mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The All Things 2023 Mr. Olympia Discussion Thread - News, Pics, Predictions etc.

A close Olympia is always controversial. I suppose it all depends on what the judges seem to be favoring one year. Hadi looked to have the best conditioning. He comes in hard and dry every year. He clearly knows how to do it, and is consistent. He also looked wider than Derek in the front poses. He carries more muscle than Derek. Seems like Hadi should have kept first, IMO, but BBing is subjective. Always has been, always will be.

It's all political bullshit - Hadi won. There are pieces of Derek that were better just like any direct comparison, but the overall package A to Z wasn't close. Fucked result - but that's becoming much more common in the world these days.

sad thing is Hadi got screwed even worse several years back at I believe a Korean pro show against Flex Lewis. Smoked him but it was Flex Lewis and no way they were going to give it to Hadi. It was painfully obvious based on the pics. Much worse than Hadi vs. Derek.

It's all political bullshit - Hadi won. There are pieces of Derek that were better just like any direct comparison, but the overall package A to Z wasn't close. Fucked result - but that's becoming much more common in the world these days.

Do you believe it's a statement on what's going on the world today ?
Maybe having Hadi as the face of your sport is not good for business?
Too divisive?
This is bordering on my last warning and permanent ban(inappropriate content)
But the white elephant is in in the room and just took a big shit in the punch bowl

Too divisive?
But the white elephant is in in the room and just took a big shit in the punch bowl
I’ll take a shot at this and say I don’t think it has anything to do with where he’s from.

It cracks me up that guys (not saying you) still think bodybuilding is judged soley based on the best physique on stage. 🤣

As someone who competes and who has sponsored many shows through my business it’s simple… competitive bodybuilding is a boys club. You’re either in the circle or you’re not.

It exist in most sports and things in life and I don’t compete for the reasons most do, but I just accept it for what it is. I’m competing against the last version of myself and nothing more because I love to train.

Watch NFL this season. So many bad ref calls and games that could have gone either way. These calls exist in all sports and as athletes we have know that and adjust accordingly.

May not be a flattering answer but I’ll say it as it’s the reality IMO.

Just curious. I checked his page and he has something written but it’s in his language and I can’t translate. Did Hadi ever put out an apology for walking off?

I see he posted something saying he’s coming for the Olympia next year and I understand the competitiveness but good luck with the shit you pulled which prob rubbed a lot of judges the wrong way.

Nonsense. Hadi won the the Mr. Olympia last year. He barely lost this year to the guy he barely beat last year.

Just curious. I checked his page and he has something written but it’s in his language and I can’t translate. Did Hadi ever put out an apology for walking off?

I see he posted something saying he’s coming for the Olympia next year and I understand the competitiveness but good luck with the shit you pulled which prob rubbed a lot of judges the wrong way.
He did apologize and was mostly sorry for disappointing his fans and Iran

Too divisive?
I personally do..I’m not into bodybuilding at all so I don’t have a trained eye or anything.

But as a dude who is just a less than casual observer hadi looked a lot better to me.

But I can’t express this enough..I don’t know what the hell im talking about! Just my opinion

It cracks me up that guys (not saying you) still think bodybuilding is judged soley based on the best physique on stage. 🤣
i'm fully aware 'inside' politics, marketing, overall business decisions are considered when 'picking' a winner.
i do believe its the above that may have tipped the scales in favor of this years winner.
meaning, picking hadi may alienate one half of overall olympia audience.
or even alienate the deep pockets financing the olympia(and federation)
who controls the purse strings ?
not sure, but did any ME(in the general sense) competitors win their respective class ?
this global 'turmoil', i believe, has more impact and influence than you give it credit.
this isnt just joe weider wanting arnold to win because its great for marketing and exposure.
those days are over. many have chosen sides and stand firm in their position.

I personally do..I’m not into bodybuilding at all so I don’t have a trained eye or anything.

But as a dude who is just a less than casual observer hadi looked a lot better to me.

But I can’t express this enough..I don’t know what the hell im talking about! Just my opinion
yes.. i thought hadi won as well.. but i'm just a casual who doesnt count calories. so what do i know.

i'm fully aware 'inside' politics, marketing, overall business decisions are considered when 'picking' a winner.
i do believe its the above that may have tipped the scales in favor of this years winner.
meaning, picking hadi may alienate one half of overall olympia audience.
or even alienate the deep pockets financing the olympia(and federation)
who controls the purse strings ?
not sure, but did any ME(in the general sense) competitors win their respective class ?
this global 'turmoil', i believe, has more impact and influence than you give it credit.
this isnt just joe weider wanting arnold to win because its great for marketing and exposure.
those days are over. many have chosen sides and stand firm in their position.
I don’t disagree. We have much larger problems right now than the politics in bodybuilding.

I think this sport just shows it a bit more as it’s the most raw sport there is in my opinion. The work, suffering and discipline that go into prepping year after year and then to compete in posing trunks on stage. It’s obvious who looks the best IMO because of how raw the sport is.

Then you add in politics, money, friendships and other factors… it goes out the window.

Hadi looked much better on stage. The judges would argue it’s subjective. Which sure it can be to a degree.

For my last show I was sick of not nailing what the judges wanted so I contacted the IFBB classic judge, the promoter, and expediter and asked “what are you looking for in this show.” And they told me- crazy conditioning and symmetry. Which is the opposite of what the NPC judges wanted at my show in 2022- they wanted size as I learned after.

Either way- Hadi will never make it back on top storming off the stage. He either plays the game or doesn’t compete as Lee Priest found out many years ago.

I showed my lady who isnt a fan or know more then the average person and she thought Hadi was better then Derek... Just saying lol. I have to watch the individual posing to see how everyone looked

Or maybe they wanted a big controversy like this thread to keep the clicks ($$$) rolling. After all social media is the main driver of any financial institution nowadays

How the hell can you win with 2 enormous lumps in your lat? Hadi was robbed. Everyone would always talk about ramy and hadi site enhancements but when Derek has it , it’s fine. The Olympia is a joke.
Can't say your wrong ^^^

The spots on his lats look like glaze to me. They likely just did it too fast before he went out on stage and didn’t blend it fully. That with bad lighting will give that look.

However, you truly never know with guys and SEO. How much they use and where. Lol
Glaze??? Your not that dumb so please stop ✋🏿. Your smarter than that so I don't know what your trying to pull off with this bullshit post! I have read many of your post to know that your smart enough to know that those two LUMPS are not glaze.
Are you related to Derek?

Picture of derek from last year, those "lumps" are just the way his muscle grows there.
View attachment 185188
Can you find any image of any other human (try Google image search) that has lat muscles that "GROW LIKE THAT" LOL... or is Derek some kind of alien with different DNA?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekomodo_ifbbpro
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
yourdailyvitamins
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131