing the muscles ton relate and the spine to pull and give you great traction for the lower back.

https://www.amazon.com/Body-Archer-...F8&qid=1471981419&sr=8-1&keywords=body+archer

I have a routine of laying on these every evening to help me get some traction tony spine. The trick I have food is laying on this right before bed, as in do everything before you get on this, once your done crawl to your bed and lay in it. You will see that the lower back is nice and stretched out and you will sleep so much better and wake up in far less pain. This has made the difference in my life big time, it allows me to function with some normalcy in my life. Hope this helps!

g

Buy each of these, they are worth their weight in gold. I own over 30 different traction devises, and I buy everything new I can find when I come across it, and these are any far the best.

https://www.amazon.com/Spineworx-SW...qid=1471981174&sr=8-13&keywords=back+traction

https://www.amazon.com/Teeter-Hang-...qid=1471981214&sr=8-59&keywords=back+traction

this thing is awesome, I use it every evening and it will do wonders for you back. it allows you to relax more when you lay over it, allowing the muscles ton relate and the spine to pull and give you great traction for the lower back.

https://www.amazon.com/Body-Archer-...F8&qid=1471981419&sr=8-1&keywords=body+archer

I have a routine of laying on these every evening to help me get some traction tony spine. The trick I have food is laying on this right before bed, as in do everything before you get on this, once your done crawl to your bed and lay in it. You will see that the lower back is nice and stretched out and you will sleep so much better and wake up in far less pain. This has made the difference in my life big time, it allows me to function with some normalcy in my life. Hope this helps!

g

Hey GD, that first one, Spine Worx, looks interesting! Those spinal erector muscles get so tight on me, it's awful!!

bio i have bad c5 c6 for years now never any pain just lost probably 50 % of bicept and tricept strength after your fusion did all your strength come back?

g

Thanks a lot GD! Appreciate it man. I will relay this to him.

Hey GD, that first one, Spine Worx, looks interesting! Those spinal erector muscles get so tight on me, it's awful!!

that ones great bro, I just way on it and watch tv. After your on it for like 20 min, and you get off and lay op the flat floor your back is so relaxed, its weird as your whole back will touch the floor, even at the lower lumbar that is usually arched from being so tight. its a great product, pretty cheap too!

Bio, GD, etc, being a younger guy in the game, I see these posts and become a little fearful. Outside of any genetic factors, are there any steps you guys feel a young lifter could do to prevent this type of thing from happening?

Sure, not lifting heavy would obviously help (but that's not gonna happen lol), but do you guys feel like working a lot on flexibility and mobility could possibly help to prevent this type of thing from happening?

you guys have all been in the game probably longer than I've been alive so I was just curious as to your thoughts on this

Bio, GD, etc, being a younger guy in the game, I see these posts and become a little fearful. Outside of any genetic factors, are there any steps you guys feel a young lifter could do to prevent this type of thing from happening?

Sure, not lifting heavy would obviously help (but that's not gonna happen lol), but do you guys feel like working a lot on flexibility and mobility could possibly help to prevent this type of thing from happening?

you guys have all been in the game probably longer than I've been alive so I was just curious as to your thoughts on this

One thing I see young guys doing ALL THE TIME at the gym that can eventually cause neck and back problems is jerking the weight up as fast as they can, then bouncing the weight off the bottom when doing shrugs. Doesn't matter whether its dumbbells, a barbell, or machines....soooo many young guys do this. And in your teens and 20s, you can get away with it. Do it in your 40s and beyond....eventually you will be seeing a chiropractor or an orthopedic surgeon.

Bro, i was diagnosed with it when I was in my early 20's. Here is my take on it.

I was competing and lifting extremely heavy at the time. I asked my doc if it was caused my the lifting etc, he said no, its something that would have happened if I was a computer programmer and not doing anything physical. what is kinda interesting to me, is that I I noticed far less pain from it when my spinal erectors were well developed and I had a ton of lumbar muscle. I am by no means small now, but I was just much more muscular then. I tend to believe the musculature I had built around my lower back, helped to 'support' my discs more and kept them from sliding around. Contrary to what others may tell you, i think having your low back well delivered will actually help to hold the discs in place better and keep you from feeling as much pain. This is just a theory, but its my experience. If I had to do it all over again I would have started some kind of yoga routine much earlier in my life as that is one of the things i do now, that seriously makes me feel a ton better.

when you think about it, you have all of these nerves going into your spine. My thought process is that the more blood, traction, movement the spine has, then the less c chance you will suffer from nerve damage or will be limited by some nerve not firing correctly. Theres no science behind this, just my theory.

Plus I just feel a TON better when my back is loose and agile and flexible. I am not deadlifting 600lbs anymore, I will only do 250-315 or so on good days, but I keep my form more strict and I do a lot of other exercises to help strengthen the core, abs, and lower lumbar.

g

Hi guys. My younger brother was diagnosed with degeneration of c4,c5 and c6. Doc said its a wear and tesr. He is and avid soccer player and this is a set back for him. So if anyone can give suggestion or info on how to reverse this or at least makes things better, pls chime in. Emeric has recommended Humanofort. I wanna hear from the rest. G, peptides etc... he is open to suggestion. Thanks in advance

Get him an inversion table. It wont cure him but it will help.

GH won't do anything for the discs. Staying well hydrated might help some. Tell him to avoid the opiate pain killers if he can...NSAID's have always helped me out...I haven't used TB-500 yet but have heard some good things about it. BPC-157 seems to be another that people really like. Do a search on those and check out the Peptide section here.

My friend at the gym is the first person i know who said he has been injecting BPC157 into his back in the lower spine area where his disks are messed up, and he said it has worked very well. I was always afraid to recommend that anyone inject anything near their spine. I would be very careful if doing this. It has helped my friend quite a bit.

My friend at the gym is the first person i know who said he has been injecting BPC157 into his back in the lower spine area where his disks are messed up, and he said it has worked very well. I was always afraid to recommend that anyone inject anything near their spine. I would be very careful if doing this. It has helped my friend quite a bit.

He pinning in between his degenerated disc? This wull freak my brother out.haha.... Wonder if BPC157 were to be injected the normal way and still do its work.

I have degeneration entire spine and several disc herniation's.

*BPC-157 and TB-500, BPC-157 works better IMO

*Life Extension Arthromax Advanced with UC-II or a UC -II product

*High dose Curcumin or injectable

*High doses Omega 3's fish oil

*Inversion table

* RFA Radio frequency Ablation

* staying active as much as possible will release endorphins

* physical therapy stretching, and trampoline march and sitting doing light bouncing on exercise ball will help nourish the disc

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767