over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ramy!

This picture is old , but impressive nonetheless.

Everyone says Jay has amazing calves. Yet in the Ramy vs Jay comparison (olympia) Ramys calves are the same size. So I don't think he lacks calves, he just has crazy unhuman quads which make them look small

this
ridiculous how everyone is talking smack about ramys calves when in fact theyre not weak at all

of course if every single of your muscle groups is 20% bigger than everyone elses on stage and your calves are only 5% bigger than they appear smaller lol

go hate on dennis wolfs calves but not ramys :rolleyes:

If someone calves looks small, then they are---and Ramy's calves look small. In BB'ing, it doesn't matter what a bodypart might measure, it matters what it looks like, and Ramy's calves look puny compared to the rest of his body.

You want to see big calves, of look at Yates and Mattarazo at their prime--not Ramy. Maz and Yates were roughly the same height as Ramy, yet I can guarantee that if you placed those men right next to Ramy onstage hitting calve shots, their calves would dwarf Ramy's, huge quads or not.

Comparing Cutler's calves against Ramy's--pure ridiculousness. At his peak, Cutler had amazing calves--worlds better than Ramy--not in the same league by a long shot.

good argument
its still wrong to say "ramy is missing a whole bodypart"
or "his calves are small"
his calves are probably bigger than the arms of 90% of the guys posting here

are his calves small? nope
do his calves LOOK small simply because the rest of him is humongous? yep.

Ramy "LOOKS" like he is missing an entire bodypart...and if that's what it looks like, then that's what it is. His calves look so pathetic compared to the rest of him that he may as well not have any.

Again, he is missing an entire bodypart...and it is absolutely right to say so.

Ramy "LOOKS" like he is missing an entire bodypart...and if that's what it looks like, then that's what it is. His calves look so pathetic compared to the rest of him that he may as well not have any.

Again, he is missing an entire bodypart...and it is absolutely right to say so.

no offense, but theyre pretty much the same size as heaths.
just not as short, therefore not as popping

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

regarding the cutler thing... he probably meant this one
**broken link removed**
of course thats far from cutlers prime, yeah.
but ramy didnt even bodybuild yet when cutler was in his prime, lol

Last edited:

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

X2 yes That's exactly wat I meant. Those pics really show his calves aren't small(like dennis wolf).

Last edited:
Does Hany train Heath, Flex, and Iris? wasnt sure who he trains exactly, just always hear his name...

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

I will concede that they have improved, but he is still severely lacking and in many other pics he looks much worse. How much will it hurt him onstage? Probably not as much as it should (I am on the opinion that calves are just as important as any other bodypart), as I can name several BB'rs who have done very well without them.

As far as the comparison between Heath and Ramy, Heath's calves, while not great, are still significantly "better" than Ramy's. I can post several pics of Heath's calves that look damn good, but I can't find a single pic of Ramy in which I can say the same.

Still, Ramy is an amazing BB'r. Can't wait to see what he looks like at his next comp.

I will concede that they have improved, but he is still severely lacking and in many other pics he looks much worse. How much will it hurt him onstage? Probably not as much as it should (I am on the opinion that calves are just as important as any other bodypart), as I can name several BB'rs who have done very well without them.

As far as the comparison between Heath and Ramy, Heath's calves, while not great, are still significantly "better" than Ramy's. I can post several pics of Heath's calves that look damn good, but I can't find a single pic of Ramy in which I can say the same.

Still, Ramy is an amazing BB'r. Can't wait to see what he looks like at his next comp.

He is not severely lacking or if you're going to phrase it that way, at least phrase it in a relative manner in that he is severely lacking relative to his quads. He is NOT severely lacking relative to other bodybuilders or even past Mr O champions such as Ronnie/Jay/Haney.

His calves could stand to be better, but Heath's definitely are NOT significantly better, they are better (slightly), but significantly is something that I would quantify as AT LEAST 2+ inches.

maxresdefault.jpg

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

hV1Xd12.jpg

If you follow kuwaitbodybuilding on instagram you probably get most recent pics of ramy and some of the other monsters from over there. I've seen guys on there that are "no names" who are absolutely freaky. Can't believe they aren't pros.

Of course guys with big calves will want recognition for their development but a large percentage of that population put in less work than the guys with small calves and that is the blunt truth about it.

Think about it...

Calves are the only muscle group where non-lifters can have a bigger version than a bodybuilder. Only calves.

I had a Swedish friend who had 18" calves before he ever touched a single weight. Many examples of that...

With that type of genetic gifting or disadvantage, I tend to overlook calves in competition.

As long as they are developed enough to look like effort has been put into them, then that is good enough for me.

If you follow kuwaitbodybuilding on instagram you probably get most recent pics of ramy and some of the other monsters from over there. I've seen guys on there that are "no names" who are absolutely freaky. Can't believe they aren't pros.

