over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

You only grow muscle when you stop getting sore

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Some of these studies are bunk, bs . I take every study with a grain of salt and try and read into it.

Ive been maintaining on back and legs, not training with much volume and not going that heavy, just maintaining while ive been slowing working on my chest with safe form and super duper pounding the hell out of my calves the past couple months(gained half an inch)

850 pound standing calve raises today, seated calve riases where had to stop bc feels like achilles gonna rip off the bone with real heavy weights

Well on back day this week I went to another gym and they had different equipment and I went all out. heavier than ive gone in months , and brutal, backs been real sore for two days. Havent felt this soreness in a long time.

Last edited:
Interesting. My back is my best muscle and never gets sore. My chest is my worst muscle and could get sore from a set of push ups

The research was conducted with guys who hadn't trained with weights for 6 or more months. It would be interesting to know how the workouts were administered. If they started with 10 sets for each exercise I bet their were crippled for the first month.....

I think the exact opposite.
If your not getting sore you did not stimulate New growth!

when i switch from low to high reps the first workout i get sore for days. the next high rep workout? nothng at all.
same with vice versa. 2 workouts the same in a row feel like i didnt do anythng but if i switch back and forth week to week i get sore each time
i must adapt really quickly is my guess.
but according to this im not gaining at all. i must only do the same rep scheme each week over and over. and over, cuz i never get sore doing that.....

Will probably be based on the type of training you are doing...if you are doing 1 bodypart every 7 days, you will probably need more volume and therfore create more trauma to muscle in single session so soreness more pronounced....if doing a "low volume/hit" training with higher frequencies, then the sets and reps usually come down but are spread between more sessions so the soreness of each session less pronounced...

I def wouldnt think i did anything if i just had zero soreness at all in a muscle i targeted... i mean, this game is about trauma to muscle causing it to remodel over and over.. micro tears are going to cause soreness

I always use the PUMP as my gauge of taxing....when it stops
"feeling good" and turns painful (normally after 45mins or so)
I'm done...

I think the exact opposite.
If your not getting sore you did not stimulate New growth!

Soreness/DOMS shouldn't be used as an indicator of hypertrophy.

Long read but worth it:

**broken link removed**

Interesting. My back is my best muscle and never gets sore. My chest is my worst muscle and could get sore from a set of push ups

I'm similar. Chest gets sore from very little. I could smash back until my forearms give out and back still won't b sore.

Interesting. I do not really have any glaring weaknesses. My physique is pretty balanced, and nothing ever really gets sore unless I have taken a long layoff.

I notice less soreness with better nutrition.....or MORE
cals....

restricting cals for a cut....I get sore after every session.

:cool:

Soreness/DOMS shouldn't be used as an indicator of hypertrophy.

Long read but worth it:

**broken link removed**

Written by a bunch of DR's lol
My Dr. says I am clinically Obese and need to exercise and lose weight.

Breakin down muscle fibre should leave some soreness!
No Dr. but I like to use Common Sense!

I haven't even read the case study but I don't think I need to. Many automatically think if it's a study it has to be true. But many studies are full of crap and some common sense needs to used. Whilst soreness is 100% not a true indicator of muscle growth some soreness is a good think imo. But there are so many factors that influence possible soreness such as nutrition, drugs and sleep.

It's common sense to me you want to be in a situation were you are training hard but recover quickly and experience little soreness. That should occur after frequent and consistent effective training with a good diet and recovery methods in place. Training to the point were you can't walk properly for 1 week afterwards (excluding training after a long lay off) is not optimal for muscle growth.

Getting a PR for 10 reps on squats, deadlifts, chest press etc should leave you sore and is definitely a good thing for muscle growth if everything else is in place.

solid points here brother over training is major issue!

Lets nix science (somewhat) and go with logic...

Carbs are inflammatory. Imflamation is a signal of what? Does training also cause this? What happens when this signal is sent/amplified? Repair?! hmm:lightbulb:

Make sure your muscles are sensitive. Partiton nutrients where you want them. Train your ass off (furthering partitioning). Fuel the recovery and restoration process.... and grow 😁

Hit failure for what ever your training AT LEAST once in that weight training session and call it a day..no need to over think it. If you want to smoke it, hit failure a few times for each targeted muscle(s).

I rarely get sore unless like Tenny said early lack of nutrition or trying a new exercise for the first time.

Can u please expand on this, 1st time ive heard muscle sensitivity term in this way... thanks

sensitive to nutrient uptake.... trained and not fat

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311