over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Working Legs around aches and pains

pumpd

Registered
Hey guys,

Until a year ago, I worked my legs hard every week but I hurt my hip around that time and I decided to give my legs a break, I also play hockey so sore hips and hockey don't mix. I wanted to start back again but have a different approach in mind, no more of this heavy squatting and leg pressing, I also have sore knees, yes I feel old haha. Does anyone have any suggestions for quads that would be more toward building muscle but also avoiding straining it would be appreciated, thanks.

Have you checked out Mack Truck's thread titled Think Tank? First few pages cover a lot of ground on foam rolling and ART.

Other idea might be to touch base with JJB1 - see what suggestions he has for training lower half. I know he's mentioned knee issues in the past...

Or check out the peptides section. No personal experience, but maybe poke around and get some knowledge on tb500 and some of the other peptides people have been having success with.

Last edited:
I can relate. My knees are destroyed. I can't even squat my body weight. I can't lunge. I do lots of leg press variations. I'm lucky. My gym has a dozen different variations of leg press. I go extremely slow on the negative and extremely slow on the positive of every single rep, as I fear, an injury if I don't.

Lately, I've been picking one of the leg presses...I do as many sets as I can until my quads shake and won't press any longer. 500Lbs is as heavy as I can go. Then, I pick one hamstring machine and do the same thing. I shoot for 20rep sets, but do what I can when I'm too fatigued to get that. Next, I do the same on a calf machine. The biggest guy in the gym told me that's how to do legs...pick one exercise and just destroy it. Next workout, a different exercise. I train legs as frequently as I can based on if my knees are able to train them. Every workout I do a different machine for quads, hams, and calves. My legs never adapt because there are so many machine variations at my gym. The leg room is bigger than most gyms. I've found that stimulating the muscle is better than annihilate it with tons of exercises.. Plus, train legs more frequently since legs are such a big muscle.

Peptides are helping a ton for my research animal. He is administered igf1-des and Lr3 in the sweep of his quads. Peg mfg is also put in the quad sweep the morning after training legs. TB-500 did the most healing in his knees...remarkable peptide for reducing inflammation in the knees and repairing them. ACT1 and BPC 157 just came out. They are incredible healing peptides as well. I will begin researching them in the near future.

Jose Raymond advocates pre exhausting first. That way you dont have to go under that extreme weight to get the same results.

I've tried it and I like it very much and my joints and knees feel so much better.

Alot of warmup sets with leg extensions and leg curls.

Heres a couple vids

Dana Linn Bailey & Jose Raymond hit Legs - YouTube

**broken link removed**

Let's try lemongrass. It is very beneficial for releasing aches. Thanks to analgestic qualities, lemongrass may release pain and annoying symptoms from headaches and migraines. Moreover, phytonutrients in lemongrass can regulate blood flow, reduce muscle cramps, sprains effectively. This conclusion come from the health article https://wikihomenutrition.com/lemongrass-health-benefits. So it could be helpful to you!

Have you checked out Mack Truck's thread titled Think Tank? First few pages cover a lot of ground on foam rolling and ART.

Other idea might be to touch base with JJB1 - see what suggestions he has for training lower half. I know he's mentioned knee issues in the past...

Excellent advice. Foam rolling, stretching and bands are a must prior to any of my leg work outs. Great articles/Info by Mack and JJB1, read up..

Beside the pain you are being sufferred, may be you will experience the bursitis at the first stage of workout. Bursitis happens when bursea - fluid-filled sacs that can be found between bones and near joints becomes inflamed or irritated. Bursitis's symptoms can include pain, swelling, stiffness, movement difficulty. There are many treatment you can use to get out of this situation. I recommend you some home remedies suggested by many health experts. You can see detail information about usage at the full health article https://wikihomenutrition.com/home-remedies-bursitis/

last year my back and knees stopped allowing me to squat with heavy weight or actually any weight.. I refused to accept that. I dropped the weight way down..95lbs and started doing 20 rep sets. It all hurt the first few workouts but I worked my way thru it...every few weeks I raised the weight 10 lbs and worked the weights up over the last year slowly. I don't have any back or knee pain from it anymore and the weights are still increasing.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131