over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Waxing Before a Show (Back)

homonunculus

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Fellas (and, well, I guess ladies, too...),

Sorry if I missed a large thread on this, but the search function was not working for me. (Normally not a problem.)

I'm wondering who has gotten their back waxed before a show and, in particular:

-Did you get a rash afterwards...
-Skin inflammation that would reduce / blur definition / separation...
-How long before the show did you wax...
-Did you have to shave as well?...
-Any other problems...

I had it done last week and have a suspicion that the aesthetician wasn't especially good, at least at this. Biggest clue was that she left wax on my back, which ruined the shirt I wore home. This wax (called "bubblegum" - looked just like it) was pretty irritating for the rest of that night.

The actual removal of hair was not horribly painful (I'd say a 3/10 on a 0 - 10 pain scale). My hair was getting caught in the roll on bottle of wax she initially used (and another therapist said she should have shaved me first and then waxed), which was more painful / irritating than the removal. She then switched to the bubblegum wax, but required about 5-10s of picking at the edges to get it to come up where she could do the removal. (This, too was far worse than the removal.) Overall the pain was tolerable, and not really an issue, though.

Also, not all of the hair was gone, and a shaving would be required anyway... (A fine kind of hair was left, but still enough that it should be removed before stepping on stage...)

Anyway, wondering about timing, success, or any other things to do, watch out for, not do, etc. wrt to doing this.

TIA!!!

-Randy

I was looking into get some waxing done but did a lot of reading and found that while on accutane it is not a good idea to wax your skin. Your skin may get pulled of witht he wax and hair. So hopefully you are not running accutane.

I start waxing or getting waxed aout 8 weeks out. This gives me at least three waxings so the skin is used to it and regrowth does not happen till about 4 weeks after the last one.

i will get the last of my waxing done 1 week before my show! perfect result everytime!!

Get it all waxed, chest arms legs back bikini the lot. Your skin with color will never look better!!

I know it's a hike but if you are serious come up to Scottsdale. I have a lady that is awesome and honestly some of the things you said about your experience don't even make sense. I just started getting my whole body waxed and I will never go back to shaving. My skin is perfect and I am completely hairless. Not to mention that my hair regrowth after shaving is almost instant and with waxing it took over two weeks before I saw any hair at all.

If you want the number for the lady I use shoot me a PM because you will need an appt asap as she is booked out for at least 4 weeks. She's been waxing for longer than I've been alive.

Dusty,

Many thanks for the help! (You've got a PM...)

-R

Mr Black - thanks for the head's up. No accutane here.

Oldfella.... Great advice. I'll try to get another on in here in a week or so and then about 1 week out.

-R

Have tried the waxing, shaving even laser hair removal stuff. I wouldn't get waxed just out from a show if you were getting it done for the first time. The last thing you want is a skin aggravation which you carry into your show. Get it done at least once a long way out to see how you go.

I wax periodically then shave leading into the last week before a show to make sure I'm as smooth as possible. Dusty sounds like he has it down pat.

A few years ago I used to get my chest done. I did a lot of crying out for the sweet baby Jeebus in those sessions

There are many variables in why people break out from waxing. The person doing the waxing, the wax used and the individual's skin. For an astringent that will relieve bumps and breakouts over night try Tend Skin. There are many copies out there, but this one is pretty much the best and the original:

**broken link removed**

I am going to get a full body wax the monday before my show...Should I get it done closer to my show or is that the right amount of time to get it done?

I have had areas of my body waxed before a show with no breakouts but I am worried about the full body waxing and breaking out that is why I am getting it done on monday and not closer in case something happens..

Or am I doing this wrong?? lol..

What does it cost to get your entire body waxed?

I am going to get a full body wax the monday before my show...Should I get it done closer to my show or is that the right amount of time to get it done?

I have had areas of my body waxed before a show with no breakouts but I am worried about the full body waxing and breaking out that is why I am getting it done on monday and not closer in case something happens..

Or am I doing this wrong?? lol..

I cant help but see you laying there and then burting out "Ahhhhh, Kelly Clarkson!":D

What does it cost to get your entire body waxed?

Alot but I have some discounts.....:D

Main- I know dude I could take the couple small patches of hair removed the last couple years before my show but this time its going to be different..:eek: :st:r-wars

has anyone done the laser hair removal so? I was told you go for 3-4 visits and then it becomes permanent? Not sure how much it costs but if i had to wax all the time i would deffinently go that route.

Alot but I have some discounts.....:D

Main- I know dude I could take the couple small patches of hair removed the last couple years before my show but this time its going to be different..:eek: :st:r-wars

alot would beeee??????

Fellas (and, well, I guess ladies, too...),

Sorry if I missed a large thread on this, but the search function was not working for me. (Normally not a problem.)

I'm wondering who has gotten their back waxed before a show and, in particular:

-Did you get a rash afterwards...
-Skin inflammation that would reduce / blur definition / separation...
-How long before the show did you wax...
-Did you have to shave as well?...
-Any other problems...

I had it done last week and have a suspicion that the aesthetician wasn't especially good, at least at this. Biggest clue was that she left wax on my back, which ruined the shirt I wore home. This wax (called "bubblegum" - looked just like it) was pretty irritating for the rest of that night.

The actual removal of hair was not horribly painful (I'd say a 3/10 on a 0 - 10 pain scale). My hair was getting caught in the roll on bottle of wax she initially used (and another therapist said she should have shaved me first and then waxed), which was more painful / irritating than the removal. She then switched to the bubblegum wax, but required about 5-10s of picking at the edges to get it to come up where she could do the removal. (This, too was far worse than the removal.) Overall the pain was tolerable, and not really an issue, though.

Also, not all of the hair was gone, and a shaving would be required anyway... (A fine kind of hair was left, but still enough that it should be removed before stepping on stage...)

Anyway, wondering about timing, success, or any other things to do, watch out for, not do, etc. wrt to doing this.

TIA!!!

-Randy

My back needs it BAD but after reading this I'm scared now:D

I had the laser done a couple of times as part of a free trial. It grew back. Of course it would have taken 'more treatments' that I had to pay for to solve that apparently!

Bulldog if you have been waxed before and had no breakout problems then you should be fine. I'd say a week out will be fine for the skin to settle. To cover off on all bases you could always grab what Kaiser suggests if there is a problem

My back needs it BAD but after reading this I'm scared now:D

I do it for my back only ... depending of the wax they use I tend to get SEVERE back acne for a few days after

I would definitly do it a long time before the show to see how u react

in my case there must be a kind of wax I can't support

waxing makes my skin all crappy looking. just get your girlfriend or wife to shave it. lol if my girl complains my mama will always shave my back for me!!!!!

i got BAD acne from last winter cycle "500mg testE,deca300mg ew wk1-16"
and now its summer/spring and the shit ant gone yet but looks better then befor and i am a VARY unlucky HAIRY MOFO!! it sux and well im sure waxing will rip out my healing scabs and acne. shaving seemes to be an option but the few times i did my back and chest it was INGROWN hair o rama. so would shaving over and over for a few weeks lead to less ingrowns?? curious if it gets better or i dont want to bother agen. also with waxing? as is wut this thread is about.
wut have you guys exp???
thanx for your time. :)

ps. DONT USE YOUR GFS NAIR!!!!!! lol:eek:

(sorry if i rambled its late and ima bout to go TKO)

I'm relatively hairy, so I had my back waxed two weeks ago. I broke out real bad. But by the end of the week it was almost all gone.

So before a show I'd suggest waxing at least two weeks prior.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
chevy66
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131