advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

All you guys who stay at 8-10% bf year round: How do you do it?

For me staying lean is a matter of eating clean, basing my high carbs around meal 1 pre and pwo. Ill eat 300 grams of carbs around meal 1 pre And pwo and 100 grams around the rest of my meals. 20 minutes cardio 3-4x week. And small mini diets when needed to restore insulin sensitivith

400MG Test + 5 IU HGH + either:

Anabolic Diet (Carb up on weekends) or
100 Carb/Day Diet
Personally get my carbs Pre Workout from Berries... Then use that during the session. Not the best source for growth, but great for MY purposes.

More for a lean/vascular look than a huge look. Do I think the anabolics are necessary? For me, yes, especially to maintain fullness on such a carb restriction.

Anabolic diet will kind of kill your weekends when your insulin and serotonin levels spike. 100 carb diet is easy enough to follow without the insulin spikes.

Both work FOR ME.

Last edited:
blessed with the "lean" genetics

I think there is potential for a very long answer here but suffice it to say, I eat a constant macro and on weekends eat whatever I want when I want (within reason) I am blessed with a high metabolism so staying lean is easy. on just a LIL bit of supps, no prob at all.
-JS

After competing last November it took a good 2 months of eating everything on sight before I was above 8-10% and that was cruising on 100/100 test tren and a little t3/t4 combo

I'm 100% certain if I slowly reverse dieted and slowly brought calories and macros up just enough to fuel workouts and growth I'd have stayed pretty ripped

After competing last November it took a good 2 months of eating everything on sight before I was above 8-10% and that was cruising on 100/100 test tren and a little t3/t4 combo

I'm 100% certain if I slowly reverse dieted and slowly brought calories and macros up just enough to fuel workouts and growth I'd have stayed pretty ripped

Yep, I don't think staying lean is that complicated.

Was that tren A?

lets be honest its one of two things...

1) great genetics

2) they stay very lean and never gain much muscle.

with great genetics its easy to stay lean and put on muscle.... its also not incredibly hard to stay lean with ok genetics, but putting on muscle while doing so is damn near impossible.

now of course you will have guys who tell you, no no you can do it, I did it and I only have ok genetics. The fact is they are unwilling to admit to themselves they have great genetics, its almost like them saying "I didn't ride my genetics at all, it was soley due to my incredibly hard work". And I understand that, we all want to think that.

My genetics are not great, not totally crappy either. But I can tell you from someone who used to compete with ok genetics...your NOT going to maintain 8% and grow huge. Trust me I tried, I tried for years with great diets, with high protein, with 40/30/30, with 40/40/20...I tried with only 100 calories over maitenence, with 500..etc.. simple fact was..I DID NOT PUT ON MUSCLE, until I said... "yep I am going to be about 12-13% in the offseason". At this weight I would make gains, and I could see a "ok" outline of my abs.

Eat healthy, do some cardio in the offseason (not huge amounts) and lift heavy. Give yourself a cheat meal here and there to save youself from going crazy. If you do this, and really keep track of calories (i.e. food scale to the gram). Your body will let you know where its happy sitting in the offseason. If your body tells you 20%...then your eating WRONG.

I am sure some will disagree with me and that's ok...but this is just from going on 20 years of experience now and my personal view.

**** btw, doing more drugs or different types wont help in the offseason. Stuff like mast, tren etc.. really only shows or makes much of a difference when your dieting. Tren in the offseason wont make you cut, but will make your strong as a ox. But if you enjoy killing yourself with tren year round, then you probably wont listen to reason anyhow.

Last edited:
The above is true. I can hold 8% quite easy and indefinitely with out much effort At all. Trying to gain muscle in the process though is a completely different matter. I'm relaxing the body fat thing currrh and just going for mass. Fat is easy to lose. Muscle much harder to come by

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Great info! What do your 3 large meals look like during the week?

An average non training day would run like this -

meal 1 - 500g grass fed lean steak mince, 250g spinach. I just cook the mince in a pan along with fresh crushed garlic, a dice red onion, fresh grated ginger, a diced scotch bonnet pepper and several sliced mushrooms. Mix it all up in abig bowl, bit of chilli sauce - good to go!!!

