over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What has changed?

From the 80's, 90's, early 2000's, to now what has really changed in bodybuilding?

My short thoughts
Gh and insulin has become more available over the years and doses have climbed since these substances hit the bodybuilding scene

Doses in my opinion across the board have increased and a lot of this could be due to easier availability. Each Era had their own specific abusers like Titus in his time and various other in each Era but for across the board and the entire field I feel doses have raised.

That is about it, I don't think much has changed in the way of nutrition or even training (for those that claim intra workout nutrition was it truly that or the overall massive inclusion of GH and slin across the field of individuals?) ...due to availability ^^

Discuss, give us your opinions
Hey bboy and every, long time ;)

I've spent a lot of time thinking of this over the last few decades and I've come to the conclusion it is mostly site enhancement, hear me out:

The monsters of the early/mid 90s built their size in the 80s for the most part, these guys really maxed out their physiques before the site enhancement really got crazy in the mid 90s, but site enhancement looks GOOD on these bodybuilders because they started it AFTER their had their muscle maturity. It still destroyed a lot of physiques and ruined a lot of physique "flow" but it wasn't very bad. As we moved into this century, all of the guys started using site enhancement way earlier on, this gives a very bad look, quickly, although it still looks pretty good if do right.

That's it, I don't think it's GH or slin, Yates was about as big as one can get with those even though he was a monster, the "look" he is missing is the cartoonish inflation that is site enhancement.

To everyone who thinks, I see some guys using site enhancement, but you can tell, and most guys don't use it. I would disagree and say that every bodybuilder is using it in every muscle with a small handful of exceptions.

No judgment, that's just my theory.

CT calcium score test aren’t “new”. Lol they also only show hard calcium build up not soft plaque which is what you should be concerned with.

Statins just help the body convert more soft plaque to hard calcium so that it’s stabilized and has less chance of causing a heart attack.

If you have a high CT calcium score you should take a hard look at diet and lifestyle, but is not what I would use as an indicator of whether or not statins should be used IMO.

A CT angiogram with Cleerly? Sure.
The "new" part of CT calcium scores is a different kind of CT scan that is much lower in radiation and is appropriate for preventative testing without symptoms, also can be found for a few hundred dollars or less. Previously the radiation dose of heart CT scans was considered too high for general prevenative testing.

Whoaaaaa Kaladryn! Thats a name i haven't seen in a good minute...... Now fellas THIS is a smart mofo right here!...Hoping you're well!

I've spent a lot of time thinking of this over the last few decades and I've come to the conclusion it is mostly site enhancement, hear me out:

The monsters of the early/mid 90s built their size in the 80s for the most part, these guys really maxed out their physiques before the site enhancement really got crazy in the mid 90s, but site enhancement looks GOOD on these bodybuilders because they started it AFTER their had their muscle maturity. It still destroyed a lot of physiques and ruined a lot of physique "flow" but it wasn't very bad. As we moved into this century, all of the guys started using site enhancement way earlier on, this gives a very bad look, quickly, although it still looks pretty good if do right.

That's it, I don't think it's GH or slin, Yates was about as big as one can get with those even though he was a monster, the "look" he is missing is the cartoonish inflation that is site enhancement.

To everyone who thinks, I see some guys using site enhancement, but you can tell, and most guys don't use it. I would disagree and say that every bodybuilder is using it in every muscle with a small handful of exceptions.

You're one of the good guys Kaladryn but meh... I don't think it's simply site enhancement. I think it's a tool in the tool box among many other tools. That's just me.

Interesting thought there.

Yes I do agree that it's use has become more normalized since the 90's.

So I will then make my statement that other than slin, GH, and SEO, nothing groundbreaking has happened in over 30 years in this sport

The biggest difference to me is the availability of information and access to videos how to perform certain exercises as far as technique and stimulating the muscles your trying to work . I'm 46 yo , when I started lifting around age 14 we had to rely on magazines with pictures of people doing the exercise , I swear I have pretty big arms from not doing back exercises properly lol . It's the videos and info at our fingertips thats changed the game for me . On the other side , the misinformation and bullshit is also at our fingertips which I see fucking these gyms up . The gym used to be sacred ground in my area , now it's filled with people scrolling through the gram looking for their next exercise , generally an isolation movement involving something unilateral , with bands. On one foot , and the misappropriation of a machine or two. The gym turned into more of a hobby , it's the only activity you can do without having a clue what your doing , you just need a membership .

I don't know where you got this information from brother. Did they say the took 4 grams of gear?

I think one of the things that people seem to believe in more nowadays is High intensity Dorian Yates style of training, because back in the 80s and 90s almost everybody is high volume now.

Bodybuilders today are arguably stronger with strict form than they were back in the 80s and 90s. Nick Walker repping out 225lb db on an incline for like 6 reps. Iain valliere, James Hollingshead, Dallas McCarver, Branch Warren and many other heavy hitters who moved insane ammounts of weight. In every era the biggest guys tend to be the strongest guys as well. There is videos of Big Ramy doing 150lb db flies on incline with perfct form. Even Jay Cutler who is known for using moderate weights did a 550lb bench for 2 in his younger years. Nick Walker said his best was 535 for 6 reps, Dorian Yates doing 4 plate rows with perfect form for reps and many others
I dont know your age, but from old podcast and some new.