Many many amazing bodybuilders over there.

He is not severely lacking or if you're going to phrase it that way, at least phrase it in a relative manner in that he is severely lacking relative to his quads. He is NOT severely lacking relative to other bodybuilders or even past Mr O champions such as Ronnie/Jay/Haney.

His calves could stand to be better, but Heath's definitely are NOT significantly better, they are better (slightly), but significantly is something that I would quantify as AT LEAST 2+ inches.

maxresdefault.jpg

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

hV1Xd12.jpg

"It's coming Phil, be afraid, vary afraid"

Ramy will never beat Phil Heath. Noone will ever beat Phil Heath. Phil is special. When he walks out his muscles look entirely different then everyone else's. He truly is something special to the sport. He will end up retiring Mr. O. He is so "other" then everyone else no one in history has a look like his. Closest is Flex Wheeler with that special muscle 3d look, but still Phil is other.

Also Ramy doesn't speak English. They wont let him win. He can't be an ambassador and promote the sport.

Ramy will never beat Phil Heath. Noone will ever beat Phil Heath. Phil is special. When he walks out his muscles look entirely different then everyone else's. He truly is something special to the sport. He will end up retiring Mr. O. He is so "other" then everyone else no one in history has a look like his. Closest is Flex Wheeler with that special muscle 3d look, but still Phil is other.

Also Ramy doesn't speak English. They wont let him win. He can't be an ambassador and promote the sport.

I agree that phil has a "3d" look many guys don't have. He's also more polished

But How exactly does Mr. Olympia promote the sport anyway? I never understood this whole "ambassador" thing. I love bodybuilding but you have to remember what Competive bodybuilding is... Posing in shiny trunks, baby oil and music. Flexing while making faces and the occasional hand wave pumping up the crowd as you hit a pose. Why does somthing like this need an "ambassador" to the world?

Last edited:
He is not severely lacking or if you're going to phrase it that way, at least phrase it in a relative manner in that he is severely lacking relative to his quads.

What kind of word games are these?

If a bodybuilder's calves look like they are lacking in proportion to the rest of his body, then guess what? That means they are lacking.

On top of that, they are poorly shaped and lack detail and separation.

He is NOT severely lacking relative to other bodybuilders or even past Mr O champions such as Ronnie/Jay/Haney.
Now that's funny. I could see Haney being on the list, but Cutler, that must be a joke. Cutler's calves at their prime were world's better than Ramy's. How you could even compare those 2 men is beyond me. You are literally comparing a BB'r who is known to have some of the worst proportioned calves in the pro ranks today against a man who at one time had some of the very best calves in the world. This debate has now turned the corner from acceptable to absurd.

Even Ronnie had massive calves in 03'-04'---way better than Ramy's

Yes,they are. They are not only in near perfect proportion to his body, but they have much better shape, definition, and detail. Heath's calves are MUCH better than Ramy's.

...and for the last time, stop talking about how big they might measure in comparison to other pros...or posting pics of two calves side by side. What matters is how they look on Ramy..and Ramy's calves look small, poorly shaped, and lack detail. Ramy calves are considered poor, while Heath's are considered good.

When push comes to shove and the two big boys go head to head we will see who deserves the hype more... Both guys are massive and have blown some minds as to what is possible, but bodybuilding isn't just about size, you have to be shrink wrap tight, and I don't think we have seen what Ramy would like if he came in with optimal leanness and hardness and Compton's potential is far from being realized. I am looking forward to seeing these two placed next to one another on stage.

I agree with you. Let's all wait until show day to talk about who's going to beat who.:)

Ramys calves arent as good as Phils...ok, i got that... But his arms make phils look small now, looks like atleast 2" bigger(esp in the fdb a few pics up)... he has atleast 2-4" bigger quads.... he has atleast the same size waist if not dare i say smaller(and phils lately is getting distended look)..... and he still is IMPROVING while phil is going backwards past few years esp w the gut IMO... Lets compare Ramy and him when Ramy gets peeled... Id rather have someone beat me on calves, than on quads anyday... to each his own, we all like a slightly different look :headbang:

Lets see Ramy come in another 1% tighter and a lil drier...im excited...

Last edited:
I get your point. It's hard for me to believe he is getting beat buy himself, but I think that's what's going on with Ramy. Those side by sides make Phil look small with that narrow structure. I feel embarrass for Jay standing next to him looking like a guy at his first NPC show. But when it comes down to not who is stronger but who has the most noticeable weakness it would be Ramy.
ie: Ramy beats Ramy. I'm surprised he doesn't just start with the oil a month or two out and just pump them up. God know everyone else is solving there weak points doing this.
CG

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
I am Annie