Meal 2 - 300g lean steak mince, 200g chicken breast mixed in a pan with 50g peanut butter, garlic chilli sauce and a load of chopped up spring onions - throw them over a bed of 400g of sliced cabbage and diced up leak and its like a big sexy Chinese chili/peanut style meal (this is currently my absolute favourite meal of the week)

Meal 3 - 6 whole freerange eggs either soft boiled or fried in grass fed butter with 250g broccoli, 100g green beans and BBQ sauce or ketchup. 300g cottage cheese with either a load of blueberries thrown in it, or I mix the cottage cheese in a blender with sugar free jelly and let it set in the fridge. Lime jelly is currently my favourite (tastes like lime cheese cake without the biscuit base!

Stew

An average non training day would run like this -

meal 1 - 500g grass fed lean steak mince, 250g spinach. I just cook the mince in a pan along with fresh crushed garlic, a dice red onion, fresh grated ginger, a diced scotch bonnet pepper and several sliced mushrooms. Mix it all up in abig bowl, bit of chilli sauce - good to go!!!

Meal 2 - 300g lean steak mince, 200g chicken breast mixed in a pan with 50g peanut butter, garlic chilli sauce and a load of chopped up spring onions - throw them over a bed of 400g of sliced cabbage and diced up leak and its like a big sexy Chinese chili/peanut style meal (this is currently my absolute favourite meal of the week)

Meal 3 - 6 whole freerange eggs either soft boiled or fried in grass fed butter with 250g broccoli, 100g green beans and BBQ sauce or ketchup. 300g cottage cheese with either a load of blueberries thrown in it, or I mix the cottage cheese in a blender with sugar free jelly and let it set in the fridge. Lime jelly is currently my favourite (tastes like lime cheese cake without the biscuit base!

Stew

Interesting

Guys who can stay very lean and bulk at the same time probably either have true mesomorph genetics or a good hook up on pharm grade gh with the money to afford a lot of it.

Yep the curse/blessing of genetics, height and fast metabolism. I can pretty much eat anything within reason and always have abs showing. As stated already though, it's a bitch to try and gain a single lb of lean muscle.

Staying at or around 8% isnt genetics, its choice.

Its simple maths, put less in that you put out! the fat will come off to get you down to the leanness you require then you very very slowly add calories until fatloss stops but fat does not increase!

You now no your maintenance calories.

Will you ever be the biggest guy walking the face of the earth - nope! But youl be 8% which is what your after!

Stew

lets be honest its one of two things...

1) great genetics

2) they stay very lean and never gain much muscle.

with great genetics its easy to stay lean and put on muscle.... its also not incredibly hard to stay lean with ok genetics, but putting on muscle while doing so is damn near impossible.

now of course you will have guys who tell you, no no you can do it, I did it and I only have ok genetics. The fact is they are unwilling to admit to themselves they have great genetics, its almost like them saying "I didn't ride my genetics at all, it was soley due to my incredibly hard work". And I understand that, we all want to think that.

My genetics are not great, not totally crappy either. But I can tell you from someone who used to compete with ok genetics...your NOT going to maintain 8% and grow huge. Trust me I tried, I tried for years with great diets, with high protein, with 40/30/30, with 40/40/20...I tried with only 100 calories over maitenence, with 500..etc.. simple fact was..I DID NOT PUT ON MUSCLE, until I said... "yep I am going to be about 12-13% in the offseason". At this weight I would make gains, and I could see a "ok" outline of my abs.

Eat healthy, do some cardio in the offseason (not huge amounts) and lift heavy. Give yourself a cheat meal here and there to save youself from going crazy. If you do this, and really keep track of calories (i.e. food scale to the gram). Your body will let you know where its happy sitting in the offseason. If your body tells you 20%...then your eating WRONG.

I am sure some will disagree with me and that's ok...but this is just from going on 20 years of experience now and my personal view.

**** btw, doing more drugs or different types wont help in the offseason. Stuff like mast, tren etc.. really only shows or makes much of a difference when your dieting. Tren in the offseason wont make you cut, but will make your strong as a ox. But if you enjoy killing yourself with tren year round, then you probably wont listen to reason anyhow.

Glad somebody finally pointed this out. I have great genetics for gaining mass. Appetite is naturally good, tolerance to side effects is high, and my CNS can take a real beating. However, fat loss is always at a crawl. Only DNP/T3 work, but I won't lose 5% bf in a month like some can. I lose maybe 2-3% in a month on a good DNP cycle and consider that an achievement. Even when I tracked cals and macros, carb cycled and did boatloads of cardio, weight loss is non-existent at times and recomp is just steady paced.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws