over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What has changed?

When i used to compete in powerlifting i liked having a coach prepare me for my meets because i have pretty severe obssesive compulsive disorder and it manifests itself in a number of ways so everything i do in life down to the smallest tasks tend to take longer.

I can easily becomes fixated on the smallest details in training, cycles, and nutrition and its exhausting so it really did save me a lot of time by just having someone direct me.
Man I think whatever makes one want to lift heavy things also manifests ocd. I know exactly what you mean, I see it in my life and you see it here in other people's posts. At least you recognize it and take steps to minimize its impact in your life! Therapy helps a bit as well.

I don’t follow Derek closely, but let’s looks at 2nd at the last O and and Arnold Champion Hadi.

Based on everything I’ve seen and known about him, I truly do not believe that the reason he hasn’t broken into some new realm of physique is because he hasn’t been training hard enough, doing enough cardio, eating correctly etc
Hadi is the exception as @b-boy said IMO. He always comes peeled.

What is really missing at that level IMO is the genetic elite training like Ronnie, Jay and Dorian used to.

Hadi makes up for it with every aspect of his life and training.

But it the combination of it ALL IMO that made that era so great. Today we have a lot of Flex Wheeler’s on pro stages IMO.

But it the combination of it ALL IMO that made that era so great. Today we have a lot of Flex Wheeler’s on pro stages IMO.
There is no difference between now and the 90's when it comes to training.
There were guys who trained brutally hard back then and guys that trained like toddlers
Same thing NOW, guys that train brutally hard and guys that train like toddlers.

I don’t follow Derek closely, but let’s looks at 2nd at the last O and and Arnold Champion Hadi.

Based on everything I’ve seen and known about him, I truly do not believe that the reason he hasn’t broken into some new realm of physique is because he hasn’t been training hard enough, doing enough cardio, eating correctly etc

He has maximized his genetics but can still have better hams.

In Iran they have the culture of weightlifting, this guy is built like a rock, and he certainly knows how to suffer as much as he needs to.

There is no difference between now and the 90's when it comes to training.
There were guys who trained brutally hard back then and guys that trained like toddlers
Same thing NOW, guys that train brutally hard and guys that train like toddlers.
Sure. But that’s not what I said in the full post lol. I said there’s a lot more guys today training like toddlers who have great genetics than in the 90’s.

I've noticed several mentions of Synthol/SEO. It seems like it's being utilized more frequently by today's top-level competitors than in the past. I recall seeing some unusual lumps under Derek's armpits when he won the Mr. O, and Hadi is frequently mentioned as someone who uses significant amounts of Synthol/SEO in his shoulders.

Synthol is definitely more accepted on and off stage and still most guys don’t know how to use the shit either. DNP seems a little more prevalent as well.
Yes, I forgot to mention DNP use as well. Seems more folks talk about using DNP now than back in the day.

Who have you seen, because basically EVERYONE has a video on YT, that trains like shit nowadays?
That’s exactly what I’m saying…. When was the last time we saw a YT video of someone training like Dorian, Ronnie, or Levrone.

Sure there are guys with decent genetics who train hard these days as @b-boy mentioned in a previous post like Claurida and Hadi. But they’re not Ronnie or Jay.

I think CBUM trains harder than many of the open guys today in his videos.

I know some guys still train like animals- we on this board are example of that.

I’m talking about at the top. I just don’t see it as much these days. I miss seeing Ronnie and Jay doing 4-5 plates a side for bent barbell rows and bending bars on movements.

As I said I’m biased to that era because it’s how I was taught and what I came up on. 🤷‍♂️

So we have a pretty good agreement of nothing really new and groundbreaking has happened in the last 30+ years
1. Use of slin and gh increased due to availability
2. Use of more gear probably due to again availability and ease of access.

So still my question is why does EVERYONE need a coach? Nothing new in nutrition or training has taken place, nothing but increase in gear and use of insulin and gh.
We live in a time now of having unlimited knowledge at our fingertips.
Most people rather be told what to do than do rather than do their own research and lead with their own point of view. Many followers, not many leaders.

That’s exactly what I’m saying…. When was the last time we saw a YT video of someone training like Dorian, Ronnie, or Levrone.
James training reminds me very much of Dorian, for one. Nick has been leaning that way as well lately, as he discussed in recent interview.

I've noticed several mentions of Synthol/SEO. It seems like it's being utilized more frequently by today's top-level competitors than in the past. I recall seeing some unusual lumps under Derek's armpits when he won the Mr. O, and Hadi is frequently mentioned as someone who uses significant amounts of Synthol/SEO in his shoulders.

SEO/Synthol has now normalized and we see a lot of physique distortions. Judges demand fullness and condition, but don't give a shit about weird stuff or shoulders without stretch marks.

In the late 90's it was also a crazy thing with Nasser, Flex, Ernye, but then there was a period when we didn't see much of this, I'm thinking only in Ruhl.

Nick is such an impressive bodybuilder. He it gives it everything, 100% of the time.
I think there’s a lot of survivorship bias and rose tinted glasses when we assess modern vs past bodybuilders. Maybe some day I’ll be saying “no one now trains like how Hadi and Nick did” lol.

Sure there are guys with decent genetics who train hard these days as @b-boy mentioned in a previous post like Claurida and Hadi. But they’re not Ronnie or Jay.

I think CBUM trains harder than many of the open guys today in his videos.

I know some guys still train like animals- we on this board are example of that.

I’m talking about at the top. I just don’t see it as much these days. I miss seeing Ronnie and Jay doing 4-5 plates a side for bent barbell rows and bending bars on movements.

As I said I’m biased to that era because it’s how I was taught and what I came up on. 🤷‍♂️
Not a bodybuilder but saw this guy's feed just after reading this.
Super impressive

Come on bro thats 5. Get those glasses back on 😶‍🌫️
Watch the video. 😂 he goes up to 6. It’s early… us old young guys still have our contacts in. LOL

The goal of me posting the pics yesterday and today was not to compare bodybuilders. It was to show @b-boy point of this great thread. What has changed…

We see from Arnold to Yates. Huge.
Yates to Coleman… insane.
Coleman to Heath… we level out?

What has really improved today… have we maxed out? Lost the genetic elite or is it just laziness. 🤔

I came up on Priest and Coleman and obsessed over Dorian’s style. So I am probably biased. I just don’t see it in today’s guys.
I think we are starting to see the the ‘future freak’ but only body part by body part, not all assembled, perfect, ready to go.

We see that guy, don’t recall his name but its neck_something, from Nigeria?

Forget his neck, look a his legs. Freakish. They look swollen, full of air. We are, I think, going to see more and more of this, with different body parts, eventually all on one person.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ThirdLegery Gregory
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131