over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Storing your gear

JK_5

Registered
This may be a fairly stupid question to ask, but lets say one has a 5cc syringe with gear in it. Should this be stored in a fridge, or would it be good for about a month if stored in a dark place at room temp?

This may be a fairly stupid question to ask, but lets say one has a 5cc syringe with gear in it. Should this be stored in a fridge, or would it be good for about a month if stored in a dark place at room temp?
No it's not a stupid question. Now it will depend on the type of gear! certain compounds are made with different solvents, some of these solvents do not react well with certain types of rubber, like in syringes. The bottle stopper is a different rubber compound intended for longer shelf life than that in a syringe. Some of these solvents can cause the rubber to break down and then your gear is contaminated.

No it's not a stupid question. Now it will depend on the type of gear! certain compounds are made with different solvents, some of these solvents do not react well with certain types of rubber, like in syringes. The bottle stopper is a different rubber compound intended for longer shelf life than that in a syringe. Some of these solvents can cause the rubber to break down and then your gear is contaminated.

That's great info OldFella, but what about the storage temp once the gear is exposed to air? Would it be ok to store in room temp. as long as it's out of direct sunlight?

That's great info OldFella, but what about the storage temp once the gear is exposed to air? Would it be ok to store in room temp. as long as it's out of direct sunlight?

It's ok to store it at room temp in a dark place. Please don't put it in the fridge.
I used to preload my gear when I was doing EOD injections. But only enough for like the next 5 shots(10 days)

I think what oldfella is saying is that the oil in the gear can cause the rubber of the syringe to deteriorate and thus contaminate the gear and thus making injecting difficult. If you need to keep it in the syringe for a couple of days i don't see a problem...but long term storage is questionable. If u need long term storage, they sell vials with caps on 'em and just buy a couple of them.
Remember gear in the bottle should be sterile once you remove it, you open yourself up to contaminents.

Again, thanks. Sounds good. The reason I ask is because lets say one doesn't have access to multi-use vials or single use amps and you have to store 5ml in a syringe and just change out pins for your scheduled inj. That would mean storing in a syringe for up to 1-2 months. I'm sure this isn't the preferred method, but it is necessary in some circumstances.

Why not just pick up some sealed sterile viles? they come cheap and they are easy to find...

My theory: a hospital or doctor does not store anything in a syringe, and neither do I.

BUMP on the sterile part, you need to be sterile and have a clean work area whenever transfering gear. But IMO the risks of sterile transfer are much less than gear in a syringe storage.

"my .02"

OK the rubber used in stoppers for vials is a compound which was made for storage of compounds long term, or the term of the use by date of the compound. The single use syringe is exactly that. it was not intended for long term storage of any compound. Load, use, discard of properly. certain solvents used to keep AAS in solution such as BA, BB,etc can act on the rubber in the syringe causing it to soften or breakdown significantly, thus releasing the compounds used to manufacture the rubber, usually petroleum based. This occures over long term exposure to the solvents used in manufacture of AAS. Solvent in general will break down petroleum based products, this is why solvents are used to clean up petorleum nd iol spills. Now I know this all sounds pretty dramatic but these solvents can act on that little rubber plunger over time........just how long that is well a little research on that might help, but I have never tried to find out the hard way. So the contamination of your gear I speak of is foreign matter and chemical contamination. You do not want to inject that shit into your muscle or any part of the body.

My theory: a hospital or doctor does not store anything in a syringe, and neither do I.

"my .02"

Actually, some drugs ARE stored in preloaded syringes, but I see what you are saying.

Again, thanks. Sounds good. The reason I ask is because lets say one doesn't have access to multi-use vials or single use amps and you have to store 5ml in a syringe and just change out pins for your scheduled inj. That would mean storing in a syringe for up to 1-2 months. I'm sure this isn't the preferred method, but it is necessary in some circumstances.

this does not sound like a good idea to me. what if you aspirate and you get some blood in the syringe?

this does not sound like a good idea to me. what if you aspirate and you get some blood in the syringe?

You're right. It's not the greatest idea in the world, but I would think that if you do aspirate blood, you could just re-pin and shoot the blood back into the muscle. I know when nurses give IV injections, they aspirate blood to let them know they ARE in a vein, and then they shoot the blood right back in along with the solution/drug. I wouldn't think that IM injection wouldn't be any different, as long as you don't leave the blood in the syringe for an extended period of time. I could be wrong, but that's my take on it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131