over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone in/from Sacramento?

hevi-head

Registered
Newbies
Work may be taking me there for an extended time. Actually a little closer to Yuba City but not sure about living there. I’m a single guy for the most part and like a little more variety and options of food choices, gyms, women, and activities.

I lived in and around Sacramento from 2013 to 2017. The most popular place to live is midtown. It's basically downtown, walking distance to all the night life, restaurants, the capital, the Kings arena, etc. But it's also got a nice small town, warm, suburban feel to it - lots and lots of beautiful older houses that make great family homes. Young well-to-do semi-hipster families galore. But the actually cool kind. My brothers friend who is a fire captain lives there with his wife, and so does several of my old church friends. On that note - there are some great churches in midtown/downtown. A historic black church called "center of praise" with great music and that fantastic preaching that black pastors are known for. A non-denominational cozy little multi-ethnic mega Church called "midtown" that's pastored by the pastor for the Kings and has lots of professional athletes and coaches of pro sports who attend. A stunning Catholic cathedral down town that has Mass on weekdays in a chapel that's up on the "stage" behind the altar. Across the river in West Sacramento there is an awesome triple A ballpark that the Oakland A's are thinking of using for a few years while they build there new stadium in Las Vegas. Also over in West Sacramento is a giant Walmart, Costco, and Ikea - cool place for shopping. I think Mark Smelly Bell, the inventor of the slingshot and the social media influencer, has his gym over in West Sacramento too. For food, my favorite restaurant in the world has a location downtown - "world famous Hot boys" - best Nashville hot chicken around. There is a drive-in movie theatre in Rancho Cordova just a few miles east of the city which is fun. A giant two course golf course, Haggin Oaks, near the Mall just outside of downtown, has a pro shop that lets you take any new club you want out to the driving range and hit as many free balls as you want. Just leave your license with them as you "try it out." The only areas you probably want to avoid are South Sacramento/Florin and North Highlands. If you can't afford midtown/downtown but want to remain close and near lots of shopping, then Natomas might be a good spot, especially if you are working up north as Natomas is north of town and you would miss the downtown traffic in your commute.

If you were a family man I'd suggest checking out Roseville. That's a really nice suburb that's north east of Sacramento that's a short drive to Yuba city. My brother currently lives there with his wife and kids and the neighborhoods are mostly upper middle class, but fairly diverse, great public schools, safe, lots of restaurants and shopping and golf courses and the like. But if you want to be closer to the city life then it's probably not exactly what you are looking for. About 30-45 minutes outside of town - although it's still in the interconnected metropolitan area. Sacramento is really one big metro area spanning west sac, south sac, Natomas, downtown, midtown, East sac, carmichael, rancho, citrus heights, north highlands, Roseville, Fair oaks, Folsom, etc

Damn man thanks for all that info. Yeah I was thinking mid town myself. Been looking at air b&b’s and some other stuff. Ideally I need it furnished. It’s about an hour drive to work but I’ve been checking at rush hour too and it doesn’t jump much.
I’ll be coming home from Beale AFB area so I wouldn’t have a ton of bad areas, not like I’d be driving all the way across the city.
I’ve looked a little at Yuba City but it’s showing like 35-40 minutes. A little closer but just not sure I’d be happy there.

I have about 50 minutes where I’m at now on the east coast which isn’t horrible considering getting to live in the area I’m in, like 3 blocks from the beach. I could live literally 15 minutes away from work now but it’s a shit area.

You won’t want to move to Yuba Shitty. Like Bigerp said downtown/midtown was good 7-10 years ago but now leads the nation in homelessness. My law School is there and it’s not very safe. Roseville has gotten very busy and would be a long commute from Beale AFB.

What are your hobbies/what are you into? Lincoln isn’t terrible from AFB and is decent. Agree with Bigerp that Natomas wouldn’t be too bad. Both relatively close from Beale. Natomas might feel a bit more like home for you since it’s more diverse like the East Coast. Better gyms and more central to everything.

Good luck and welcome to Capital City.

Like others have said the homeless issue is absolutely out of control, it's really bad in Midtown. I moved to Sac from San Fran and the homeless nonsense was on par if not worse in Sac.
Not too much going on in Yuba.
If it were me, I would live in Davis - cool college town but you would be looking at a bit of a drive. Roseville would be choice number two, lots of shops and restaurants and easy to get around to other attractions (highest milf concentration in the area as well).
I lived in Sac 2021-2022 - the thing that I enjoyed the most was how many places there were to visit within two hours like the SF Bay area, Napa, Lake Tahoe, Reno, Stockton/Lodi, Chico, Yosemite, and the nearby lakes.
On a bodybuilding note - Mark Bell has a gym in West Sac and is a good dude. Also saw Tony Hughes a few times in Roseville where I assume he lives.

