over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pullover machine

comedycentral

Registered
Fingers crossed I’ve just bought at a decent price a hammer strength pullover machine. I have never had the opportunity to use one frequently enough to see if there is any benefit to it. No idea where it’s going to go because I’m tapped on space. Anyone still use the pullover machine?

I look for them pretty constantly but haven't gotten one yet.

I'm very out of space too, and kind of want a pendulum squat too.

Fingers crossed I’ve just bought at a decent price a hammer strength pullover machine. I have never had the opportunity to use one frequently enough to see if there is any benefit to it. No idea where it’s going to go because I’m tapped on space. Anyone still use the pullover machine
My gym has one and I actually used it this morning. It's a newer version made by a company called Prime. I liked the old school Nautilus units best but the one at my gym gets the job done

Some people like them. I never got much out of them myself. They don't get used at the gyms i train at very much.

We have two no one uses them. I used for a bit it was cool but can't say it did anything traditional back exercises don't.

Yes, I've owned three. They're a rarity in gyms these days. Nautilus has made the best ones in my opinion. What more companies should do is make the elbow pads adjustable, mainly the width so it can accommodate different sized trainees.

I think it's an overlooked forgotten movement. I remember one of my first hardcore gyms I trained at was called Leo's Black Iron Gym. The owner called the Pullover machine 'The squat for the upper body'. I will never forget that! He showed me when you used it correctly it would annihilate your lats, pecs and abs. He showed me the ab wheel too but that story is for another day 😬

if ur a guy w a partially distal bicep tear (like me) that machine is a godsend to developing lats and taking the arms out of it!
i'm bout to offer to go in half on one for the gym i go to. owner wants one but is hesitant...

I like this pullover machine, we have one at each of my gyms. It's another tool in the arsenal to build a "complete" back. If the movement feels good for you and you are getting results then I would keep doing it.

I think it's an overlooked forgotten movement. I remember one of my first hardcore gyms I trained at was called Leo's Black Iron Gym. The owner called the Pullover machine 'The squat for the upper body'. I will never forget that! He showed me when you used it correctly it would annihilate your lats, pecs and abs. He showed me the ab wheel too but that story is for another day 😬
People who have never used a [Nautilus, or other (?)] pullover machine correctly will never experience how sore it will make your abs.

If you understand the function of the abdominal muscle you will not be bewildered as to the effectiveness of pullover machine is in working your abs.

It really is the ‘upper body squat’, a term first coined by Arthur Jones when he started marketing the pullover machine.

I have the old school Nautilus machine with the cam. Nothing better than the old Nautilus. I have their original leg extension and low incline pec fly.
Yes, the plate loading pullover (which has achieved almost mythological status, deserved or not), the plate loading biceps/ triceps combo machine (I know the man who purchased the first one, a lawyer, it now resides in a high school gymnasium . . . I never got a chance to see it, could have but never did), and the leg extension machine are probably the best for their class for function machines produced.

I know we are talking about pullover machines, but will take this sideways for a moment if you don’t mind . . . still Nautilus. Was recently watching a Dorian Yates training video and in it he was using another piece of Nautilus equipment.
It was a very rare, hard to find triceps pushdown machine. Not many were produced as many, most people, did not know how to use it (Dorian did, one of the few). It is the only triceps machine that I am aware of works that muscle in the fully contracted position. Tricky to use if you don’t under the concept, but highly effective if you do. It will contract your triceps better than any movement I have ever encountered.

Wish i had access to this machine because i used to like the pullover movement. Retore my supraspinatis ( rotater cuff) doing them months ago and getting surgery in less than 2 wks. I think i was focusing too much on getting a stretch and when your as old as me it not such a good idea.

I look for them pretty constantly but haven't gotten one yet.

I'm very out of space too, and kind of want a pendulum squat too.
My gym just brought in a Pendulum squat unit and I absolutely love it!! I've had knee problems (surgery) and I can load this thing up with weight and no discomfort in my knees. I like how u can load the plates for different target areas.

I never used a pullover machine. I’ve always used a dumbbell and a flat bench to do these in the past. Haven’t done this movement in years. Always felt I got better stimulation from other movements. Maybe if I had the excess space I’d own a machine specifically made for this exercise.

Cage

The one Dorian used is in a gym not too far from me. I like Pullover machines and rotate between them or DB's. My new gym has a Nautilus Inspiration pullover machine and it's OK. If I had a home gym a pullover machine would be pretty low on my list of equipment to buy mainly because you can do rope pullovers instead and there are more effective movements imo.

I've tried many pullover machines but never found one that I felt in my back. Instead I do standing unilateral pullovers with a cable which I feel very well. I start back workouts with 3 light sets of them to warm up the lats.

I bought these long straps for cable pullovers and I'm getting much better feel than any pullovers machine I've used including the old Nautilus one.These straps have been a game changer for me.

I bought these long straps for cable pullovers and I'm getting much better feel than any pullovers machine I've used including the old Nautilus one.These straps have been a game changer for me.
What are they called? Do you connect them to a pulley or free weights somehow?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Nelson Camryn
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131