over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Chains on deads

Simpllyhuge

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
How do I set up up chains on Deads. I am not planning on doing westside but like the way bands feel on the dead but thats a huge pain in the ass and want to buy some of those collars or whatever to hang chains on. Can some one explain how I would go about doing it on the ends. I have short arms as it is and don't like the idea of hanging them all bunched up in the middle, I don't even get the point of that. I would rather have them on the ends and hanging long. Thanks.

Or those nylon things with rings not them would be good, maybe I could even use bands then?

Elitefts had a good article on that subject. I would link it but on phone. (And somewhat lazy). I want to say rogue had a video on it too but not 100% sure on that one.

Thanks. I'm gonna buy them locally and the guy is gonna explain it to me. Thanks

I bought the collars with the prongs on the end from Elite Fitness. I bought my chains local from Tractor Supply. They all sit unused in my basement.

This may be the article you are looking for:

**broken link removed**

I bought the collars with the prongs on the end from Elite Fitness. I bought my chains local from Tractor Supply. They all sit unused in my basement.

I just looked these up and man $64 seems kind of steep(i guess most stuff on their site is tho) for that I think I might see if I can have a friend weld me some prongs on an set of collars I have laying around.

i saw this guy bring in a suitcase for his chains that he would use on the the bench press. i just thought it seemed so unnescxary, such heavy extra luggage just to put some chains on the bar, dont think its going to do any miracles

i saw this guy bring in a suitcase for his chains that he would use on the the bench press. i just thought it seemed so unnescxary, such heavy extra luggage just to put some chains on the bar, dont think its going to do any miracles

You are absolutely right it it isn't going to do any miracles and I wouldn't go threw that hassle to use them but they definitely help. Especially if you bench in a shirt then chains and bands are even more helpful to strengthen your triceps. And now that I think of it you could actually just set up bands on the top of a power rack and do reverse band presses and deads for the same effect and a lot less money.

I have never been able to find chains for a decent price for my home gym but if you can they are worth it. Great for breaking plateaus

Bands felt really good on my low back and pelvis alignment. Chains felt better on everything else.

Last edited:
Bands felt really good on my low back and pelvis alignment. Chains felt better on everything else.

I agree with the bands.On another note i carry over 700 total pounds of chains at my gym.
I have a apparatus called weight re leaser's and they have hooks to put them on the end of the bar past the collars and they have room to have about 150lbs on each for a total of 300 pounds on it .What it does is provide the weight to lower and when it hits the floor a angled piece of iron so it will release and then going back up the weight is up to 300 less.

I agree with the bands.On another note i carry over 700 total pounds of chains at my gym.
I have a apparatus called weight re leaser's and they have hooks to put them on the end of the bar past the collars and they have room to have about 150lbs on each for a total of 300 pounds on it .What it does is provide the weight to lower and when it hits the floor a angled piece of iron so it will release and then going back up the weight is up to 300 less.

Where is your gym?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshely
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws