advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Zinc instead of an AI for TRT... Try it !

raw33man

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Believe it or not, 50mg of Zinc a day is working like a champ for my E2 levels.

do 100 if your dose is 200 of test

I've been looking into this as well, an AI is not something I wish to take over the long term. Would appear from what I've read that- Zinc helps regulate aromatise and slows conversion of T to DHT and E2.

According to Crisler-

The zinc and copper should be taken at the same time.

It is a matter of competitive inhibition. The high level of +2 cation zinc blocks other +2 cations, such as copper. So it's a matter, to be very basic, of their relative concentrations in the same environment. That's why they can be conveniently taken at once, often included in the same capsule. Not only can, should.

So it's the zinc lowers intracellular copper. The same would be true of other +2 charge metals, such as magnesium. Taking very high dose zinc blocks magnesium. While this can inhibit aromatase enzyme (as Mg+ is needed for the activity of many enzymes), and therefore lower estrogen (even high estrogen brought with TRT) the Mg+ is just too important elsewhere in the body.

I think adding 50mg of zinc per day, on top of the zinc we get elsewhere, is just about right. But not more than that. And a 25:1 zinc:copper ratio is about right

I see a few Zinc supps with copper in them...

thanks for the tip on Zinc ! I'll be adding it to my HRT cruise

Defininitely works. Oysters are high in zinc and is the reason why for fertility reasons that people say to eat oysters.

Defininitely works. Oysters are high in zinc and is the reason why for fertility reasons that people say to eat oysters.

No kiddin?? And I thought it was another old wifes tale....think im going to give zinc a try...

NOTE: Copper will raise your estrogen... if you take 100mg of Zinc, you should not worry about copper deficiency

"In very high doses, zinc can act as an aromatase inhibitor and reduce estrogen levels."

Zinc - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage, Side Effects | Examine.com

"List of Estrogen Dominance Symptoms

Acceleration of aging
Agitation or Anxiety
Allergy (asthma, hives, rashes, sinus congestion)
Autoimmune disorders Lupus, Thyroiditis (Hashimoto's)
Breast cancer (men and women)
Breast tenderness with period
Cervical dysplasia (abnormal pap smear)
Cold hands and feet
Copper excess"

Alternative Mental Health

"Too much copper causes oily skin, which can lead to adult acne. Women break out right before their periods because their estrogen levels rise. Copper levels in the body tends to move in tandem with estrogen. "

Copper

"Prasad and colleagues reported several cases of patients with sickle cell anemia who received 150 mg zinc/day and consequently showed low plasma copper, low ceruloplasmin, leukopenia, and anemia [59]. "

The Essential Toxin: Impact of Zinc on Human Health

"In very high doses, zinc can act as an aromatase inhibitor and reduce estrogen levels."

Zinc - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage, Side Effects | Examine.com

"List of Estrogen Dominance Symptoms

Acceleration of aging
Agitation or Anxiety
Allergy (asthma, hives, rashes, sinus congestion)
Autoimmune disorders Lupus, Thyroiditis (Hashimoto's)
Breast cancer (men and women)
Breast tenderness with period
Cervical dysplasia (abnormal pap smear)
Cold hands and feet
Copper excess"

Alternative Mental Health

Source " Alternative Mental Health" Really ?

The dose at stated in post #3 is recommended at 25:1 zinc:copper, hardly what could be considered a high copper dose.

•Long-term consumption of zinc in excess of the tolerable upper intake level (40 mg/day for adults) can result in copper deficiency. (More information)

Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University

The major consequence of long-term consumption of excessive zinc is copper deficiency. Total zinc intakes of 60 mg/day (50 mg supplemental and 10 mg dietary zinc) have been found to result in signs of copper deficiency. Copper deficiency has also been reported following chronic use of excessive amounts of zinc-containing denture creams (>2 tubes per week containing 17-34 mg/g of zinc; (100)). In order to prevent copper deficiency, the U.S. Food and Nutrition Board set the tolerable upper intake level (UL) for adults at 40 mg/day, including dietary and supplemental zinc (5).

Zinc reduces the amount of copper your body absorbs, and high doses of zinc can cause a copper deficiency. For that reason, many doctors recommend that you take 2 mg of copper along with a zinc supplement.

Zinc | University of Maryland Medical Center

Source " Alternative Mental Health" Really ?

The dose at stated in post #3 is recommended at 25:1 zinc:copper, hardly what could be considered a high copper dose.

•Long-term consumption of zinc in excess of the tolerable upper intake level (40 mg/day for adults) can result in copper deficiency. (More information)

The major consequence of long-term consumption of excessive zinc is copper deficiency. Total zinc intakes of 60 mg/day (50 mg supplemental and 10 mg dietary zinc) have been found to result in signs of copper deficiency. Copper deficiency has also been reported following chronic use of excessive amounts of zinc-containing denture creams (>2 tubes per week containing 17-34 mg/g of zinc; (100)). In order to prevent copper deficiency, the U.S. Food and Nutrition Board set the tolerable upper intake level (UL) for adults at 40 mg/day, including dietary and supplemental zinc (5).

Zinc reduces the amount of copper your body absorbs, and high doses of zinc can cause a copper deficiency. For that reason, many doctors recommend that you take 2 mg of copper along with a zinc supplement.

Zinc | University of Maryland Medical Center

LMAO.... Alternative Mental Health, yess what's wrong with that? Do you not see all the sources that AMH has provided at the bottom of the page ?? Do you think some blogger pulled info out of their ass, and put it on that website ?

Last edited:
LMAO.... Alternative Mental Health, yess what's wrong with that? Do you not see all the sources that AMH has provided at the bottom of the page ?? Do you think some blogger pulled info out of their ass, and put it on that website ?

I didn't read it as what you posted made no sense. Read a little more son before you go posting up advice....ok?

one of my trt docs used a compound pharmacy who would formulate test cyp with zinc in a injectable ... now I see the reasoning behind it ... I'm going to start back up with zinc supplementation since I'm on DIY trt now

Can get Albion Chelated Zinc 30mg from Swansonvitamins.com. Higher absorption because chelated so 30mg is sufficient. Also do not take w/ magnesium supplement. Take at a separate time.

Weird!

I had a feeling to come over and check out the HRT Forum now I know why.

I have heard people say zinc helped with their prostate, this makes sense

Yep!

My prostate gland was doing some royal raging to the point I was about to go to the ER. Instead, I got into my car and drove to CVS and bought zinc tablets and a bottle of aspirin. I took two zinc tablets and five aspirin tablets, laid in bed with a pillow between my legs and eventually went to sleep.

A golf ball size prostate gland is a motherfucker!

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner