mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metformin article. Seems it is terrible for muscle.

if MounainDog uses metformin then it must not slow muscle gains because he is thicker than a brick shit house!!!

I'm interested in this now.
The last time I recall him discussing it was in in PED Radio EP 38 but it may have only been from a question talking about GDA and comparing metformin. He's talked about it elsewhere before too.

I have been taking 500mg meal 4 and meal 6 for months now for 1000mg a day. These are low or no carb meals. I understand that this med builds up over time with consistent dosing. I'm leaner than ever while in a growing phase and it doesn't seem to be hampering muscle gain.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

You using gh?

The last time I recall him discussing it was in in PED Radio EP 38 but it may have only been from a question talking about GDA and comparing metformin. He's talked about it elsewhere before too.

He doesn't use it year round and I don't recall his liking it that much. He explained his thoughts a few times but I don't really remember everything he said.

In any case, Metformin should be used for health and longevity as opposed to bodybuilding.

I've always used 500-1000mg with a cheat meal at night and look tighter and fuller the next morning opposed to if I didn't use it with a cheat meal. The talk about lowering Igf levels, muscle hypertrophy, and protein synthesis did scare me a bit but like others said how much could this really happen to a bodybuilder on gh and aas when studies are done on regular people. I think I'll continue to use it 1-2x per week still.

It increases ampk and inhibits mtor to some degree. So theoretically, anything that reduces mtor could be considered in opposition to muscle accrual - the question is how much in humans using AAS? Real world, metformin works well for insulin sensitivity (chronic gh users may need it) and doesn't kill gains. Aids with staying lean too and is just plain healthy. People like John Meadows use and have discussed metformin's merits in the past. As Stewie pointed out, the article in OP is not sound.

If you're paranoid, don't use Metformin during your primary gaining phase then use it when you start to lean out, cut cals and need to regain insulin sensitivity after all the power feeding or slin use anyway. I'm personally not convinced it (or Berberine) zaps gains and other's whose opinion I value seem to agree.

Exactly. This ^^^

This article is nothing new. Yes, metformin activates AMPk and negates any mTor. Aka this stuff is great if you are dieting and probably not the BEST option on a bulk.

This is not breaking news.

if MounainDog uses metformin then it must not slow muscle gains because he is thicker than a brick shit house!!!

I'm interested in this now.

I notice only positive effects from it and I take it year round, and will continue to do so. The anti-aging piece effects from it are very well documented, and I personally do not believe it hampers muscle gains, even when at HRT doses (which I am).

JM

same thing with people fearing nolvadex because of the drop in iGF-1. I take that year round too.

Also people scared to take GH with a meal with carbs, another silly myth.

:)

BIGGEST POINT being , and trust me I am not knocking anyone as I lived my life on a lot of drugs for ALOT of years. BUT there will come a day in each of our lives that we realize hmmm maybe a drug that actually adds years to my life and quality of life might be just a bit more important than taking thousands of milligrams of black market substances that im not even really sure what they are that will most certainly shorten my life.

I almost never post about this stuff because I know it falls on deaf ears because those deaf ears used to be my own, but I look at some of these young guys with young children and think DAMN man , really? For the sake of a few pounds of muscle you are willing to risk dying young enough to not see your child grow up into an adult? I saw the light mainly due to guys like Emeric and Maldorf and honestly I prob owe them my life , I had my scare , luckily for me I am fine , but that's all it was...luck. And yes without any shred of doubt the tons of mystery crap we push into our bodies is killing us one way or another. Again not knocking anyone took me MANY years to grow beyond the need for the lifestyle, I still love it, just not at the expense of my life.

my current "stack"
all LEF brand
probitotic
digestive enzymes
d3
multi
curcumin
coq10
fish/krill oil
b complex
molybdenum

pharm support
200 mg test from pharmacy by docs script weekly (prob still too much but like I said I still love bodybuilding)
deprenyl - 5mg 3x weekly (jumex from brand medicines)
metformin - 500mg 2-3x daily (metfogamma from brandmedicines)
MT2 - like the tan and the libido it provides especially with the deprenyl.

that's it

feel great

I notice only positive effects from it and I take it year round, and will continue to do so. The anti-aging piece effects from it are very well documented, and I personally do not believe it hampers muscle gains, even when at HRT doses (which I am).

JM
Thank you sir! JM is like instant credibility, lol.

increasing ampk is not bad for the bodybuilder ..

For many reasons. One being, activating AMPk via metformin can potentially decrease the incidence of sleep apnea.

JM

Exactly my experience as well

BIGGEST POINT being , and trust me I am not knocking anyone as I lived my life on a lot of drugs for ALOT of years. BUT there will come a day in each of our lives that we realize hmmm maybe a drug that actually adds years to my life and quality of life might be just a bit more important than taking thousands of milligrams of black market substances that im not even really sure what they are that will most certainly shorten my life.

I almost never post about this stuff because I know it falls on deaf ears because those deaf ears used to be my own, but I look at some of these young guys with young children and think DAMN man , really? For the sake of a few pounds of muscle you are willing to risk dying young enough to not see your child grow up into an adult? I saw the light mainly due to guys like Emeric and Maldorf and honestly I prob owe them my life , I had my scare , luckily for me I am fine , but that's all it was...luck. And yes without any shred of doubt the tons of mystery crap we push into our bodies is killing us one way or another. Again not knocking anyone took me MANY years to grow beyond the need for the lifestyle, I still love it, just not at the expense of my life.

my current "stack"
all LEF brand
probitotic
digestive enzymes
d3
multi
curcumin
coq10
fish/krill oil
b complex
molybdenum

pharm support
200 mg test from pharmacy by docs script weekly (prob still too much but like I said I still love bodybuilding)
deprenyl - 5mg 3x weekly (jumex from brand medicines)
metformin - 500mg 2-3x daily (metfogamma from brandmedicines)
MT2 - like the tan and the libido it provides especially with the deprenyl.

that's it

feel great

I see deprenyl in your stack and I read that LE article on how effective it is for longevity. How long have you taken it and do you have any opinion on it?

I see deprenyl in your stack and I read that LE article on how effective it is for longevity. How long have you taken it and do you have any opinion on it?

Deprenyl does several things for me
First it enhances my mind I think for a living basically as the VP of an automation firm it helps dramatically with my focus and ability to rapidly concept solutions.
Second it fills a gap so to say when you finally stop taking large amounts of Anabolics. Once you get over the fear of muscle loss what you generally are left with is disappointment in your libido. Enter deprenyl = problem solved
Third is the fact that by all evidence it will effectively block mental decline it later years and likely significantly increase life span.

So in short good things both short and long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deprenyl does several things for me
First it enhances my mind I think for a living basically as the VP of an automation firm it helps dramatically with my focus and ability to rapidly concept solutions.
Second it fills a gap so to say when you finally stop taking large amounts of Anabolics. Once you get over the fear of muscle loss what you generally are left with is disappointment in your libido. Enter deprenyl = problem solved
Third is the fact that by all evidence it will effectively block mental decline it later years and likely significantly increase life span.

So in short good things both short and long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool sounds like a wonder drug and I might pull the trigger. Any downsides to it?

The more I read the more questions I have .
Taking 500mg Metformin has brought my A1C down to acceptable levels .
Seeing individuals taking 2x/day I am curious if mine would better serve me taking 1/2 am and 1/2 pm ?
Maybe just doubling prescribed dose would lower A1C even more ?
Cheers
DWBO

The more I read the more questions I have .

Taking 500mg Metformin has brought my A1C down to acceptable levels .

Seeing individuals taking 2x/day I am curious if mine would better serve me taking 1/2 am and 1/2 pm ?

Maybe just doubling prescribed dose would lower A1C even more ?

Cheers

DWBO

My guess is that it would. Good to see it successfully lowering A1C.

same thing with people fearing nolvadex because of the drop in iGF-1. I take that year round too.

Also people scared to take GH with a meal with carbs, another silly myth.

:)

Do you use an AI year round too?

Thanks JM.

Is it true that deprenyl metabolizes into methamphetime? Do you notice energy from it?

Deprenyl: understudied, little-known anti-aging drug | Josh Mitteldorf
Incredibly minute amounts, but yes. Think of the dosage. 5 mg or less per day, and a small fraction of that metabolizes into methamphetamine. Just skip it for a couple days if about to take a drug test.

Some consider deprenyl to be energizing; I found it to make me irritable. It's been several years since I've used it, though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Ebacha
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner