advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone Using a Whoop Strap or Other Fitness Tracker?

I HATE HATE SAAS/HAAS products as a consumer....now as a Finance Exec it is the sexiest shit on the planet for driving valuations...and for good reason. Your customers are locked in like a mf'er.

I have a Galaxy watch, 4 I think, and I track my sleep results in a spreadsheet along with the various sleep supplements I take, last meal etc. I am a bit OCD.

The site below is very interesting on how accurate/inaccurate these devices are. Highly recommend you watch a review of your target product prior to buying it...

On the sleep monitoring, I used a few things including Galaxy watch and the best sleep apps on phones etc (recorded sounds and all). I'd get medium to good marks on sleep...

Turned out I had severe sleep apnea. 50+ events per hour with blood oxygen crashing into and nearly through the 80s at some points. This is when even the doctor says "whoa fuck".

Been on a machine since and I consistently get 0.5 to 2 events per hour average (5 or under so no sleep apnea).

Point being, I have previous little faith in accurate sleep monitoring of the all in wonder devices. Love my whoop but even it, I take with a large grain of salt.

I appreciate that, its really useful info.

As I was setting mine up it literally had a notification saying eating before bed caused a lot of users to have poor sleep quality.

Play with it and just keep meal timing, size, etc in mind when you look at your sleep in the stress bar and how that likely ties to the other more direct readings that influence recovery. Pretty interesting. Breaking down a big meal and/or processing alcohol...you will see it even if all your conscious systems are dormant.

On the sleep monitoring, I used a few things including Galaxy watch and the best sleep apps on phones etc (recorded sounds and all). I'd get medium to good marks on sleep...

Turned out I had severe sleep apnea. 50+ events per hour with blood oxygen crashing into and nearly through the 80s at some points. This is when even the doctor says "whoa fuck".

Been on a machine since and I consistently get 0.5 to 2 events per hour average (5 or under so no sleep apnea).

Point being, I have previous little faith in accurate sleep monitoring of the all in wonder devices. Love my whoop but even it, I take with a large grain of salt.

So with only 2 events per hour are all of your symptoms of sleep apnea gone? No head aches or brain fog etc..

So with only 2 events per hour are all of your symptoms of sleep apnea gone? No head aches or brain fog etc..
I never had any symptoms so it never showed up. I felt fine as I'm pretty high energy. Only got a sleep test as a few girlfriends mentioned I'd stop breathing for a long time and it scared them. Pretty bad as it turned out. Anyway love the machine. I sleep really well so I'm a religious user of it and bring it everywhere.

I have always use the old school alpha programing, using my brain. But it may need updating.

Have gone with at least a dozen garmin watches, Whoop and Oura. Oura for me personally has been my favorite. I find it tracks sleep with the same accuracy as the other devices and is less obtrusive to wear. I can't stand jewelry or having anything on me so the Whoop didnt last more than two months and the Garmins drove me nuts.

The insights I have into my health for recovery and performance have been invaluable.

Have gone with at least a dozen garmin watches, Whoop and Oura. Oura for me personally has been my favorite. I find it tracks sleep with the same accuracy as the other devices and is less obtrusive to wear. I can't stand jewelry or having anything on me so the Whoop didnt last more than two months and the Garmins drove me nuts.

The insights I have into my health for recovery and performance have been invaluable.

I was hoping you'd chime in... But also hoping you reaffirm my Whoop purchase lol.

So other than it being a strap, what didnt you like about Whoop? Less accurate than Oura?

I was hoping you'd chime in... But also hoping you reaffirm my Whoop purchase lol.

So other than it being a strap, what didnt you like about Whoop? Less accurate than Oura?

In all sincerity my former command got everyone an Oura - they did some big study on them and to be honest I am blind to the results. It could have just been the different pricing models realistically. Tend to trust the decisions they go with.

I perspire heavily every day and just the idea of a strap honestly seemed a bit gross to me.

Well look at this. A sleep/health tracker that does not have a SAAS component. Popped up in Facebook today, after I posted that comment the other day about hating SAAS. Looks not too shabby and might try this out...

Coincidence?

Well look at this. A sleep/health tracker that does not have a SAAS component. Popped up in Facebook today, after I posted that comment the other day about hating SAAS. Looks not too shabby and might try this out...

Coincidence?

Big brother always watching !!

In all sincerity my former command got everyone an Oura - they did some big study on them and to be honest I am blind to the results. It could have just been the different pricing models realistically. Tend to trust the decisions they go with.

I perspire heavily every day and just the idea of a strap honestly seemed a bit gross to me.
They have Waterproof straps now. 😊 I’m the opposite and couldn’t stand wearing the Oura on my hand. The new whoop is smaller. Both are top notch though IMO.

I look at a lot of this data, from clients.

Would be particularly interested in slow wave sleep (SWS) data pertaining to particular AAS cycles/dosages that anyone wants to send me. I already can discern a notable trend effect of trenbolone on this sleep cycle phase.

Can always use more data. Feel free to PM me within that context, indicating compounds/dosage/time of exposure & SWS data, particularized.

Does the whoop provide any practical benefit over an Apple Watch? I’m not asking if one is better than the other but if the whoop is worth picking up if you already have an Apple Watch?

I hate my Apple Watch. I have the new SE. how the fuck do I track sleep or daily stress if I have to charge it every 15-16 hours.

The whoop and oura monthly price adds up though.

I really want a garmin instinct 2 (second gen optical sensors)

@Performance Based does the oura/whoop really give you worthwhile data over a garmin for the recurring price?

Only used Garmin and I'm pretty happy with it. I have had the same one since 2016 (Garmin F6). I also use the tri HR band which is accurate as well. The watch is good in the water, other than that I wouldn't count on it to measure calories correctly under activity.

Now sleep wise is where it gets interesting for me. Any kind of unhealthy diet my stress level goes through the roof. Touching alcohol does the same thing. Mediterranean diet keeps me pretty stable with Test and Winny on board. However, it's still not great sleep as my resting HR is a little higher on gear (55 - 68). Off gear I fall around 36 - 52. The watch measures sleep cycles too and anytime I get deep sleep my performance is usually ace that day.

I'm usually a cardio only guy so I don't fall in line with you huge dudes. But it's definitely important to see where your stress levels are at and relate that with your sleep stats.

I use the oura ring, I’ve had it for 2.5 years, I’m a big fan

I look at a lot of this data, from clients.

Would be particularly interested in slow wave sleep (SWS) data pertaining to particular AAS cycles/dosages that anyone wants to send me. I already can discern a notable trend effect of trenbolone on this sleep cycle phase.

Can always use more data. Feel free to PM me within that context, indicating compounds/dosage/time of exposure & SWS data, particularized.

I'm a data junkie. Let me know what device you are compiling from and how to best get the data sets your way.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131