over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What has changed?

Pictures and real life are not the same. The only thing pics are good for is comparing shape and maybe size. You know this as you’ve been competing for quite some time.
Trying to judge and compare their conditioning here is about impossible and useless.
Dorian got so lean it hurt for him to walk or sit down because of his lack of bodyfat.
LOL....OK

Ronnie, Phil, and Flex Lewis could get so dry from the back, especially from the waist down, that it's a major factor in what asserted their dominance.

100%
And, this isn't because they were doing anything special or different from their competitors. They were just gifted (plus doing all the stuff everyone else was in terms of work, diet, supps, etc.)
A lot of times we (the average person) looks at the gifted and wonder what they're doing differently, when there isn't anything they're doing differently. Some are just more blessed with less fat cells in certain areas, etc. than others. Yes they bust ass too, but they're also gifted. Someone with an IQ of 85 will never have the deep understanding of someone with an IQ of 145 regardless of how much they study, work, etc... that's just how the cards were dealt.

Okay what? You’re the one trying to judge and compare conditioning from pictures.
I’m telling you what you know that it’s stupid when people do that
Truly I'm going by what their competitors said. Levrone, Wheeler, Jackson, Cormier, Nasser. They said Ronnie was on another level both size and Conditioning (we are talking 1998, 1999, 2000, aka best Ronnie Coleman)

Dorian for that time was fucking amazing! hell for anytime, but then came THE G.O.A.T. Ronnie "BIG NASTY" Coleman.

I posted Dorian’s post/pic earlier. Here’s one that went up today from Hany and Hadi to show “guys today”. The biggest difference I see?

Dorian’s = No Filter.

Why do guys today insist on sharpening the hell out of their photo’s…

View attachment 194875

Hadi doesn't need this, and what's worse is that he looks worse than in the real photos.

Dorian was the GOAT of his time. But his post yesterday was calling out guys “today”.

Just incase anyone has forgotten what came after Dorian…

View attachment 194899

93 Dorian (pre bicep tear) beats a 98 ronnie
Dorian was 255 and Ronnie was 247
Btw phil heath said in 2011 ( his all time best) he was 232 on stage

03 ronnie is untouchable though

1998 Olympia Ronnie? OK, 1998 BGP Ronnie? Hell no
Besides any bodybuilder that has competed against them both will tell you themselves that the best Coleman beats the best ever Yates. Hell the best ever Phil Heath beats the best ever Yates. Best ever Phil Heath would have beat Ray, Wheeler, Leverone, his conditioning from the back blew those guys out the water..LOL

Ok I have beaten this horse to death so I retire from this subject.
Now back to our originally scheduled program.

1998 Olympia Ronnie? OK, 1998 BGP Ronnie? Hell no
Besides any bodybuilder that has competed against them both will tell you themselves that the best Coleman beats the best ever Yates. Hell the best ever Phil Heath beats the best ever Yates. Best ever Phil Heath would have beat Ray, Wheeler, Leverone, his conditioning from the back blew those guys out the water..LOL

Ok I have beaten this horse to death so I retire from this subject.
Now back to our originally scheduled program.
Oops ^^^ 1999 BGP Ronnie Coleman.

The goal of me posting the pics yesterday and today was not to compare bodybuilders. It was to show @b-boy point of this great thread. What has changed…

We see from Arnold to Yates. Huge.
Yates to Coleman… insane.
Coleman to Heath… we level out?

What has really improved today… have we maxed out? Lost the genetic elite or is it just laziness. 🤔

I came up on Priest and Coleman and obsessed over Dorian’s style. So I am probably biased. I just don’t see it in today’s guys.

The goal of me posting the pics yesterday and today was not to compare bodybuilders. It was to show @b-boy point of this great thread. What has changed…

What has really improved today… have we maxed out? Lost the genetic elite or is it just laziness. 🤔

I came up on Priest and Coleman and obsessed over Dorian’s style. So I am probably biased. I just don’t see it in today’s guys.
I think some of it is too many classes holding guys back that could be truly great back from competing in the open.

Derek and Hadi are 212 guys.

I’d just do away with physique and classic and physique and only have bodybuilding.

and I think that we are simply in times of pussy boys lol and everyone is afraid of everything starting from gear, through "optimal training" or "no one needs 2g/lbs protein"

It's ugly as hell imo. Some of the top show photographer's pics are like paintings, I actually get a bit physically sick seeing them lol. All the professional "training" photoshoots look like crap, I don't think I've liked any recent bodybuilding photographers' work. I'd prefer polaroids to this.

Resurrect Art Zeller!
And Chris Lund, if we want to end a few more careers.

more people are bodybuilding or in the gym due to gear. take away the gear and you will see gyms emptying out. this is partly due to ease of access. back in the day you almost had to look like you were on gear to even ask for it from the one big guy in the gym that had the connect.

imagine telling someone go lift for 5 -10 years before asking for gear? lol i bet they will pick another sport.
This is so true. When I lived in Miami, the joke was “How can you tell when someone around here is on a cycle? They are in the gym!“ Literally, if the guys down there weren’t running something, they were sitting at the house, and didn’t come near the gym. Guys would disappear for two or three months and then come back to the gym 15 pounds lighter, when they have secured their next few vials and bottles of pills.

As for what changed, I really don’t think most guys train as hard or put as much emphasis on training as they did in the past. It’s all about drugs/nutrition protocols and training the least amount possible to recover. I’m not a pro but different periods of high training intensity have produced significant changes in my physique with all other variables the same. I think some guys see training as a check the box, “okay I stimulated it” sort of thing and then put 100% into drugs and food after 50% into training
You don’t see many guys truly killing themselves in the gym anymore. Lots of machine use too.

As for what changed, I really don’t think most guys train as hard or put as much emphasis on training as they did in the past. It’s all about drugs/nutrition protocols and training the least amount possible to recover. I’m not a pro but different periods of high training intensity have produced significant changes in my physique with all other variables the same. I think some guys see training as a check the box, “okay I stimulated it” sort of thing and then put 100% into drugs and food after 50% into training
You don’t see many guys truly killing themselves in the gym anymore. Lots of machine use too.
I was scouring through old posts on here and saw a video John Meadows from the Ultimate Warrior and said this is what I think of over training.
I wish I could remember where saw it but it was awesome.

I really think most people should never even think about if they’re doing too much.

Back in the day I dont remember anybody saying stay away from failure and only do x number of sets because of fatigue or some shit.

There are all kinds of pros that train hard. Brett Wilkins, Hunter Lebrada, Shaun Clarida, Keone Pearson, Hadi, and a whole bunch more.

I don’t follow Derek closely, but let’s looks at 2nd at the last O and and Arnold Champion Hadi.

Based on everything I’ve seen and known about him, I truly do not believe that the reason he hasn’t broken into some new realm of physique is because he hasn’t been training hard enough, doing enough cardio, eating correctly etc

When i used to compete in powerlifting i liked having a coach prepare me for my meets because i have pretty severe obssesive compulsive disorder and it manifests itself in a number of ways so everything i do in life down to the smallest tasks tend to take longer.

I can easily becomes fixated on the smallest details in training, cycles, and nutrition and its exhausting so it really did save me a lot of time by just having someone direct me.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ThirdLegery Gregory
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131