From the 80's, 90's, early 2000's, to now what has really changed in bodybuilding?

My short thoughts
Gh and insulin has become more available over the years and doses have climbed since these substances hit the bodybuilding scene

Doses in my opinion across the board have increased and a lot of this could be due to easier availability. Each Era had their own specific abusers like Titus in his time and various other in each Era but for across the board and the entire field I feel doses have raised.

That is about it, I don't think much has changed in the way of nutrition or even training (for those that claim intra workout nutrition was it truly that or the overall massive inclusion of GH and slin across the field of individuals?) ...due to availability ^^

Discuss, give us your opinions
I agree, the cost has gone down, more variety of drugs are available (I remember when all we could get was mexican vet stuff) and therefore doses have gone up. I mean, If Arnold took 50mg dbol and 200mg deca of course the next guy is going to take something higher.

The amount of people that do steroids.

How openly it is talked about.

How easy they are to get.

But I'm still sure there are a lot of lying bastards out there who present themselves as fake natty

If you decide you want to get dick skin shredded to go on vacation this summer do you need accountability? I've seen you get pretty fucking lean, did you hire a coach? Could you have gotten even leaner on your own?

Ps.
I'm not against coaches at all, I've had my fair share, but I have also prepped myself several times also. The amount of information I have at my fingertips now is much, much more than I had then.
You are not a moron though. Many can not tell the difference between a website that is selling them something vs a peer reviewed double blind placebo controlled trial.

People think that informercial about being what you eat on netflix is "science." These people need their hand held less they get lost.

Agree I think your asking good questions. I think another one is, how the hell are so many people able to offer coaching? Some of these coaches are as small as me or fat. Are people really hiring them? Are these guys making a living doing this or a few bucks on the side? Basically how is the market not completely saturated where there aren't enough clients willing to pay to match the people trying to make money off coaching. Seems like new coaches pop up every week, so I guess supply still doesn't meet demand. That is surprising because I would think supply has exceeded demand and people would give up on making decent money coaching.
Regarding the supply side: I have exactly three spots left.......................................................just saying. lol

Lol has anything groundbreaking happened since this...LOL

View attachment 190461
But I believe Mr. Aceto's approach has changed dramatically over the years based on the multiple research journals he subscribes to, thus always applying the most cutting edge scienece............................................lol

So then basically nothing "groundbreaking" has happened in over 30-40 years in the sport of bodybuilding, correct?
Getting and using large amounts perhaps has not changed much but the ability to get and use large amounts of the exact compounds you want vs what was available has certainly changed, at least for the average bber.

LOL, I remember the very first list I ever managed to get emailed to me in 2000. It had a bunch of meds available from a euro pharmacy. The only two things I recognized were Halo and Lasix.....................so my order list was short lol.

Good stuff! Would you say that it is/was the insulin/gh, food volume, or both that caused people to have such distension? With people more educated on insulin resistance, are you seeing less distension or is it still as common as years ago?
Food volume has played a massive role in the size of bodybuilders stomachs over the years. In fact, I would say it is the single biggest contributor, generally. Fortunately, today, bodybuilders are beginning to take steps to help reduce the issue...many of which have been discussed on this board ad nauseum.

With more and more bodybuilders, at all levels, using insulin and GH in large dosages, I wouldn't say that insulin resistance has become less of an issue. I think it has become a bigger issue (generally), BUT...it seems that a larger percentage of top bodybuilders (or their coaches) now understand the issue and have begun to to implement preventative/ corrective action.

So, while the problem may be growing overall, it seems to be getting better on the Olympia stage (at least visually).

Are People in usa decently buff on avg? Social media fucked up my perception i thought everyone was crazy buff, did 1 cycle and im the third biggest guy in my gym out of 100, so where are all these buff people? On the street etc i literally never see someone more buff than me. This site is another example, its millions of people all over the world, including pros so if i compare myself to biggest guys here im pretty small. But in real life people like that are so sparse that ul never really see someone that big irl. Just my viewpoint.
I'm currently writing my Congressman in an effort to have he work "buff" stricken from the English language...

Saw this on Dorian’s Facebook page today. A never shared photo from the 1996 Olympia.

Has the sport changed for the better… 🤔

View attachment 194842
I will add to this part of his post as he straight up called guys out today-

“The term of the ‘first of the mass monsters’ has been put to me frequently by others, both during my career and after, but all that does is show how little they actually know about my mental strategies and the effort I took to bring not just a slightly bigger physique each year but one that was improved in specific areas that were very pre-planned. I came in absolutely bone-dry shredded and sacrificed some muscle mass, if it meant I could come in even more diced to show a crazy amount of detail.

Probably the opposite to the current day of the Open Class Mr. Olympia strategy of competing with maximum size and fullness, but lacking detail and conditioning, especially from the back.

Like I said last week, I think purely chasing the numbers game is the wrong approach, it’s about combining size, conditioning and having good proportions… making small increases in the right places.”

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshely
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131