Big no on yuba city. Much better communities same distance from Sac. Sac is a decent city…homeless issue is much less than the bay area.

When people find out I'm from CA, they're like 'so am i.'.
When they tell me places like Fresno or Sacramento, I'm like 'thats not California'
bakersfield is the actual divide between nortenos and surenos x3 and x4
I totaled a brand new G37 with a chip and other mods in san jose on freeway, I had just smoked a blunt and this was before it was legal, I will be honest I was legitimately tripping about going to jail up there because of my tattoos and previous affiliations. It would have been a deathwish

fresno is a shithole! bulldog territory, they broke off from X4 and program themselves, fresno cats are at war with the world

but yes, those arent the places we think of when we think of cali. LA OC SD , LA does not even consider San FER Valley LA, and san fer does not claim LA even know they are in LA county . and SF well SF has always been different. decaying now

The weather is completely different up there, and hispanics have a major issue with southerners, they think we are all paisas lol

I dated a girl from Porterville she was NUTS. whooped me bad a few times lol. Its church girls only for me now!

we are getting blasted with rain right now here , you know where I am at, but not like LA is, we are expecting 3-5 in of rain here , them 5-7

I went to sutters mill outside sac town where the gold rush 49ers set up shop, it was a cool experience, went sight seeing in sac town also when young

sac had a lot of good and or famous rappers, brotha lynch, x raided, mac dre and e40 (vallejo), CBO, Celly Cell, too short (oakland), RBL POSSE (SF)

sac town is running the game right now in rap music in cali. Mozzy VS Lavish D causing actual warfare. sad people are so influenced by music as adults still

If midtown has gone downhill and you have the money I used to live in an apartment downtown called 800J. Super nice, 14 ft ceilings, floor to ceiling windows, modern, spacious. It's across from cesar Chavez park where they do concerts every Friday night during the summer, and around the corner from K street where all the night clubs and restaurants are. When I was living there DeMarcus Cousins (who was on the Kings at that time) lived there and I would see him from time to time. There's probably some other newer apartments downtown as well that you could check out.

You won’t want to move to Yuba Shitty. Like Bigerp said downtown/midtown was good 7-10 years ago but now leads the nation in homelessness. My law School is there and it’s not very safe. Roseville has gotten very busy and would be a long commute from Beale AFB.

What are your hobbies/what are you into? Lincoln isn’t terrible from AFB and is decent. Agree with Bigerp that Natomas wouldn’t be too bad. Both relatively close from Beale. Natomas might feel a bit more like home for you since it’s more diverse like the East Coast. Better gyms and more central to everything.

Good luck and welcome to Capital City.
Yeah I’ve ruled out Yuba City lol. It was just the first place I saw kinda close.
The older I’ve gotten the more I like living in an area where everything is fairly close like bars restaurants and some night life.

My main hobby is the gym of course but do like good restaurants and a drink on the weekends.
I appreciate your input here

Like others have said the homeless issue is absolutely out of control, it's really bad in Midtown. I moved to Sac from San Fran and the homeless nonsense was on par if not worse in Sac.
Not too much going on in Yuba.
If it were me, I would live in Davis - cool college town but you would be looking at a bit of a drive. Roseville would be choice number two, lots of shops and restaurants and easy to get around to other attractions (highest milf concentration in the area as well).
I lived in Sac 2021-2022 - the thing that I enjoyed the most was how many places there were to visit within two hours like the SF Bay area, Napa, Lake Tahoe, Reno, Stockton/Lodi, Chico, Yosemite, and the nearby lakes.
On a bodybuilding note - Mark Bell has a gym in West Sac and is a good dude. Also saw Tony Hughes a few times in Roseville where I assume he lives.
Man I’m 55 so the whole college scene isn’t really my thing, fun sometimes though. With them being so young, they’ll say I look 40 (which sounds old to them but it is nice to hear lol.
Roseville sounds more up my alley, I looked into it for a minute today.
And I did notice all the stuff like Tahoe not far away at all. That’d be great

Man I’m 55 so the whole college scene isn’t really my thing, fun sometimes though. With them being so young, they’ll say I look 40 (which sounds old to them but it is nice to hear lol.
Roseville sounds more up my alley, I looked into it for a minute today.
And I did notice all the stuff like Tahoe not far away at all. That’d be great
Based on your age and hobbies I 2nd Roseville for you. West Roseville is newer. Nothing wrong with the older parts. I lived in Roseville on and off for years. Feel free to PM me if you target any areas. Otherwise your best bet is to check it out during your next stay.

Based on your age and hobbies I 2nd Roseville for you. West Roseville is newer. Nothing wrong with the older parts. I lived in Roseville on and off for years. Feel free to PM me if you target any areas. Otherwise your best bet is to check it out during your next stay.
Thanks man, yeah I’ll hit you up if it all pans out, it’s not 100% yet. Just trying to get a jump on it

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity